Changes that were GOOD

hockey week

Sharks:

220px-ChristianEhrhoff.jpg

f968f5d81141e56426edba1331a6873b.jpg?ito

Disagree with this one. While the new logo is definitely an improvement, the decision to drop silver accents for orange was a big mistake. So was changing and then, not using the "Fin" logo.

Fin logo on shoulders would have been the way to go; so would have been ditching the whole chest number idea. While they were changing to the newer better shark logo they could have ditched the whole stick bit in half thing. Waist and arm striping are an upgrade from the previous (top one pictured) and from the later (current one) with the stripeless waist.

"Just when I thought you'd said the stupidest thing, you keep on talking" - Hank Hill

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From the uniform that perfectly represents the dismal ten(ish) years from 95-06:

bergeron_action1.jpg

To the current uniforms:

bergeron.jpg

The current uniforms are pretty good, but for some reason I really like that pre-Edge set better.

I totally despise the Bruins but these new uniforms are the best in the NHL...

Far as the Sharks go, the current logo's better than the old one, but I preferred the pre-edge jerseys over either the post-edge or current sets.

A great change I can think of...when the Port Adelaide Power went from this pile of :censored: ...

Port-2009.gif

...to this beauty...

Port-2010.gif

edit: how I didn't get beat to this is beyond me....from this

220px-Stephen_Curry_Keith_Smart.jpg

to this

220px-Stephen_Curry_shooting.jpg

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Sharks:

220px-ChristianEhrhoff.jpg

f968f5d81141e56426edba1331a6873b.jpg?ito

Disagree with this one. While the new logo is definitely an improvement, the decision to drop silver accents for orange was a big mistake. So was changing and then, not using the "Fin" logo.

I also completely disagree partially for the same reason. Never liked the light orange addition in place of silver. And additionally I've never liked the cartoon shark they switched to in the process. The top one was and still is the best the Sharks have worn IMO.

The old logo showed too much age; A change needed to be made.

this:

wayne_chrebet_1997_10_19.jpg

to this:

keyshawn-johnson.jpg?w=620&h=349&crop=1

I was excited for it at the time, but now I disagree with that. Even aside from how Reebok and Nike have mangled the jerseys on modern templates, I'd much rather see the Jets in Kelly green. Those jerseys were so simple, but I think they were great and they'd translate well to modern templates. I could take or leave the logo, but the rest of the set was great. Plus, it gave them a reason to use black merchandise and actually made it look pretty good, rather than the dreary forest green and black crap they've put out the last decade plus despite black not being a team color.

My thoughts exactly. I loved the change at the time but I have grown to miss the Kelly green. I even like the green Jets helmet.

If you will allow me to introduce an obvious homer example...

Pat+Williams+Minnesota+Vikings+v+Chicago

Thankfully became...

1027%20s%20BarrD1.jpg?itok=VsYeYCri

yeah, this was a HUGE upgrade and it is largely overlooked. imo, the vikes have one of the best uni sets in the league now. before they were, um, near the bottom.

the look is clean, the matte helmets look perfect and the darkened purple is about the only shade of purple you can wear without looking awful.

While I agree it's an upgrade, the numbers bug me to no end!

the lack of outline or even shadow really annoys me for some unknown reason.

GB4tjYx.jpg?1?2352

player_was___taylor_by_verasthebrujah-d9

Speaking of Minnesota

I found this uniform to be incredibly boring, uninspired and fairly generic

Laettner_292_111010.jpg

As silly as this uniform was, at least it gave the team an identity, and it differentiated them from the similar looking Mavericks.

min-wolves-96-08-blue-620x930.jpg

GB4tjYx.jpg?1?2352

Thankfully became...

yeah, this was a HUGE upgrade and it is largely overlooked. imo, the vikes have one of the best uni sets in the league now. before they were, um, near the bottom.

the look is clean, the matte helmets look perfect and the darkened purple is about the only shade of purple you can wear without looking awful.

haha...people always talk trash about their numbers, but normally it's because of their incongruity. i like them without the outline, but it wouldn't bother me either way.

