Arizona Coyotes concepts

B-mer

With the rebrand just weeks away, i wanted to throw out a couple ideas i had as well. Here's the first one:

yotes2_zpswxtyylqn.png

I did my best with drawing the design on the collar, but was having a lot of trouble with it so that's why you don't see it on the back of the collar. The other thing i wanted to do, but couldn't, was outlines on the numbers. I wanted to have black and sand around the away numbers, black around the ones on the arms, and then just single outlines around the ones on the home.

I honestly think it's a fantastic idea, and I wouldn't be surprised by some minimalism like that.

I think you need to stretch it just a little further though. Move the sleeve stripes down further, put the numbers above them. MAYBE make the stripes a tiny bit bigger.

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

You're definitely on to something here. Couple of things need to be changed though, like hockey week said I'd move the sleeve stripes down a bit. Also, I'd try adding shoulder logos, the ''paw roundel'' logo they used to use was pretty good.

The bottom stripes don't do it for me, especially since on the black jersey, the red stripe will disappear in the pants making it pretty much useless.

That said, I really like the sleeve stripe idea, very clever ! Good job too on the collar, it's a must for their rebrand !

In regards to the position of the arm stripes, no one really uses that placement anymore, which is why I did it. And with that placement I didn't want things to get to crowded with a shoulder logo too.

I did have a draft with the hem stripes like you've said, so I'll try it again.

I like where these are going. Here's my opinion:

1) Make the hem stripes match the sock stripes

2) Put the moon logo on the shoulders

3) Put the paw logo on the pants instead

Maybe

4) Put some stripes on the pants (They feel too plain to me, but then pant stripe might make the whole set too busy)

5) Add some outlines to the name/numbers

I like the collar and the Arizona flag in the sleeve stripes is great. That really makes them actually feel like "Arizona" instead of "Phoenix".

17013982017.gifu2jelkdnhfxbda2vmnsggv6hf.gif444.gifyo3wysbjtagzmwj37tb11u0fh.gif

here's an update with some of the suggestions.

yotes3_zpsldrimqx8.png

I initially didn't want to use the paw print logo because, while it's a good logo, instantly makes me think of college teams with dog mascots, so it feels a little lower level league to me. But, it does look good. I was thinking of using a recolored version of the moon/wordmark logo too. I just like the moon logo on the pants. Always have.

One thing i did want to stay away from was using too many logos. The Coyotes have 5 on one uniform sometimes! That's why the Arizona state patch is gone, and the sublimated sun beams on the sleeves kind of take its place.

I don't like the paw logo either. Maybe put the AZ logo on the pants and the moon logo on the shoulder. Also, make a red home and make the black one an alternate. Great job, though.

Favorites: Dallas Cowboys, New York Yankees, New York Rangers, New York Knicks, Cam Newton ND Irish

Least Favorites: New York Giants, New York Mets, Washington Capitals, Pittsburgh Penguins, Philadelphia Eagles, OBJ

Thanks guys. Appreciate the feedback from some of the best designers on here. I have a couple more I'll post soon. I've seen some inside info (mysterious clues at best) on what these jerseys are going to be like, so I'm taking a shot.

I might be looking into alternates as the Glendale (AZ) City Council is looking at breaking the lease for Gila River Arena with ICE Arizona (the ownership group of the Coyotes) tomorrow (Wedensday June 10th). If this does happen, the fate of the Coyotes might just be sealed. Here is a thought, could the NHL have enough time to move the team from Glendale to Seattle or Quebec City in time for the 2015/16 season? Or would this be a "Lost" season. If the lease is "Broken" the Coyotes might not even be able to get into the arena to move their game equipment stored there.

"Post Hoc, Ergo Propter Hoc!:  "After this, therefore, because of this."

f3dca0b9-3d53-4cd3-b468-7ac58806b3dc.png

Breaking News! The Glendale (AZ) City Council voted 5-2 to break the lease for the Arizona Coyotes and IceArizona (Managing Partners), IceArizona and the NHL plan to sue the City of Glendale for the breach on contract. Now Glendale can kiss good bye any further "events" after the 2016 NCCA Footbal National Playoff game. I am sure major players like the NFL, NCAA, and other large sports groups will stay away in droves as Glendale will look like "Deal Breakers" to everyone.

Now back to our regularly scheduled comcepts. Already joined in progress!

"Post Hoc, Ergo Propter Hoc!:  "After this, therefore, because of this."

f3dca0b9-3d53-4cd3-b468-7ac58806b3dc.png

Archived