Logos on Baseball Fields

altosax29b

How many of you have the same fascination that I have with logos behind the plate or along the baselines? Maybe it's because rinks, courts, and football fields tend to get more attention for their designs, I am especially interested when baseball teams do anything along those lines, even with grass patterns. Maybe it's also the sacredness of the diamond that makes it more intriguing when you see logos or designs on a baseball field. For some reason I like how the Angels logo looks behind home plate...

0GWZ6Bh.jpg

...although perhaps some of you prefer what has been the norm at Yankee Stadium or Dodger Stadium, with their white cap logos behind the plate. Do you prefer an unspoiled baseball field or are there any designs over the years, at any level, that you have a liking for? How about the rising popularity of mound logos?

Tf9TG.jpg

The White Sox started doing the cap logo behind homeplate this year. I'm not a fan of field logos in baseball in general. I mean, it make sense to paint an endzone since it's like a prize to get there. But to me there's no organic place to put a logo on a baseball field. Even behind homeplate seems kinda forced to me.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

It'd be cool to see someone to one like this.

met10951.jpg

I forgot about that. I always liked that little touch at The Met.

The arrows on the paths always made me think, "Hey, batter, home plate is over here!"

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

I prefer ground art:

alds-rays-red-sox-baseball.jpg

I hate this. Nothing was worse that Boston's quilt pattern in the outfield and logo on the infield circle 2007. I didn't expect such a bush league look from a franchise that is so rich in tradition.

Archived