Jump to content

Concept Thread Think Tank


raysox
 Share

Recommended Posts

Waiting to be able to start my own thread for this.  With th pandemic at hand Ive had a lot of time on my hands.  As a avid Football Manager player I decided to create my own US Soccer system.  What turned into a small wish list over 6 months became a complete 9 tier, 700+ Club system.  I create every single one of the 700+ Club Logos, Kits and Information.  For whatever reason I cant find how to start my own thread for this.   

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, dscrocket5 said:

Waiting to be able to start my own thread for this.  With th pandemic at hand Ive had a lot of time on my hands.  As a avid Football Manager player I decided to create my own US Soccer system.  What turned into a small wish list over 6 months became a complete 9 tier, 700+ Club system.  I create every single one of the 700+ Club Logos, Kits and Information.  For whatever reason I cant find how to start my own thread for this.   

 

Hi, mod here. You need to have at least three posts as replies in other threads before you can start a thread. This is an anti-spam, anti-bot measure.

 

I will mention, too, that this is a sports logos and graphic design message board. What you've described sounds like sports fan fiction, which is not permitted here. I will request that you read the Concept Forum Guidelines and ensure that your thread is focused on artwork rather than stories and simulations.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thank you for your response.  Yes, this project was designed for Football Manager however what I wanted to post on here was simply the Logos and Kits.  These creations are 100% original and the purpose of posting them here was only to recieve feed back and share my artwork.  No data files or any Football Manager files would be uploaded. Here is a small sample.  Created USSL Premier League

 

 

 

 

 

 spacer.png

Edited by dscrocket5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Some rough ideas for Gridby.

 

Rough outline of the rules:
- Roster size: 14 to 15 on the field plus enough interchange players for a 22-25 man roster.
- Teams made up of Goalies, Backs, Midfielders and Forwards.
- 4 20 minute quarters or 2 35 minute halves.
- Game starts with the referee spiking the ball at midfield.
- Ball can be advanced through handball (Aussie), kick (Gaelic) or pass (American).
- Six tackles needed to gain possession.
- Goalie can inbound to a teammate after the opposing team scores.
- Direction of attack determined by coin toss.
- Scores after the siren will count.
- Field divided into three zones: Defensive, Midfield, Attack.
- Players must stay within the zones corresponding to their position on the field.

 

Free kicks:
- If the defending team puts the ball out of its own end line, the attacking team get a free kick.
- Attacking team can also be awarded a free kick if a defensive foul occurs in the attack zone.
- If a player from either team steps out of his designated zone and called offsides, a free kick is awarded to the opposing team.

 

Marks:
- Pass or kick must travel more than 15 yards for a mark to count.
- Only 6 marks are allowed per possession.
- Seventh mark results in a free kick for the opponent.
- Spoiling the mark: Opponents can try to swat or intercept the pass attempt.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

I’ve had this thought for a bit, but I’m not nearly talented or have enough time to do this- North American Football League.  NFL+CFL (and a Developmental League where it’s a giant player pool, meaning that every team would be able to pull a player from any team). What do you guys think?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 months later...

I am working on a creative side project for myself.

I want to place a relocation/expansion franchise in Orlando for MLB, NHL, and the NFL.

 

I would love some input/brainstorming form everyone here to get the ball rolling!

 

I’m thinking I’d like to go with an outer space themed team names (inspiration from UCF space game uniforms). Maybe Voyagers as one possibility. 
I like the “cape Canaveral blue” as a potential color (also seen on the UCF space game uniforms). 

ive also seen some concepts based around Juice/citrus with orange & green colors that have peaked my interest as well.

 

what are you thoughts on branding and colors for “new Orlando teams”?

thanks everybody!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, Hambone792 said:

I am working on a creative side project for myself.

I want to place a relocation/expansion franchise in Orlando for MLB, NHL, and the NFL.

 

I would love some input/brainstorming form everyone here to get the ball rolling!

 

I’m thinking I’d like to go with an outer space themed team names (inspiration from UCF space game uniforms). Maybe Voyagers as one possibility. 
I like the “cape Canaveral blue” as a potential color (also seen on the UCF space game uniforms). 

ive also seen some concepts based around Juice/citrus with orange & green colors that have peaked my interest as well.

 

what are you thoughts on branding and colors for “new Orlando teams”?

thanks everybody!

