Concept Thread Think Tank

raysox

On 10/18/2019 at 3:18 AM, Niiklaz said:

This sounds like a really cool project. How do you plan on simulating the seasons and keeping track of everything?

It's basically a spreadsheet game - I am not much of a programmer, so I've constructed a rule set with simplified player ability values (alongside a more complex algorithm for development/aging/injury) and then a very simplified season resolution methodology.  I've played Championship Manager of course - it has me do a lot of stuff that I'm not all that interested in.  What I like are the building of leagues and movement of the teams up and down in them, and random player generation, so I have always intended to simulate the seasons pretty quickly.  However, the sheer number of players I need to generate is going to probably prevent me from getting to any actual simming for a long time.  I could do that task more quickly, but I kind of enjoy the process.  Just using Excel and Access for now to keep track of records.

Completing the creation of teams is a more realistic task in the short run, up to 15% done now and about to work on the Dallas/Fort Worth Metroplex which will have about 43 teams.  The more I keep reading this forum, the more I want to try to post some team designs.  We'll see.

17 hours ago, Tales said:

Where do you post for a logo and jersey concept request? Looking to get one done for my company. Thanks!

The requests section of the boards becomes available to you when you hit 100 posts. Until that happens (and please don't spam the boards to get to that threshold), take a look around and participate in the various discussions! Welcome!

Just imagine if the NFL didn't monopolize [American/Gridiron] football...

*scratch that*

Just imagine...instead of the NFL...you get not one, but TWO gridiron leagues to fill your pigskin appetite.

Fall League (Working title)

The Fall League (or whatever I end up calling it) caters to old-school fans, mostly an older crowd, that prefer the classic, physical, smashmouth kind of football.

NOTE: The cities listed are not yet finalized.

mO5O3aG.png

Spring/Summer League (Working title)

If you want a more fun, free-wheeling, footloose kind of football, the Spring/Summer League is right for you!

Q1dq51K.png

• Like 1

On 10/30/2019 at 5:38 AM, neo_prankster said:

*scratch that*

Just imagine...instead of the NFL...you get not one, but TWO gridiron leagues to fill your pigskin appetite.

The Fall League (or whatever I end up calling it) caters to old-school fans, mostly an older crowd, that prefer the classic, physical, smashmouth kind of football.

mO5O3aG.png

If you want a more fun, free-wheeling, footloose kind of football, the Spring/Summer League is right for you!

Q1dq51K.png

And I'm looking forward to when that happens.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I'm thinking of taking on an enormous project, but lack the knowledge to complete it as it deserves. NYC has 5 boroughs with 329 neighborhoods. I'm considering a soccer crest for each neighborhood. If there's a better way to group neighborhoods to cut down on the total number or if you feel like you'd have some valuable input please let me know and I'll add you to a google sheets doc. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/30/2019 at 1:38 AM, neo_prankster said:

*scratch that*

mO5O3aG.png

Q1dq51K.png

I Really love the concept in which you are going in, but I'm not really a fan of cities in the US conference of the Spring league with fall league teams. I can understand a Spring league team in NYC or Anaheim (Los Angeles) due to their market size, for example. But not other cities with NFL/Fall League Teams already.

Reserve the Fall League for Actual NFL Cities if possible and/or include some expansion sites. Here's a list of the us spring league proposed teams with found Objections: 

Albuquerque NM

Anaheim CA

Boise ID

Las Vegas NV (Scheduled for a 2020 NFL team)

Los Angeles CA (already have a spring team in Anaheim)

Portland OR

Sacramento CA

Salt Lake City UT

San Jose CA (Too Close to San Francisco-Oakland for Fall leauge, but can fit a Spring team)

Tuscon AZ

Austin TX

Chicago IL (already has NFL/Fall League Team) 

Columbus OH (listed for a Fall league team, but I would put in Spring league due to establishment of Browns and Bengals fan bases in the Columbus Market) 

Cleveland OH (SEE COLUMBUS)

Cincinnati OH (SEE COLUMBUS)

Detroit MI (already has NFL/Fall League Team)

Fargo ND

Houston TX (already has NFL/Fall League Team) 

Oklahoma City (Closest Football venue is in Norman)

Omaha

San Antonio

Tulsa

Birmingham

Charlotte  (already has NFL/Fall League Team) 

Jacksonville  (already has NFL/Fall League Team) 

Louisville

Memphis

New Orleans  (already has NFL/Fall League Team) 

Orlando

Raleigh

Shreveport

Tampa (already has NFL/Fall League Team, but has an available venue in St Pete) 

Baltimore  (already has NFL/Fall League Team) 

Boston  (already has NFL/Fall League Team but has an available venue in Boston Proper)

Hartford

NYC (already has NFL/Fall League Team But has venues available in NYC proper?)

