Sounds cool? B)

I like it. Add Grenoble, Albertsville and Innsbruck for good measure

6pycts.jpg

vnmau8.jpg

JiOzZiL.png

hCnSO2I.png  

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry to dig this back up...

Trying to think of a way to combine American football with Gaelic football, handball, and a little bit of Arena football into a fictional game.

The backstory I want to create is one where whatever this fictional game ends up being called supplants American football early in the twentieth century.

From American, I want to bring in helmets, uniforms, the forward pass, the touchdown and the field goal.

From Gaelic I want to bring in that cool looking goal/net apparatus, the longer field and the different scoring methods.

From Arena I want to bring in those rebound nets with the scoring area in the middle.

From Handball and Gaelic, I want to bring in the rounder ball and the faster, continuous action without all the starts and stops of American football.

Just a rough idea, though I will incorporate any suggestions you guys might have.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, NoE38 said:

Maybe something like Aussie Rules Football? It has unique rules.

Cool.

Kinda like a revival of this, right?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Austus

What I want to do is a game that combines maybe those two with probably one other minus all the play stoppages for huddles to make for a faster pace of play.

As for equipment, I would like helmets that could be something like these...

RDX_KW_Headguard_web3_grande.jpg?v=14414Hide-Leather-kick-Boxing-MMA-Protector-H8865-black-proforce-head-with-guard.jpg?

Unless of course, it is preferable to stick to the classics...

Marrone5.jpg

Besides headgear, maybe the Aussie jumpers with a shoulder pad vest that can be worn on top?

As for scoring, I want to be able to amalgamate the Gaelic, Arena and Aussie rules goalposts. How many points could each spot be worth?...

AFL_Goalpost_and_Rebound_Nets_2015.JPG

995bd6d1c67653461c83b7ac24f70407--lawn-g

100_6424.jpg

Still not sure if I want a rectangular or oval field.

As for a storyline, maybe regular American ball falls by the wayside in favor of whatever becomes of this brainstorming session.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, neo_prankster said:

As for scoring, I want to be able to amalgamate the Gaelic, Arena and Aussie rules goalposts. How many points could each spot be worth?...

Maybe something like this?

It's from international rules, a combination of gaelic and aussie rules football played between Ireland and Australia every two years.

Here's more if you want to check it out.

@noe38concepts (Instagram - Twitter)

spacer.png

58 minutes ago, NoE38 said:

Maybe something like this?

It's from international rules, a combination of gaelic and aussie rules football played between Ireland and Australia every two years.

Here's more if you want to check it out.

That's it! Thanks.

International_Rules_Football_scores.png

And I'm guessing the rebound nets can be put in the "wide" areas. Maybe in a condensed/indoor version of the game?

24 minutes ago, neo_prankster said:

Next we'll need...

- Playing field.

- Number of players on the field for each team

- Roster size

- Advancing the ball.

- Time of play: (quarters or halves?)

Field: I'd keep it simple and square, with less lines than a football field.

Players: For outdoor, 10-16 players would work. Indoors, 6-10.

Roster Size: I'd say around 25-30 players.

Time of Play: maybe 35 minute halves?

I'll think about advancing the ball.

• Like 1

@noe38concepts (Instagram - Twitter)

spacer.png

Guest darkpiranha

How about two midfield boards/targets, placed up high, like 10 or 15 feet up, that players can attempt to bounce the ball off of as they advance into the opponent's zone?  Think of it like the size of a basketball backboard, minus the net, but about ten to fifteen feet high.  You can advance it just by running, but if you successfully bounce it off the midfield sideboard, you get a point.   So you could do it as simply as a sort of basketball layup bounce pass to yourself, or you can really launch one from far away and bounce it to a teammate.  

(I know this is a bit goofy, but if I fully believe that if one is going to create or frankenstein together a new sport, they should have a nice variety of new things in it you haven't seen in a dozen other sports a million times.)  

2 hours ago, darkpiranha said:

How about two midfield boards/targets, placed up high, like 10 or 15 feet up, that players can attempt to bounce the ball off of as they advance into the opponent's zone?  Think of it like the size of a basketball backboard, minus the net, but about ten to fifteen feet high.  You can advance it just by running, but if you successfully bounce it off the midfield sideboard, you get a point.   So you could do it as simply as a sort of basketball layup bounce pass to yourself, or you can really launch one from far away and bounce it to a teammate.  

(I know this is a bit goofy, but if I fully believe that if one is going to create or frankenstein together a new sport, they should have a nice variety of new things in it you haven't seen in a dozen other sports a million times.)  

Maybe that could work in the indoor version of the game. But would these targets be hoisted from the rafters, or could they be attatched somehow to the plexiglass the arena would keep up for box lacrosse and indoor soccer? Or something similar to the Arena football screens?

If you're thinking of outdoor, maybe they could be like backstops in baseball?

Here are some fields for comparison to try to get the right mix, and also designate places where team logos can go...

American...

fb-890.png

Gaelic...

Gaelic_football_pitch_diagram.svg

Aussie Rules...

field.gifafl-ground.png?sfvrsn=4

Rugby Union

Rugby_union_pitch.svg

Rugby League

Field.gif

Guest darkpiranha

I'm thinking Plexiglas would be perfect, as it would keep the ball in play even if there's a miss.  Plus, now you can have the target area wired up so that if any part of the ball hits any part of the target, it can light up and make a noise, causing the crowd to erupt.  

Possible terms for positions once we agree on how many to a side for indoor and outdoor....

Center

Ruckman

Midfielder

Wing

Quarter/Half/Full/Nickel/Dime Back

Forward

Defenseman/Defenceman

Guard

Tackle

Split/Tight/Loose End

Flanker

Striker