Lycan38's AHL 2.0 (Chicago Added)

Lycan38

My previous AHL series ended up abandoned. Just couldn't come up with ideas at the time. So, starting over with the hope that I will finish every team. I have really one thing that will be settled before comments are made. I am not adding sponsor ads or parent club logos to the designs. I've never been a fan of it. So, lets get started and as always I welcome all feedback.

Stockton Heat

StocktonRedux.png

For Stockton I wanted to give them a more traditional looking set. Something that breaks them away from their parent club.

Manitoba Moose

ManitobaRedux.png

I was excited when it was announced that the Moose were back in the AHL. Its one of my favorite brands in sports. I was disappointed that they just cookie cutter the Jets sweaters. Kept the colors as is (logos look good in the Jets color scheme). Brought back the antler numbers and to give them a look that was their own.

I don't like full affiliation patches, but I do think they are necessary. Then again, I'm a sucker for two different shoulder patches.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

The Moose look great, but both are awesome

Favorites: Dallas Cowboys, New York Yankees, New York Rangers, New York Knicks, Cam Newton ND Irish

Least Favorites: New York Giants, New York Mets, Washington Capitals, Pittsburgh Penguins, Philadelphia Eagles, OBJ

Wow both are amazing, wouldn't mind with if the affiliates having those jerseys either.

Looking forward to more AHL material.

Btw, the # on Stockton isn't centred.

Thanks everyone for the feedback.

Rochester Americans

RochesterRedux.png

Rochester has one of the best looks in the AHL. Its not totally untouchable though, so made some small changes. Evened out the stripes, darkened the blue slightly and added an alternate that the team has history wearing. Also, went with the shield as the primary over the shield and script. I've always felt it was a little too busy. Feel free to comment.

What would you think about giving the red version a lace up? Might help differentiate it a little more from the main set. But that's just me nitpicking, this is a great looking set. Classic and consistent.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived