Concept Thread Think Tank

raysox

1 hour ago, Jacobseye said:

I would like for there to be a series of a league's future and have it progress year by year. New Logos would be made for Relocations and Expansions.

I really like this idea. I actually started doing something similar to this quite recently with a fictional north american soccer league.

8 hours ago, JMtexan09 said:

Hey I wanna go at it! Message me if you got any ideas and suggestions, I have been itching to do a small project since the day I joined here! 

Doing 8 teams isn't so bad but should be fun! 

USA

USSR

China

United Kingdom

Brazil

Korea

Greece

Japan

There are four secret national teams (Mexico, Germany, Canada and France), making it 12. And, I am down!

Here's an idea! How about a thread showcasing minimalistic, flat, 2d scoreboards. Basketball, baseball, hockey, football, soccer, who knows? I think it would be a fun idea. 

image.png 

"Okay, Mr. OKC, you obviously have never been to Louisville."

Ok so this idea might seem a little Farfetch'd, (really Aaron a pun this early), but I think it would be a lot of fun! So with all the Pokemon going on it got me thinking about making up a whole pro sports side of things in the Pokemon world. This is when I came up with the URHF, United Regional Hockey Federation, which is a hockey league for every region of the Pokemon world. Each region would be seperated into two conferences and those conferences are named after the main games for that region. For example, the Hoenn region would have the Ruby conference and the Sapphire conference. Each of these conferences would be made up of 8-12 teams depending on region. This seems like a big project to start but also seems unique and fun! I was going to do it but unfortunately have no logo experience so if anyone wants to take that side of things I could do jerseys and make this thing a reality! Or you could take it upon yourself to do it! Maybe if things are successful we could even simulate a season. Either way I want to see it! Message me if you're interested at all or want more details!

• Like 1

I'm intrigued by this idea of a Pokémon sports world. In the future, I'd probably try concepts of regional rugby leagues within the national structure, based on a mix of Pokémon's games and the locations from the anime and its movies. 

I  know the anime referenced an Electabuzz baseball team strongly based on the NPB's Hanshin Tigers.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I´ve been thinking about starting a fictional league, either hockey or soccer, and simulate through seasons and all that. I face two problems;
1) Don´t feel like creating teams from citites/states that already has an NHL team. Feels like that´s already been done and doesn´t need to be done once more. Also, creating a league in, let´s say Germany, doesn´t sound like fun either.

2) A North american soccer League would be fun since I don´t follow the MLS, which would´t make me feel like i´m recreating the league.  Problem here is that soccer teams change their jerseys and jersey sponsors every year and having to change all the jerseys every year would simply take too much time. I want to keep it fairly realistic, that´s why stuff like this bothers me lol.

Any tips/thoughts on how to go about this?

• 2 months later...

My fictional baseball league ended its season a few weeks ago and I decided I was going to rebrand my Milwaukee team. Their original name is the Milwaukee Brew Masters. (bad, I know right) So I've been brainstorming some names which are:

Wisconsin Fighting Bob's: After Bob La Follette's nickname

Milwaukee Barley Knights: Beer needs Barley

Milwaukee Excalibur: The car was made in Milwaukee 

If anyone has anything better let me know.

It's Me

1 hour ago, Raptorman415 said:

My fictional baseball league ended its season a few weeks ago and I decided I was going to rebrand my Milwaukee team. Their original name is the Milwaukee Brew Masters. (bad, I know right) So I've been brainstorming some names which are:

Wisconsin Fighting Bob's: After Bob La Follette's nickname

Milwaukee Barley Knights: Beer needs Barley

Milwaukee Excalibur: The car was made in Milwaukee 

If anyone has anything better let me know.

A high school near me is called the Millers. 

• Like 1

image.png 

"Okay, Mr. OKC, you obviously have never been to Louisville."

On 11/09/2016 at 2:57 PM, Niiklaz said:

I´ve been thinking about starting a fictional league, either hockey or soccer, and simulate through seasons and all that. I face two problems;
1) Don´t feel like creating teams from citites/states that already has an NHL team. Feels like that´s already been done and doesn´t need to be done once more. Also, creating a league in, let´s say Germany, doesn´t sound like fun either.

2) A North american soccer League would be fun since I don´t follow the MLS, which would´t make me feel like i´m recreating the league.  Problem here is that soccer teams change their jerseys and jersey sponsors every year and having to change all the jerseys every year would simply take too much time. I want to keep it fairly realistic, that´s why stuff like this bothers me lol.

Any tips/thoughts on how to go about this?

I'm actually working on something similar to what already exists here in the forum for both Hockey (PHL) and Football (AFA) and the way I'm thinking about it is that Soccer would start to become popular on the US during the 20's (similar to in South America), and on the 30's teams from some state leagues in the northeast would create an league that would start evolving on the east coast, eventually expand to the west coast and Canada, but keep the USA style of franchises, proper drafts and not that many uniform changes (but I think having a bunch of alternates and throwbacks like the NBA has could work to mix things up coming to the late 00's).

