Game Show Network new logo

Ark

The new GSN logos are "meh" at best...they remind me of a logo used by one of these cable religious networks:

god_tv_uk.png

And speaking of game shows, a new classic game show network (Buzzr) just launched yesterday on the subchannels of Fox's owned-and-operated stations (including the ones that carry MyNetworkTV) Buzzr is carrying the old game shows that Fremantle Media owns (Let's Make a Deal, Family Feud, Password, Match Game, and so on).

The new GSN logos are "meh" at best...they remind me of a logo used by one of these cable religious networks:

god_tv_uk.png

And speaking of game shows, a new classic game show network (Buzzr) just launched yesterday on the subchannels of Fox's owned-and-operated stations (including the ones that carry MyNetworkTV) Buzzr is carrying the old game shows that Fremantle Media owns (Let's Make a Deal, Family Feud, Password, Match Game, and so on).

Seriously?!

GSN sucks now because they seriously only show classic game shows for 3 hours every day, and at the most inconvenient time possible.

This has gotta be at least GSN's fifth rebrand in their 20 year existence.

The new logo is a bore. A box with letters. Nothing unique whatsoever. Their previous logo was probably their best, but did like their early-00s one as well:

gameShowNetwork_logo.jpg

6uXNWAo.png

GSN sucks now because they seriously only show classic game shows for 3 hours every day, and at the most inconvenient time possible.

It's been that way forever. They lost me long ago when they started showing poker and dodgeball.

6uXNWAo.png

Regarding the logo change, lateral move.

I wish they would still show Jeopardy! reruns. I also wish they didn't have Family Feud on so much. But if they are going to show Family Feud so much, it would also be nice if they showed some reruns with Louie Anderson hosting (as well as the hosts that preceded him) instead of just Richard Karn, John O'Hurley, and Steve Harvey.

Other than that, their programming is decent, I guess. I mean, the channel serves its purpose.

Regarding the logo change, lateral move.

I wish they would still show Jeopardy! reruns. I also wish they didn't have Family Feud on so much. But if they are going to show Family Feud so much, it would also be nice if they showed some reruns with Louie Anderson hosting (as well as the hosts that preceded him) instead of just Richard Karn, John O'Hurley, and Steve Harvey.

Other than that, their programming is decent, I guess. I mean, the channel serves its purpose.

I don't think GSN has ever re-run Louie Anderson's stint as Feud, just the others...hell, at one point GSN re-ran the Richard Dawson daytime and nighttime versions of Feud about as often as they do the Harvey version now. Anderson wasn't exactly a popular Feud host, probably more so polarizing than anything else.

Every Steve Harvey Family Feud ever:

"Name something you put in your mouth and suck on"

"A PENIS"

[FACIAL EXPRESSION DENOTING THAT YOU WHITE PEOPLE MAY BE OF UNSOUND MORAL FIBER]

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Downgrade.... The old logo looked like a gameshow board/screen.

I haven't watched Game Show network for years. But going on their website and clicking the button to display their new shows, I think maybe they don't want their station logo to be primarely associated with trivia quizzes and the multiple screens to choose from. A lot of the new programming consist of games that involves more than just that, like most contemporary games shows do.

Maybe that's the reason for the logo change, or maybe they just wanted to change just because. I'd go with the latter, honestly. But regardless, I agree with everyone else. It's still a major downgrade, though. I give it a 0.1/10. And that's me being generous because I don't like it yes it's bland as hell.

Archived