what i think clippers new logo should've been like

QThaGAWD

Hey guys :welcome: as you all know the clippers are going with a new logo and overall redesign of the team.

i decided to take what they had and just add one thing to it, and that one thing was a tie in to the teams name of Clippers.

i like roundel logos and i hope the entire NBA goes to or in some cases back to them that for all teams.

the clippers new logo was missing the identity of the team so i i darkened the blue and lightened the red, removed the "LAC" and added an anchor to the center of the basketball logo and for a secondary logo i turned the ball on its and add a clipper and "LA" logo to the center and i really want to know what everyone thinks so without further ado...

LA%20ClIPS_zpsmbakg5nv.png

C&C always welcomed.

1st post was my favorite designs. I agree that the ship was too realistic. The latest one seems ok but not as good as where you were at first.

Ignore adding yellow..maybe experiment with San Diego Clippers colors of light blue to with orange to go along with that dark blue. Just my opinion. Elaborate

shado_logo.gif

Hey guys :welcome: as you all know the clippers are going with a new logo and overall redesign of the team.

i decided to take what they had and just add one thing to it, and that one thing was a tie in to the teams name of Clippers.

i like roundel logos and i hope the entire NBA goes to or in some cases back to them that for all teams.

the clippers new logo was missing the identity of the team so i i darkened the blue and lightened the red, removed the "LAC" and added an anchor to the center of the basketball logo and for a secondary logo i turned the ball on its and add a clipper and "LA" logo to the center and i really want to know what everyone thinks so without further ado...

LA%20ClIPS_zpsmbakg5nv.png

C&C always welcomed.

1st post was my favorite designs. I agree that the ship was too realistic. The latest one seems ok but not as good as where you were at first.

Ignore adding yellow..maybe experiment with San Diego Clippers colors of light blue to with orange to go along with that dark blue. Just my opinion. Elaborate

im gonna move the 'clippers' to back above the logo and lose the underline keep the same font but i havent come up with a ship with a good design or detail without it looking too over done.

thank you for looking and for your C&C

banner_zps4po4z5y5.png

Hey again, ive come up with the final designs of the logos i didnt change much but i want you guys to be the judge of them.

i moved the "clippers" back to above the original logo and removed the underline.

i added 2 secondary logos one says "LAC" and the other just reads "LA" across the middle

i used that same LA as a word mark

i used the underlined "Los Angeles Clippers" as the main word mark and the "LA" is the secodary

so without further ado heres what i have

MAIN LOGO:

clip%20main_zpsje1beaik.png

SECONDARY LOGOS:

clip%20secondary%201_zpszxpmtooy.png

clip%20secondary%202_zps6qgkhwqs.png

WORD MARKS:

clip%20LA%20word%20marks_zpsjicqtuex.png

clip%20LOS%20CLIPPERS%20word%20marks_zps

Thank you for looking and feedback is always appreciated. :)

banner_zps4po4z5y5.png

I would stop using "ship silhouettes" and "anchor logo" off of Google images and try making your own. It'll be worth it!

Pretty much this. Though every concept you've come up with is still better than the logo they're using.

I do all my graphic work with a touchpad on a laptop, I don't have a mouse. I do this by choice, it feels more organic, and as my training is as an artist, not a designer, it works for me.

But I think I do okay with that. And the reason is years of practice. Take your time to learn your program, not as a means to figuring out how to make a particular logo, but as an end in itself. Then you'll unlock the ability to create a lot more than just one logo.

I would stop using "ship silhouettes" and "anchor logo" off of Google images and try making your own. It'll be worth it!

Pretty much this. Though every concept you've come up with is still better than the logo they're using.

The clip art is very easy to spot and will always bring down the level of your concept no matter how good the idea is. I suggest staying with red, white, and navy. The yellow is not working. Also I am getting a 1970s vibe from the logo which doesn't match the modern font.

Practice drawing out anchors in the program you're using and I think you should drop the orange and yellow.

I guess you guys totally missed the part(s) where he implied he was basically using the clipart as a placeholder until he had time to come up with his own actual anchor logo. He is basically using the clipart as a "placeholder" for where he is going to place his own logo and was looking for feedback on the general layout/look of the logo before generating his own anchor logo.

I skimmed this thread for like 15 seconds and even I was able to understand that this is what he was implying.

I do all my graphic work with a touchpad on a laptop, I don't have a mouse. I do this by choice, it feels more organic, and as my training is as an artist, not a designer, it works for me.

But I think I do okay with that. And the reason is years of practice. Take your time to learn your program, not as a means to figuring out how to make a particular logo, but as an end in itself. Then you'll unlock the ability to create a lot more than just one logo.

The clip art is very easy to spot and will always bring down the level of your concept no matter how good the idea is. I suggest staying with red, white, and navy. The yellow is not working. Also I am getting a 1970s vibe from the logo which doesn't match the modern font.

Practice drawing out anchors in the program you're using and I think you should drop the orange and yellow.

I guess you guys totally missed the part(s) where he implied he was basically using the clipart as a placeholder until he had time to come up with his own actual anchor logo. He is basically using the clipart as a "placeholder" for where he is going to place his own logo and was looking for feedback on the general layout/look of the logo before generating his own anchor logo.

I skimmed this thread for like 15 seconds and even I was able to understand that this is what he was implying.

thanks for that i hope you like my ideas :)

banner_zps4po4z5y5.png

I do like the typeface you chose for them, but you should kern the letters.

should they be further or closer together?

It depends on the pairing. The P's and E's look like they have too much space.

rATMcmK.png

I do like the typeface you chose for them, but you should kern the letters.

should they be further or closer together?

It depends on the pairing. The P's and E's look like they have too much space.

ill pull them in a bit and ill post it later tonight, thanks.

banner_zps4po4z5y5.png

Just looked at this for the first time, and it's definitely improving. I like the anchor you made, and it fits well. Aside from everything that has already been said, one thing that I was thinking is that the "LAC" in the first secondary should be larger. Right now they are rather small inside the circle. But great job so far! It's always nice to see people improve with each update :)

Just looked at this for the first time, and it's definitely improving. I like the anchor you made, and it fits well. Aside from everything that has already been said, one thing that I was thinking is that the "LAC" in the first secondary should be larger. Right now they are rather small inside the circle. But great job so far! It's always nice to see people improve with each update :)

thank you, i appreciate the kind words ive worked really hard on this and im glad thats being noticed ill post an updated version with the larger "LAC" in just a little while and maybe one or 2 new ones along with it to complete the identity.

thanks for looking :)

banner_zps4po4z5y5.png

UPDATE: New "LAC" basketball logo with bigger letters, and a "LAC" word mark that is just like the one they used this past year with a red 'LA" over a bigger "C" just with the new font that im using.

i hope you like them and thanks for looking :)

clip%20secondary%201_zpswxoddhwb.png LAC2_zpsvfgc7ejx.png

banner_zps4po4z5y5.png

I would like to thank everyone who has viewed this post, i appreciate everyone being interested in my work and thank you for sharing your opinions and offering up great suggestions. I'm still new to this in terms of creating logos and good concepts as this is only my second attempt at it.

With that said this will be my last post on this logo set I've edited together for the Los Angeles Clippers, it was a lot of fun and i hope you guys enjoyed it as much as i did. so without further ado here's the final logo set i made with everything all together i hope you like.

clips%20full%20set_zpsrkpn2hrr.png

Again a big thanks to everyone for your C&C and i hope to see you on the next one :peace::D

banner_zps4po4z5y5.png

Archived