Concept Thread Think Tank

raysox

more of "Sports logo's" thread idea, but if someone made a Thread where users could vote on their top 3 favorite uniforms/logos from each league. Then at the end of every week, votes are tallied, then put into a Power Ranking like chart. Would be cool to compare to such websites of similar surveys.

• Like 2

SIG.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

What about this: someone posts a jersey, any sport, and then the next person "evolves" it, and then the next, and so on. Posts can be reserved beforehand. Relocations/color scheme changes are OK, but try to limit them. Until someone decides to do another team, and the cycle repeats. Or a league where different users can make teams (have a preset template for consistency), then games are randomized (like AFA). Have a "commissioner" who can decide who gets in or not. I know there are fantasy leagues here, but not those that use randomized scores instead of actual game scores. Hear me out on this.

If you read on the card you'll be cheating on your heart.

• 2 weeks later...

When I was in junior high, I was playing roller hockey just about every weekend, and remember nearly all of these teams. So, I'd love to see a rebrand of these: http://www.sportslogos.net/teams/list_by_league/28/Roller_Hockey_International/RHI/logos/

Heck, I might just do it.

"Type something, will ya? We're paying for this stuff." - Peter Venkman
Complete: Stateside Soccer Federation | Complete: World Football Club Alliance | Stalled: Roller Hockey International Redux | Stalled: MLB & Soccer Crossover

• 4 weeks later...

A series that I would love to finish was based off a concept from this years Logolympiad, the crossover. Taking NFL teams and turning them into MLB franchises. I have a few done already, but likely won't be able to tackle the rest until early next year.

In terms of a competition. I think a collaboration kind of thing could be really cool. Like maybe teams of 2 or 3 are created and a playoff grid of sorts is set up (almost NCAA tourney style). Each round would be a different creative challenge. The teams could be selected by random draw, or another way might be by city. So you could have team Calgary, team Denver, team Seattle etc.... based on where people are from. Each team could also design their own logo to go with their team name.

This might be way too complicated. To make something like this work a lot of planning would be involved, perhaps even a juding pannel would be required. But could be something to consider. Might be a good way for people on the boards to get to know one another as well.

• Like 1

spacer.png

• 3 weeks later...

When I was in junior high, I was playing roller hockey just about every weekend, and remember nearly all of these teams. So, I'd love to see a rebrand of these: http://www.sportslogos.net/teams/list_by_league/28/Roller_Hockey_International/RHI/logos/

Heck, I might just do it.

Well, I've decided that after I'm done with my soccer series, I'm actually take on my own idea. So back off... :)

"Type something, will ya? We're paying for this stuff." - Peter Venkman
Complete: Stateside Soccer Federation | Complete: World Football Club Alliance | Stalled: Roller Hockey International Redux | Stalled: MLB & Soccer Crossover

• 1 month later...
On October 30, 2015 at 4:43 AM, Bomba Tomba said:

What about this: someone posts a jersey, any sport, and then the next person "evolves" it, and then the next, and so on. Posts can be reserved beforehand. Relocations/color scheme changes are OK, but try to limit them. Until someone decides to do another team, and the cycle repeats. Or a league where different users can make teams (have a preset template for consistency), then games are randomized (like AFA). Have a "commissioner" who can decide who gets in or not. I know there are fantasy leagues here, but not those that use randomized scores instead of actual game scores. Hear me out on this.

This is actually a really cool idea. Having one person create a simple team, with logos, wordmarks, and uniforms. Not a full scale rebrand, just the basics. Then someone else "evolves it" to their liking and get a string of those happenings. Eventually you could end up with a fully new concept, through a string of people. That'd be interesting to see the evolution.

Dunno if I'll ever get around to doing this, but an alternate timeline where these NFL teams from 1929 still exist

• Dayton Triangles
  • Frankford Yellow Jackets
  • Boston Bulldogs (Pottsville Maroons from 1920-28 would be better)
  • Staten Island Stapletons
  • Orange Tornadoes
  • Providence Steam Roller
  • Buffalo Bisons
  • Minneapolis Red Jackets

• Like 2

On 8/24/2015 at 3:57 PM, wquarton said:

Someone please consider redoing NY Cosmos. Classic club, tacky logo, but has a ton of potential. I'll do it once I finish my current projects if no one else does but that could be a while.

How about an alternate timeline where the United States is awarded the world cup in 1986 instead of 1994 therefore boosting the popularity of soccer enough to allow the NASL to survive and stabilize

Basically how the NASL would look in 2016 if it survived

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

I'm a big fan of Powerball, Namco's futuristic sports video game from 1991 for the Sega Genesis. The game takes place in 2010, and is a combination of football, basketball, soccer, ice hockey, rugby, Aussie Rules football, team handball and MMA. My proposed concept would be a modern re-imagining, with a different take on the timeline from the sport in this game (USSR exists in this game), and structured, deeper concepts in terms of uniforms they'll be using.

tumblr_m6ah24o1JB1qd4q8ao1_500.gif

• Like 1

9 hours ago, NSLthe2nd said:

I'm a big fan of Powerball, Namco's futuristic sports video game from 1991 for the Sega Genesis. The game takes place in 2010, and is a combination of football, basketball, soccer, ice hockey, rugby, Aussie Rules football, team handball and MMA. My proposed concept would be a modern re-imagining, with a different take on the timeline from the sport in this game (USSR exists in this game), and structured, deeper concepts in terms of uniforms they'll be using.

tumblr_m6ah24o1JB1qd4q8ao1_500.gif

Hey I wanna go at it! Message me if you got any ideas and suggestions, I have been itching to do a small project since the day I joined here! 

Doing 8 teams isn't so bad but should be fun! 

USA

USSR

China

United Kingdom

Brazil

Korea

Greece

Japan

Alamo%2BBowl_sig.png

Liberty Bowl_sig.png

FEAR THE FROG! LET'S GO TCU!!