Concept Thread Think Tank

raysox

Hello, I have been thinking of a concept idea for a while and am new to the whole forum thing. I would appreciate some tips and stuff for navigating the site but my idea is a Wisconsin Handball Association (WHA). I already have 30 teams picked out with 6 conferences of 5 teams each. I just need to figure out team names, logos, jerseys and the like. Any tips?

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, heavybass said:

Considering doing Arena Football concepts with Non-D1 NCAA teams

This could be a really good one.  Back when Arena Football was on the rise I had the thought that a step for helping the sport grow would've been to establish a college club league similar to how Ultimate or Rugby teams tend to be organized at colleges. There's a lot of fairly big D-1 schools without football teams (just in my home state there's 3 Division 1 schools without football) but do have decent arenas for basketball and/or hockey available that could theoretically be tapped into for an Arena Football college club league. Adding in D1-AA and D2/3 presents a lot of great possibilities for teams to create.

Sportslogo-Forum-Signature-2.png

Yeah I would need to do some research.... look into how many teams would it be possible to create a sustainable model. I would not use any of the Power or Group teams because they would have too big capacities for Arena Football.

So Non-D1 teams ((Those that used to have College Football), 1-AA aka FCS and then D2/3 would be in that order.

And I'm stuck with picking regions because I only have 8 and that would mean 32 teams per division... and i kinda don't want that.

Only issue is these are all I can come up with.

New England
Pacific
SouthEast
SouthWest
Great Lakes  
Great Plains  
Far West
Atlantic

• Like 1

If you wanted to break into a couple smaller regions I think (without knowing where teams are all located) you could justifiably separate the Gulf Coast (FL to LA) and Midwest/Ohio Valley (WV, TN, KY, MO) from the existing regions you have. Arguably Texas could be a region by itself.

Sportslogo-Forum-Signature-2.png

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/14/2021 at 11:56 PM, qboy18 said:

Hello, I have been thinking of a concept idea for a while and am new to the whole forum thing. I would appreciate some tips and stuff for navigating the site but my idea is a Wisconsin Handball Association (WHA). I already have 30 teams picked out with 6 conferences of 5 teams each. I just need to figure out team names, logos, jerseys and the like. Any tips?

I'm down if you want my help. Inbox me.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 11/17/2021 at 11:45 AM, heavybass said:

Possibly next project after 3.0.... what if USFL/AAF/XFL had a NFL like league, who would make conferences, who would be rivals... definetly can't have more than 2 teams in one place and I might need to make a couple of changes but it's a thought I've had.

Elaborating on this one.... I would probably need to move Memphis Express to a different location as well as move the Vipers of Tampa to Miami.

On 11/17/2021 at 6:45 AM, heavybass said:

Possibly next project after 3.0.... what if USFL/AAF/XFL had a NFL like league, who would make conferences, who would be rivals... definetly can't have more than 2 teams in one place and I might need to make a couple of changes but it's a thought I've had.

My suggestion would be to add the WFL, UFL, and FXFL to that, as well.

Focusing specifically on non-NFL cities/markets across those leagues, and this is the list I made.

Atlantic? East?

- Orlando (WFL, USFL, XFL 2000, UFL, AAF)
- Brooklyn (FXFL)
- Hartford (UFL)
- Norfolk (UFL)

South?

- St Louis (XFL 2020)

- Birmingham (WFL, USFL, XFL 2000, AAF)
- Memphis (WFL, USFL, XFL 2000, AAF)

- Shreveport (WFL)

Central?
- San Antonio (WFL, USFL, AAF)
- Omaha (UFL, FXFL)
- Salt Lake (AAF)
- Oklahoma (USFL)

Pacific? West?

- Sacramento (UFL)
- Portland (WFL, USFL)
- San Diego (AAF)
- Oakland (USFL)

Leftovers

- Honolulu (WFL), skipped for logistic/travel reasons
- Anaheim (WFL) , skipped because LA has 2 NFL teams

- West Palm Beach (FXFL, was supposed to host the Florida Blacktips, but the stadium deal fell apart and it ended up a traveling team)

- Youngstown, OH (FXFL, the Boston Brawlers were going to become the Mahoning Valley Brawlers, but the dissolution of the league meant the team never played in Ohio)

- Hudson Valley (FXFL, technically Fishkill, NY, but same media market as Albany)

NFL Cities in the AAF, XFL, or USFL

- Atlanta (AAF)

- Phoenix (AAF, technically Tempe, but same media market)

- Seattle (XFL)

- Dallas (XFL)

- Houston (XFL, USFL)

- Tampa (XFL, USFL)

- New York/New Jersey (XFL, USFL)

- Washington, DC (XFL)

- Los Angeles (XFL)

- Philadelphia (USFL)

- Pittsburgh (USFL)

- New Orleans (USFL)

- Detroit

Other Medium-Tier Cities/TV Markets
- Harrisburg
- Grand Rapids
- Milwaukee (no stadium, so maybe Madison?)
- Columbus
- Raleigh
- Louisville
- Des Moines
- Spokane
- San Bernardino
- Albuquerque
- Tucson

- West Palm Beach

• 2 weeks later...

Trying to create a concept for the Coyotes relocating to Houston.

looking for ideas on “unique” color schemes that are fresh for the NHL but also fit the theme of team name etc. I’m open to any and all suggestions!

knee jerk thoughts are

purple/orange/black or gray (similar to Lehigh valley phantoms)

purple/black/red (similar to original Toronto raptors colors or TCU football alternates)

orange/green/white

also want to try and connect with the space theme for a name (astros, rockets)

aeros (current favorite)

apollos (honoring former team in the area)

voyagers

thanks in advance !

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi! I founded and manage my own baseball team in Germany and I am currently giving our jerseys and hats an update. Is there a way here to upload images other than via URL? The club is called Mönchengladbach Blackcaps and is located in a town that is mostly known for their successful first tier soccer club Borussia Mönchengladbach which plays in Germany’s Bundesliga.
I would like to get some feedback from experts in logos. On website
http://mg-blackcaps.tanked.de/baseball/baseball-jersey-pro/ you’ll see our away jerseys and I am especially thinking or worried about these points:
- Interlocked MG city initials logo on the chest: don’t know if it should maybe be with a black frame line around it or just like that
- Size of logo and number on chest: 16cm (6.3 inch) high
- Line or no black line along the buttons (button panel)
- Changing letter font for names on back to font Player Bold, https://xfonts.pro/fonts/player_outline, like outlined font on Houston Astros away jerseys)
- Size of numbers on back: 21cm hoch (8.3 inch), font Player Bold If your eye would strike anything else, feel free to let me know too.

Your feedback would be greatly appreciated!!

• 3 months later...