Norfolk

Philly (already has NFL/Fall League Team) 

Pittsburgh (already has NFL/Fall League Team) 

Rochester  (too small)

Virginia Beach (too close to Norfolk)

Washington DC  (already has NFL/Fall League Team but has an available venue in DC Proper)

fixes that I would recommend, based on cities with fall league teams or are too small or have a nearby stadium to hold them in another city close by:

Las Vegas: Tempe, AZ 

Los Angeles: Colorado Springs CO

Chicago: Move to South Bend, IN

Detroit: Move to Lansing

Houston: Move to Manhattan KS

OKC: Put team in Nearby Norman, OK

Charlotte: move to Columbia SC

Jacksonville: Move to Mobile, AL

New Orleans, Move to Baton Rouge 

Tampa: Play in St Petersburg, FL at Tropicana Field.

Baltimore: Move to nearby College Park (University of Maryland stadium)

Boston: Team plays in Boston Proper at Boston College Stadium

NYC: Yankee Stadium? 

Norfolk: Build a new stadium for Football that can hold 50,000.

Philly: Put at Franklin Field

Pittsburgh: Moves to State College, PA

Virginia Beach: Move to Richmond, then Build a new stadium for Football that can hold 50,000.

Rochester: Move To Syracuse

Washington DC: put at RFK Stadium. 

Cleveland: move to Canton

Cincinnati: College venue available in city

Thanks, and keep up the really good work!

--Mybug--

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Minor League Create a Team Senior Project

Need help with senior project! This thesis study aims to explore the development process of creating Minor League like teams. The idea is to develop a series of logos from community created minor league baseball teams. These team names are developed by using a series of requirements like location followed by a mascot which can come from the name of animals, profession, nature, local landmarks, people, food, pronouns, or things in your garage. This servery will help you develop your own team. Only 6 teams will be selected so make it interesting. 

Bonus Points for team names that relate to the location (ex. New Orleans Baby Cakes)

LINK FOR SURVEY: https://forms.gle/AdCVLTB9uEgn2bQw9

• Like 1

I started creating the uniforms for most of the NCFA and current CFA teams in Madden 19 and 20. I was wondering if anyone has better skills at working with some of the code that has to be adjusted for the logos to populate in the scorebug and other parts of the game. 

Kgxa2Y1.png

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

• 1 month later...

This seems like the right place to think about this.

With the heartbreaking lack of real sports I've been messing around with rebuilding the five leagues (MLB, NFL, NHL, NBA, MLS). Basically my project is wanting to revamp the current team and finish the expansion of every league to 32 and completely rebooting the minor league system.

So here's the catch: I have negative design chops. It seems like the place to see if anyone wants to work on a semi-big pet project with me. This is mainly for fun. I have a lot of logistics worked out because I'm a nerdboy with time to kill because of COVID-19. If anyone's interested in what I have going on, HMU!

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Okay, I just thought of this awhile back. But I was considering something about School and University that need a name change or team nickname and fast. For me I have two schools and a university that need to update their image.

For starter, my old High School, Douglass ISD and Jacksonville ISD (both based in East Texas) are nicknamed the Indians and I find it confusing and dumb. I never like the nickname and always called Douglass another team name like the Eagles or the Lions. As for Jacksonville, the city is known for their tomato festival. I never went to school in Jacksonville but I would rename them the Kings or something.

As for the University. I like Stephan F. Austin Lumberjack Basketball team and their team name is fitting for the school. But I do not respect the name of the school since Austin promoted slavery. I actually like to see them rename the college but keep the Lumberjack name. (Sidenote, I would also drop the Ladyjacks nickname and rename them the Lumberjills instead.) 

What schools you guys been to and needed a new school name or team name. 

Honorable Mention: Robert E. Lee High School in Tyler, Texas needs to be renamed as well. 

• Like 1

My Alternative History Sports Stories:

CFL-USA - A Different Telling/StL Americans TL