raysox

Concept Thread Think Tank

16 hours ago, neo_prankster said:

Between Grigby and Gridby, which one would be easier to say?

It's supposed to be a portmanteau of gridiron and rugby, which could be a new name for my fictional Driveball game.

Gridby sounds better. But that's my opinion. 

Waiting to be able to start my own thread for this.  With th pandemic at hand Ive had a lot of time on my hands.  As a avid Football Manager player I decided to create my own US Soccer system.  What turned into a small wish list over 6 months became a complete 9 tier, 700+ Club system.  I create every single one of the 700+ Club Logos, Kits and Information.  For whatever reason I cant find how to start my own thread for this.   

12 minutes ago, dscrocket5 said:

Waiting to be able to start my own thread for this.  With th pandemic at hand Ive had a lot of time on my hands.  As a avid Football Manager player I decided to create my own US Soccer system.  What turned into a small wish list over 6 months became a complete 9 tier, 700+ Club system.  I create every single one of the 700+ Club Logos, Kits and Information.  For whatever reason I cant find how to start my own thread for this.   

Hi, mod here. You need to have at least three posts as replies in other threads before you can start a thread. This is an anti-spam, anti-bot measure.

I will mention, too, that this is a sports logos and graphic design message board. What you've described sounds like sports fan fiction, which is not permitted here. I will request that you read the Concept Forum Guidelines and ensure that your thread is focused on artwork rather than stories and simulations.

Thank you for your response.  Yes, this project was designed for Football Manager however what I wanted to post on here was simply the Logos and Kits.  These creations are 100% original and the purpose of posting them here was only to recieve feed back and share my artwork.  No data files or any Football Manager files would be uploaded. Here is a small sample.  Created USSL Premier League

spacer.png

Edited by dscrocket5

Some rough ideas for Gridby.

Rough outline of the rules:
- Roster size: 14 to 15 on the field plus enough interchange players for a 22-25 man roster.
- Teams made up of Goalies, Backs, Midfielders and Forwards.
- 4 20 minute quarters or 2 35 minute halves.
- Game starts with the referee spiking the ball at midfield.
- Ball can be advanced through handball (Aussie), kick (Gaelic) or pass (American).
- Six tackles needed to gain possession.
- Goalie can inbound to a teammate after the opposing team scores.
- Direction of attack determined by coin toss.
- Scores after the siren will count.
- Field divided into three zones: Defensive, Midfield, Attack.
- Players must stay within the zones corresponding to their position on the field.

Free kicks:
- If the defending team puts the ball out of its own end line, the attacking team get a free kick.
- Attacking team can also be awarded a free kick if a defensive foul occurs in the attack zone.
- If a player from either team steps out of his designated zone and called offsides, a free kick is awarded to the opposing team.

Marks:
- Pass or kick must travel more than 15 yards for a mark to count.
- Only 6 marks are allowed per possession.
- Seventh mark results in a free kick for the opponent.
- Spoiling the mark: Opponents can try to swat or intercept the pass attempt.

Bump.

Thinking about doing a smaller, faster paced version of baseball. 

Rules:

Dimensions would be around 250-300 for fences, it would depend on the park.

6 or 7 inning games

Mound at 55 feet

Metal bats

Juiced balls

No shift?

I’ve had this thought for a bit, but I’m not nearly talented or have enough time to do this- North American Football League.  NFL+CFL (and a Developmental League where it’s a giant player pool, meaning that every team would be able to pull a player from any team). What do you guys think?