Orlando MLB- Nines (9 planets(yes, Pluto too), 9 players on the field)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/6/2019 at 11:21 AM, Joke Insurance said:

Has anyone considered doing concept ideas for the following leagues?

 

WNBA (Women's National Basketball Association)

 

NWHL (National Women's Hockey League)

 

MLR (Major League Rugby)

 

MLL (Major League Lacrosse)

 

AUDL (American Ultimate Disc League)

 

Since this comment was made back in 2019, have any of those possible concepts listed above been attempted/made?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Right I need some help trying to figure out what do I add as the 12th team for the Mountain West since I made the Rainbow Warriors independent... my options are:

1, Find a FCS team in the west and add them to FBS level.

2, Revive a previous FBS team that went bust and put them into the Mountain West... I plan to add the CSF Titans of Fullerton a former Pac side to the Mountain West.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, heavybass said:

Right I need some help trying to figure out what do I add as the 12th team for the Mountain West since I made the Rainbow Warriors independent... my options are:

1, Find a FCS team in the west and add them to FBS level.

2, Revive a previous FBS team that went bust and put them into the Mountain West... I plan to add the CSF Titans of Fullerton a former Pac side to the Mountain West.

Option 2 but I'd also consider the USF Dons

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/12/2021 at 12:32 AM, Joke Insurance said:

 

Since this comment was made back in 2019, have any of those possible concepts listed above been attempted/made?

Someone at oeast started a WNBA concept thread in October. I think there was an AUDL concept with additional teams. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Would anybody be willing to undertake a What if... project?

 

An MLB landscape where all teams west of Milwaukee played in Portland at some point in their existence and all teams east of Cincinnati played in Montreal at some point during their existence. Also, because Wrigley Field and Guaranteed Rate Field are so N-S linear with each other on the team divide, they’ve both played in both cities at one point in their existence 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I remember reading somewhere that during the 1902 and 1952 MLB seasons, there was a proposal for the current cities with a single team, to have a second team. Not sure how accurate this information was. Maybe someone can verify this?

 

Anyways, maybe someone can do a series showing expansion teams in Cincinnati, Cleveland, Detroit, Pittsburgh, and Washington DC?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

Getting back to the drawing board.

 

87-872465_clip-art-australian-rules-aflg

 

I keep losing interest in my previous Driveball and Gridby threads. So as I said, I'm going back to the drawing board with Austus.

 

This time, I wanna create a simpler Austus game. Based on the gridiron/Aussie rules hybrid played during World War II.

 

Field:

Not sure if I want a rectangular field or a round field, but I want it to be smaller than a VFL/AFL pitch, but still fit within the same dimensions as an NFL gridiron field.

As for the markings, I kinda wanna borrow the center square and circle from Aussie rules. But I'm not sure if the arcs should be 25 or 30 yards if midfield is at the 50 yard line. Also, I'm not sure if I want arcs for a rectangular field or if they'd look better on a round field. Another thing I'd like suggestions for is where to put team, league and sponsor logos.

 

Nine players per side.

3 Forwards (1 Full Forward, 2 Half Forwards)

3 Midfielders (1 Center, 1 Left Wing, 1 Right Wing)

3 Backs/Guards/Defenders (1 Fullback, 2 Halfbacks)

I would like suggestions for the number of interchange players.

 

Uniforms.

- Helmets (Not sure if I want NFL style, NHL style or multisport helmets (think Legends of the Hidden Temple and Guts)

- Lacrosse style jerseys and shorts.


Rosters

Not sure if I want 27 or 36-man rosters.

 

Marks

Passes or kicks longer than 15 yards can be marked.

 

Scoring:
Goals are six point.

Behinds are one point.

Scores after the siren are allowed.

 

Championship Name: The Grand Final

Trophy: The Cowley Cup, named after Austus inventor Ern Cowley, former Carlton Blues star.

 

Rough ideas for the league name:

Professional Austus League

Alliance of Austus Football

World League of Austus Football

Austus Football League

United Austus Football League

Major League Austus Football

Majot Austus Football League

International Austus Football League

World Austus Football League

 

A rough timeline of league membership.

1955: 10 teams.

1960: 14 teams.

1966: 16 teams.

1970: 18 teams.

Membership goals: I want 24 teams by 1990. Then 30 by 2000. I'm not sure how to space out the expansions after 1970.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.