Are you interested on helping with this type of stuff in any way? The project is actually a bit developed in my mind and I am getting stuff done in terms of simulation, storyline and indexing players and places already.

For your hockey alternative, I actually do think it would be cool for you to look on some european countries. How about one USSR hockey league but the USSR never dissolves?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Maybe someone can help me with this roadblock I am having with a logo. The team is based in New York City and I am stuck at a name and need a some suggestions. Currently I am using Empire as a place holder but to be honest I am not 100 percent behind that name. So does anyone have some ideas?? I want to get away from real life major league team names in the city. Also here is what the logo is looking like at the moment. I have two versions here, one with Rangers colors and the other with the Isles colors. What one is more visually appealing to you?

53d440d6538a245f8aa528307ea6ceeb.png

Also what is the better NY logo in your opinion?

009e4bfb1d997cadf2c5498913b7d4c1.png

3 minutes ago, NoE38 said:

The blue and orange works better for me, but I Think the logo is a little too similar to the Ranger's. I would also say option 2 for the interlocking NY to distance it from the Yankees.

Yeah I agree on the too close to the Rangers but that what I was aiming for. I am still trying to experiment with different looks and all. I am also trying to distance myself from circles, squares and diamonds as that is the bulk of what I can do and I want to push myself to learn different shapes.  

• 7 months later...
On 6/13/2015 at 1:54 PM, FinsUp1214 said:

I've tried to draft out an independent baseball league based in Utah (inspired by Mockba's awesome League du Nord soccer series, the league he made for Minnesota), the issue I'm running into though is that nearly all of the larger populated cities are in the north, but there are two cities worthy of having a team in the south (St. George and Cedar City). So that's left me trying to figure out which small towns I can award a team to in order to balance the league map out. It's proving to be more difficult than I thought.

Another idea I had was kind of an alternate history based off of Welsh/British Baseball, basically what if the rules and style of play of that version were brought to America early on instead of what we know to be baseball today.

I know this is a 2-year-old thought, but I've had a similar idea...though this league of mine is largely based in southern Utah is a semi-pro-ish league, not unlike the Cache Valley-based Northern Utah League (the same league as where the Smithfield Blue Sox--apparently the longest continually operating baseball team in the state--play) I see the league founded in the late 1980s and playing out not unlike the Professional Hockey League (a fictional league with its history), with its own history involving cross-town and  rivalries. I've had a few ideas for team names:

- Cedar City Spadefoots: Named after the spadefoot toad, common in the Great Basin drainage where Cedar City lies. Possible Colors: Something like Dark Green, Jade Green

- Kane County Marshals: Formerly the Kanab Marshals, this team merged with the Orderville-based Long Valley Settlers and changed their name to reflect being the sole team in Kane County. Have a Houston Astros-like emphasis on the star and rainbow-style guts, hailing from inter-city little league teams going by the "Tri-City Stars" moniker. Possible Colors: Red, Orange, White, and Black.

- Panguitch Browns: Browns, as in brown trout, found in Panguitch Lake and various high-mountain lakes in Garfield County. Possible Colors: Brown, Light Blue, Orange.

- St. George Roadrunners: Sure, why not just lift the GBL name and identity but tweak the colors? It works and is a great identity and seems to have started St. George's use of earthen hues like burnt orange in the city's marketing. Little league teams still occasionally use the moniker and the name could originate from St. George being one of the outlier in an older northern Utah-based league (hours on the road to the nearest team in Utah County) that broke off and was one of the founding members of the Canyon Country Baseball League (that could be a preliminary league name?) Possible Colors: Burnt Orange, Black, Yellow.

- St. George Coyotes: The Roadrunners' cross-town rivals who was founded after a falling out within Roadrunners' management. Possible Colors: Navy, Maroon, Gold.

- Beaver Broadcasters: Named after Philo Farnsworth, one of the fathers of television who was born in Beaver. I can think of their primary logo being like those old broadcasting globe logos with a baseball replacing the globe and the name matching the script often associated with these kinds of logos. Possible Colors: Royal Blue, White.

- Festival City Emperors: Formerly the Cedar City Chiefs before management decided that they would re-brand themselves in order to avoid the Native American controversy to embrace Cedar City as "Festival City, Utah." Colors: Maroon, Lavender, Forest Green (possibly the most out-there identity in this set).

• Like 1

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

I'd love to see an NHL/AHL series where teams have to be linked by common themes. (Los Angeles Kings-Ontario Reign/San Jose Sharks-San Jose Barracuda/Phoenix Coyotes-Tuscon Roadrunners/Anaheim Ducks-San Diego Gulls)

New Jersey Devils, Binghamton Demons
Edmonton Oilers, Bakersfield Roughnecks

Another idea I had was to put together an attendance super league with the attendance leaders from every league in North America ranked, and then make a league of it.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17