Speaking of Minnesota

I found this uniform to be incredibly boring, uninspired and fairly generic

Laettner_292_111010.jpg

As silly as this uniform was, at least it gave the team an identity, and it differentiated them from the similar looking Mavericks.

min-wolves-96-08-blue-620x930.jpg

while i totally agree that this was a big design upgrade, i wish they would have stuck with the colors from the laettner years. the dark blue and green looked incredible together. i wish they would add the green back in and ditch all the white and gray and whatever other dark hues they are using.

I still think the original Wolves set is their best because of color balance. Sticking green on the trim and going with none on the numbers/wordmark was a mistake. Looking at that photo of Terry Porter, the jersey looks like someone purchased a blank jersey and slapped some cheap black/white decals on it. add to that the goofy number font and I really did not like that.

I prefer the current look to the KG look because 1) they may as well just eliminate green from that look and 2) the fonts are toned down.

The Original set was kinda boring but the color balance was nice.

What I'd like to see 'em do is add green to the alt logo and integrate green (at the expense of black or gray; preferably black) into the workmark/numbers/trim on the uniform. But it's not going to happen.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Thankfully became...

haha...people always talk trash about their numbers, but normally it's because of their incongruity. i like them without the outline, but it wouldn't bother me either way.

I don't like non-outlined numbers in general (I make a few exceptions, mainly Pittsburgh and Oakland) They tend to look either to outdated, too amateurish, or too lazy in certan cases. I question why a team with such a modern looking font, did something that looks for the most part outdated with the numbers. A black outline could have worked great with those numbers.

GB4tjYx.jpg?1?2352

I wish the Blackhawks stayed with the name Black Hawks (changed to one word in 1986) and their uniforms through the 1961-1962 season had sleeves on the red sweaters with 5 stripes (white, black, white, black, white) that matched the bottom striping of the red sweaters. I wish they'd go back to 5 sleeve stripes it makes them look much better. They should also go back to their original name Chicago Black Hawks.

The Golden State Warriors will soon move back to San Francisco and since the NBA has 4 teams in California, it doesn't make sense to for one team to call itself the state nickname. San Francisco Warriors sounds much better and is the original due to California having teams in Sacramento, 2 in LA and one in Oakland (until they move to SF).

The Golden State Warriors will soon move back to San Francisco and since the NBA has 4 teams in California, it doesn't make sense to for one team to call itself the state nickname. San Francisco Warriors sounds much better and is the original due to California having teams in Sacramento, 2 in LA and one in Oakland (until they move to SF).

I do not agree. I love the Golden State part in their name.

I'm a simple person, I have a pixelated David Beckham as profile photo since 2010.

Every time there's any kind of change or anything new in the sports world, this board freaks out and says it's the worst thing to ever happen.

There are people lamenting the change from Chicago Black Hawks to Chicago Blackhawks in one of the mega threads right now. We're hitting critical mass on negativity here.

So I want to start a thread in the opposite direction.

Name a change that was made that was undoubtedly a good decision. Hindsight has played out, it still looks good, we should celebrate that change for the better.

I'll start. The Columbus Blue Jackets did a great thing changing their primary logo in 2007:

42.gif953192008.gif

and the Nashville Predators switching from dark blues and silver to gold and blue was a great decision that has set them apart:

Predators10.pngPredators12.png

Ok, now I have faith in you guys. What decisions were GOOD decisions in hindsight? Let's get some positivity going around here!

Dude, I disagree with both of these.

I wish the Blackhawks stayed with the name Black Hawks (changed to one word in 1986) and their uniforms through the 1961-1962 season had sleeves on the red sweaters with 5 stripes (white, black, white, black, white) that matched the bottom striping of the red sweaters. I wish they'd go back to 5 sleeve stripes it makes them look much better. They should also go back to their original name Chicago Black Hawks.

No! These are GOOD changes! GOOD! It's in the title of the thread!

And why? So everyone can say "Why don't they have a hawk as their logo?" and "Why don't they wear black?" and the extra stripes just add clutter.

Get that negativity out of here and come back when you have something good to say!

Like this:

From these pajamas:

jefffingerjpg.jpeg.size.xxlarge.letterbo83547897-jeff-finger-of-the-toronto-mapl

To these:

leafsDL8.jpgDion-Phaneuf.jpg

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

Archived