Cascadian Football (Final team and wrap-up)

nas1787

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ha that's an interesting idea that I hadn't even thought of. Might Ty that out (though I can see it ending horribly).

Victoria yes

Abbotsford no

I'm not sure where the third is. Washington?

It may not look good but it could be very interesting.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yakima,_Washington

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kennewick,_Washington

Both areas make up to over 150,000 people and Columbia River is the major tributary of the area.

TEAMSsmall.png

RICHMOND TIGERS

Cascadian Football League - 2018 Season

In 2018 Victoria joined the league, creating a strong rivalry with Vancouver, and the addition of Spokane created the first Interior Rivalry.

Victoria Tyees

Tyees was a name used for a former football club based in Victoria. I liked the uniqueness of the name and decided to resurrect it here. Given the history of the name I went for a really traditional look, but still tried to keep it modern.

3SHq558.jpg

qJQwlbm.jpg

Spokane Suns

Spokane is named after the First Nations people of the area, and the word means "children of the sun" in their native language (or so says Wikipedia at least). So for this concept I went with the name Suns and tried to tastefully use some Native imagery in the logos and uniforms. I ended going a little overboard with the pattern, but I still think it looks sharp.

0j4vgSA.jpg

ajmYSeh.jpg

Suns logo is so universal, it looks like a mohawk, a sun rising or setting, a headress and also to me stairs to the top as the inside colours seem to come from outside to form a platform.

Very nice indeed.

TEAMSsmall.png

RICHMOND TIGERS

Thanks guys, glad you're enjoying them.

Mike, I agree about the Suns logos, they end up appearing as a bit of an after-thought (which they kind of are). You'll notice the only the full logo is utilized on the uniforms itself.

Cascadian Football League - 2019 Season

Having reached 8 teams in 2018, expansion slowed down in 2019, with just one new franchise. This would bring the total to 9, three each from the former areas of Washington, Oregon and BC. With the ninth team, the CFA decided to suspend expansion for awhile, instead focusing on improving the product on the field and ensuring sustainability.

Eugene Cascades

Despite the name, I decided on a non-nature colour scheme for the Cascades (there already a lot of blue and green in the league). Instead I went with purple and beige, and used a sublimated triangle pattern on the jerseys and helmet to reference the Cascade mountains. I was going for a look similar to this year's Vancouver Whitecaps home shirts. The logo is a large E rotated slightly to also make mountain peaks.

LwtVEa4.jpg

fxPLand.jpg

Portland Breakers - Third Jersey

As promised, the Breakers also introduced a third uniform in 2019, a throwback to their old USFL days and the logos and colours they used then. I based the look very closely on their uniform from 1985, with just a few differences (I tried to bring some consistency to the striping on the jerseys, pants and socks).

JwzsKgN.jpg

I think an interesting route you could've taken was purple with a gold yolk and gold with a purple yolk. All in all, excellent and clean work though.

Interesting idea, though I feel as if they would end up looking very similar, kind of defeating the purpose of two different uniforms. Are you suggesting changing the beige to a more gold colour too? I think I tried to avoid that as I have a few other teams with gold in their look.

I think an interesting route you could've taken was purple with a gold yolk and gold with a purple yolk. All in all, excellent and clean work though.

Interesting idea, though I feel as if they would end up looking very similar, kind of defeating the purpose of two different uniforms. Are you suggesting changing the beige to a more gold colour too? I think I tried to avoid that as I have a few other teams with gold in their look.

I see now that it's more beige than gold, but I was implying doing something like the Blue Bombers do with forgoing a white jersey and replace it with a gold jersey, or in this case, a beige jersey.

When I first saw this, I was skeptical that a Cascadian Football League would be an interesting concept series. Your creativity has proved me wrong! Moving away from a USFL identity for the Portland Breakers was smart, but I agree with raysox. I think you should experiment more. The logo looks a little too XFL-ish. My favorite concept has to be Spokane. You simultaneously incorporated more warm colors into a league with lots of greens and blues AND mastered appropriate native imagery. It's a beautiful and respectful concept with a simple nickname. I like Eugene in purple too with the sideways E. It would have been too easy to do an Oregon Ducks-themed concept (although the University of Oregon could probably beat every team except the Seahawks). Great work!

Eugne logo looks like Enron logo

Similar idea, yup.

When I first saw this, I was skeptical that a Cascadian Football League would be an interesting concept series. Your creativity has proved me wrong! Moving away from a USFL identity for the Portland Breakers was smart, but I agree with raysox. I think you should experiment more. The logo looks a little too XFL-ish. My favorite concept has to be Spokane. You simultaneously incorporated more warm colors into a league with lots of greens and blues AND mastered appropriate native imagery. It's a beautiful and respectful concept with a simple nickname. I like Eugene in purple too with the sideways E. It would have been too easy to do an Oregon Ducks-themed concept (although the University of Oregon could probably beat every team except the Seahawks). Great work!

Thanks, glad you're enjoying it.

Archived