Changes that were GOOD

hockey week

Every time there's any kind of change or anything new in the sports world, this board freaks out and says it's the worst thing to ever happen.

There are people lamenting the change from Chicago Black Hawks to Chicago Blackhawks in one of the mega threads right now. We're hitting critical mass on negativity here.

So I want to start a thread in the opposite direction.

Name a change that was made that was undoubtedly a good decision. Hindsight has played out, it still looks good, we should celebrate that change for the better.

I'll start. The Columbus Blue Jackets did a great thing changing their primary logo in 2007:

42.gif953192008.gif

and the Nashville Predators switching from dark blues and silver to gold and blue was a great decision that has set them apart:

Predators10.pngPredators12.png

Ok, now I have faith in you guys. What decisions were GOOD decisions in hindsight? Let's get some positivity going around here!

Dude, I disagree with both of these.

How?! Friggin how?!

You LIKE the ribbon logo better? With it's neon green stick for no reason and mishmash of stars? It doesn't even do its order well, many people still mistake it for CJB when I wear it. How on earth is that better than a much more clean and obvious single star (for the capitol of Ohio) with the Ohio state flag wrapping around it to form a C?

And the Predators edge jerseys were a freaking mess! First off, they look like t-shirts, especially the road one where the sleeves end abruptly and for no reason. They're so incredibly dark that you can't even tell there's a checkerboard on the third unless you're right next to it in good lighting. The piping is terrible. The side panels are bad. The font is stupid. The shoulder logo is way too complex. And there's a triangle behind and the word "Nashville" above the logo on the road jersey, because the branding is that bad that they need to clarify. They made a very late 90s mess into a 2000s mess and they finally put it right.

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From this:

ap97010502131.jpg

To This:

Patriots_41_-_Broncos_7.jpg

People will disagree with this one

From This:

2649837565_d433573b33.jpg

To This:

Marshawn_Lynch_and_Mike_Williams.jpg

I'd say the Patriots were a downgrade. The side panels never truly lined up with the pants. The previous pants using the tail end of Elvis looked much better.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

From this:

ap97010502131.jpg

To This:

From This:

To This:

I'd say the Patriots were a downgrade. The side panels never truly lined up with the pants. The previous pants using the tail end of Elvis looked much better.

Yea I don't agree with either of these. Those sea hawks and patriots previous jerseys were the best sets of those teams ever

While it's admittedly a very minor change, moving the TV numbers to the top of the shoulder and adding some simple sleeve striping made a world of difference for the Chiefs' uniforms.

107564224-thomas-jones-of-the-kansas-cit

hi-res-f04bddd5acbc9aacaa94c1b2d5782077_

IOWA HAWKEYES // KANSAS CITY CHIEFS // MINNESOTA TWINS

Old look:

screen-shot-2015-03-24-at-6-07-08-pm.png

Current look:

philadelphia-eagles-2013-team.jpg?itok=8

Yes I think the midnight green is the perfect color for the Eagles, why change it? I never cared about the emerald green or kelly green the Eagles wore in the past. Best move they ever did is go midnight.

Agreed.

To me, the Eagles always looked like a high school team when they wore Kelly green. Midnight green is unique and the Eagles use it well.

Thread winner. Best uniform decision made in the last few decades.

No. The white paneled caps are horrible and a relic of the '70s and '80s, especially when paired with a classic looking uniform like the Orioles.

From this:

ap97010502131.jpg

To This:

From This:

To This:

Yea I don't agree with either of these. Those sea hawks and patriots previous jerseys were the best sets of those teams ever

That is why we all have differing opinions.

spacer.png

lbj-roy.jpg

This design with the current wordmarks would be an upgrade from what they currently have. I feel like what they have now was an improvement because they got rid of that ugly font.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

From this:

VT_Defense.jpg

To this:

this-is-virginia-tech-football-2.jpg

When we're not totally Butchering it with terrible faux retro looks and rock helmets.

Definitely. Huge upgrade.

Edit: Just noticed the white helmet. Do they only wear it on the road? Not crazy about that. But from the neck down, that's a great look, and much better than what they replaced.

From this:

VT_Defense.jpg

To this:

this-is-virginia-tech-football-2.jpg

When we're not totally Butchering it with terrible faux retro looks and rock helmets.

/thread

spacer.png

Old look:

screen-shot-2015-03-24-at-6-07-08-pm.png

Current look:

philadelphia-eagles-2013-team.jpg?itok=8

Yes I think the midnight green is the perfect color for the Eagles, why change it? I never cared about the emerald green or kelly green the Eagles wore in the past. Best move they ever did is go midnight.

Man, you wouldn't be too popular in Philly! We miss Kelly Green. It reminds us of the Reggie White, Seth Joyner, Jerome Brown, greatest defense ever days.

This

dec0710_07nazzy08_b_std.jpg

To this

15_0305_Biega.jpg

My gripe is those giant "VANCOUVER" letters.

IMHO it doenst fit. The C "orca-Totem" logo alone on those great blue jersey would've been awesome.

But it ain't a "good" change I think. Its "neutral" or me.

Archived