Islanders confirm that they are not changing their logo

It feels like the Islanders are moving to Brooklyn reluctantly. It's like there too good for Brooklyn. Do they not want new fans? How are they gonna do that if they refuse to even add Brooklyn or Queens to the logo, how hard is that? Stupid mistake.

Yes, they are moving to Brooklyn reluctantly because they tried for years and years to build a new arena in Nassau so that they wouldn't have to settle for two-thirds of an arena in a city where their fans don't live. I'm sure they'd like new fans, but how are they going to see the ice?

PUT THE BROOKLYN IN LONG ISLAND.

23-islanders-hockey-barclays-center-4.w5

PUT THE ISLANDERS IN A HOCKEY RINK.

my name (offcenteredscoreboard) is a joke at the fact the scoreboard at barclays is over the blue line... that being said its more of a loving joke than a hateful onebarclays.jpg

That Advil logo on the ice sure is fitting- just looking at how asymmetrical that arena is gives me a headache.

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

I don't see any reason to really make a fuss about the logo not including Brooklyn. I do agree, it does make sense, and that slight tweak is well done by the way, however, I don't think a slight tweak is really necessary. At this point, I'm just happy they are only bringing out a new third jersey and leaving their classic home and road jerseys alone. I think a Brooklyn-inspired alternate jersey is more than enough to be inclusive of Brooklyn, and I even think that's unnecessary. I didn't think their Stadium Series Jersey was too bad. I actually think it's the best alternate they have ever used. I guess that's just me, from what it sounds like. Could the Islanders improve their logo? If I said they couldn't, I would be lying. It really is nothing more than a circle with an orange scribble, the initials 'NY' for New York, and a wordmark. They have kept it because it is iconic for their four straight Stanley Cups and I'm glad. It isn't a great logo, but with the jerseys it serves as the crest for, it looks very nice on TV, and in person too. For a simple logo, it works, and it has quite the history behind it too.

It feels like the Islanders are moving to Brooklyn reluctantly. It's like there too good for Brooklyn. Do they not want new fans? How are they gonna do that if they refuse to even add Brooklyn or Queens to the logo, how hard is that? Stupid mistake.

Yes, they are moving to Brooklyn reluctantly because they tried for years and years to build a new arena in Nassau so that they wouldn't have to settle for two-thirds of an arena in a city where their fans don't live. I'm sure they'd like new fans, but how are they going to see the ice?

PUT THE BROOKLYN IN LONG ISLAND.

23-islanders-hockey-barclays-center-4.w5

PUT THE ISLANDERS IN A HOCKEY RINK.

my name (offcenteredscoreboard) is a joke at the fact the scoreboard at barclays is over the blue line... that being said its more of a loving joke than a hateful onebarclays.jpg

That Advil logo on the ice sure is fitting- just looking at how asymmetrical that arena is gives me a headache.

They should change the signage to read "Barclays Offcenter".

17013982017.gifu2jelkdnhfxbda2vmnsggv6hf.gif444.gifyo3wysbjtagzmwj37tb11u0fh.gif

I'm sure the Isles had their chance to relocate to Brooklyn in the planning process of Barclays, which may have created a more ideal setup in the arena.

When you wait til its built, you deal with the consequences.

I thought the Islanders already announced that they will wear a version of the NY Stadium Serius logo (Hopefully sans chrome)

Officially? I don't think so. But Icethetics does have sources indicating that the "NY" jersey will be featured on the new third.

http://www.icethetics.co/blog/2014/1/25/does-islanders-black-era-end-today

I love the "NY" mark, so long as they lose the chrome outline.

ny_g_tavares_600x400.jpg

I'm sure the Isles had their chance to relocate to Brooklyn in the planning process of Barclays, which may have created a more ideal setup in the arena.

When you wait til its built, you deal with the consequences.

The arena was originally designed to be fully dual-use, but they had to chip it away to get the project approved by the city. Had the Islanders been part of the project from the start, things might have been different, but they weren't.

with all of the problems barclays center has im still excited for this new era in islanders hockey. i mean after 43 seasons we finally have a state of the art building. ive been to one of the preseason games and as long as you sit on the 'good' side its fine. the obstructive view seats are also considerably marked down. bottom line, if you dont like the view from the one side, dont sit there. islanders fans love to complain however, myself included. The isles just had their first 100 point season in years and we're all complaining about something, whether it be the building, the coaches, or the players.

Now as for the logo, i would prefer the logo to stay the same. however if it must change i hope its either just a full long island instead of just nassau and suffolk, or the stadium series logo (provided that its not chrome and the jerseys are traditional islanders).

The isles just had their first 100 point season in years and we're all complaining about something, whether it be the building, the coaches, or the players.

Oh man, my Twitter was all the second portion of the following: "Hey! We had a 100 point season and had a seven game series even though we were on the losing end and looking like a force to reckon with right off the bat in Brooklyn!"

"YEAH WELL WE WOULD'VE WON THE CUP WITHOUT CAPPY AND THE REFS AND CAPPY AND DOUG WEIGHT AND CAPPY AND THAT GAME AGAINST COLUMBUS WHERE CAPPY PUT THE 4TH LINE FOR A MINUTE WHERE WE LOST FIRE CAPPY"

My god, at times I hate my own fanbase :lol: But yeah, I think we're gonna see the logo stay the same for a little while because there's a sizeable segment of Nassau/Suffolk crowd that would have (even more of) a stroke even with just adding the Queens/Brooklyn part of the map and go completely off the wall if they went with the Stadium Series logo full time. I think either the keeping the current crest or the modified island works. Just as long as they don't ditch the traditional blue and orange for all-black-'errything in 2 or 3 years I'll be happy.

ffMc5dZ.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29

my name (offcenteredscoreboard) is a joke at the fact the scoreboard at barclays is over the blue line... that being said its more of a loving joke than a hateful one

Yeah, for me it carries forward a spirit of the bizarre blue line tv camera pivot from Uniondale.

cropped-cropped-toronto-skyline21.jpg?w=

@2001mark

my name (offcenteredscoreboard) is a joke at the fact the scoreboard at barclays is over the blue line... that being said its more of a loving joke than a hateful one

Yeah, for me it carries forward a spirit of the bizarre blue line tv camera pivot from Uniondale.

wouldnt be shocked if the camera is still at the blue line considering thats where the center of the building is hahaha

Archived