Best Dressed Playoff/Championship Series/Games

SSmith48

Hey guys-

After looking at the TB vs CHI Stanley Cup Finals series, I thought that this could be one of the best dressed series in playoff/championship sports history. I mean, look at them:

Chicago-vs-Tampa-Bay-720x340.jpg

Is there any others you thought looked really good? Post your ideas here. I would love to see this become an awesome thread.

spacer.png

Visit my website at SSmith Designs (google.com)

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ohio State vs Alabama in the Sugar Bowl. Two classic looks. It wasn't a championship but it was a semi-final. The National Championship looked good, but it wasn't the best look for either team.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

I'll say it again, Tampa Bay doesn't have bad uniforms. You guys criticize them for looking like a Leafs/Wings mix, two of the best jerseys in the NHL. In a vacuum, Tampa looks great. It's just that they look to much like another team. Let's dock them points for creativity, not pure looks.

GO OILERS-GO BLUE JAYS-GO ESKIMOS-GO COLTS

Regarding Blackhawks/Lightning....I actually agree that it's going to be a great one. I think we can all agree that what Tampa Bay is wearing is not ideally what they should be wearing - black and blue is what they should be skating out in - but if we're putting that aside and just talking uniforms as they are? Heck, I'll say it: Tampa Bay looks great. I love it. It's clean and crisp, and the blue looks great against Chicago. Throw the tomatoes if you want to, but I think when just talking uniform match ups as they presently are, you have to look at what you're presently given and strip away all the other "they should be wearing this or that" stuff. And what I'm seeing is a great matchup.

And now for something completely different, I'll throw another matchup out there: 1961 World Series, Pirates vs. Yankees. Possibly two of the top five greatest uniform sets in baseball history pitted against each other. I feel Pittsburgh's classic vests, just as they were in '61 from head to toe, were absolutely flawless. I'm not exaggerating either, I can't think of a single flaw. Just a perfect set (and what they should still be wearing today). Pit that against the timeless Yankee pinstripes (and a beautiful, classy road set), and you get an absolutely perfect championship matchup. It doesn't hurt either that a moment like Mazeroski's homer is linked to that matchup forever, too.

As for more recent and modern WS match ups, I always felt Indians/Marlins in '97, Phillies/Yankees in '09, and Royals/Giants last year were great as well.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

Here are some homer picks from the Bulls in 1991, 92 and 93.

michael-jordan-91-finals-retro-6-.jpg1991-nba-finals-bulls-vs-lakers-entire-s

jordan-drexler-1992-finals.jpg117720397-basketball-nba-finals-chicago-

L169_CIFR1d224da9f7c26075743519e22400a82jordan-vs-suns.jpg

I thought each of these were great match-ups, and each offered something different style and color wise. A great Bulls uniform vs. the iconic Lakers' unis in 1991. A unique style in 1992 that shared the Bulls' colors while looking very different. And in 1993, the now-entrenched classic vs. something outlandish which still worked great. The second three-peat wasn't nearly as good, uni-wise.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Super Bowl XLV (2011) was a good one to watch, Packers vs. Steelers

game12-frakes.jpg

Also, the 2006 World Series, Cardinals and Tigers, great result and great on the eyes.

2006_World_Series_Program.jpg

PHI ALPHA! SIGMA ALPHA EPSILON. CAROLINA GAMECOCKS. ST. LOUIS CARDINALS. ST. LOUIS BLUES. ORLANDO CITY SC. JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS.

sc_gamecocks_sig1.png

Also, 1992 World Series. I can't find a good photo of the games from Atlanta.

119534115-baseball-world-series-atlanta-

Super Bowl 34

2000.rams_biever_1_.jpg

I just understand the love for the Titans...they have always looked horrible to me. Bad logo, bad numbers, bad striping, the yoke...

Super Bowl I was a good choice.

Adding Super Bowls:

III

super-bowl-iii.jpg

IV

73736802.jpg

XI

super-bowl1977.jpg

XX

billpearch_0_127.jpg

XVII

dwight_stephenson_1983_01_30.jpg

XXVI

fred_stokes_1992_01_26.jpg

XXXVII

super-bowl2003.jpg

XLI

1347145903_4521_SB.jpg?itok=UYTiET5R

87Redskins.png

I don't mind the Lightning's current uniforms, but their clip art crest does nothing for me. They would do well to take their shoulder patch and use it as a starting point. Still, for a franchise with a short history plagued with sartorial conundrum, this is a huge improvement.

Homer Pick:

1991 Stanley Cup

Homer Pick #2:

2006 NCAA Hockey

(Man I miss those superfluous double-outlines)

2004 World Series (even better at Fenway with the blue Cards caps but hard to find a good photo)

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

2006 Olympics Men's Gold Medal Game:

I've always been a fan of Scandinavian sensibility, although I wish this matchup happened when both were still wearing the Tackla gear with the diamonds on the pant stripes and shoulder yokes:

96942300_slide.jpg

I'll say it again, Tampa Bay doesn't have bad uniforms. You guys criticize them for looking like a Leafs/Wings mix, two of the best jerseys in the NHL. In a vacuum, Tampa looks great. It's just that they look to much like another team. Let's dock them points for creativity, not pure looks.

I think that is pretty much everyone's opinion on them. Same goes for Carolina. They should've stayed primarily black.

Archived