Centennial Baseball League Pre-Thread Thread

SSmith48

Hey guys-

Yes, I know I switch series A LOT, but I just rush into them, without any pre-planning. So, I need your help with getting started with the next league. Now I know this is not a true concpet thread, but I would appreciate some name help. The league has some teams that have names I can't decide on, so you, the community of CCSLC can help me with deciding. Now, note that I WILL NOT be accepting any city requests ( EX: I want a team in Philly, LA, Dallas, etc.) I already have CITIES SET. But If you want to help with names, you are more than welcome. Here are the names I need help with:

Providence Hurricanes or AquaFires.

Charleston (SC) ShoreCats or Palmettos

Vancouver Flying Fish or Mounties

Fort Worth Wardens, Enforcers, Sheriffs, or Law

New Mexico Atomics, Stars or Suns

Las Vegas Tycoons or Invaders

Iowa Oaks or Harvesters

All other team names are set, but for these, I would appreciate your favorite, or, if you don't like these, you can suggest another one for these cities. Thank you for all your help and support, and I hope this series does launch by the end of the summer.

EDIT: I also wanted to let you guys know that I would really appreciate if you would choose from these names when you post your response. I would help A TON if I don't like the other names requested. I will add names that I do like to the list. This list will be updated until after I get back from vacation, which ends next Wednesday (the 17th) which is when final decisions will be made. Thank you.

spacer.png

Visit my website at SSmith Designs (google.com)

Providence Hurricanes

- Not familiar enough with the Northeast to know how frequent hurricanes are up there, but it sounds the most realistic

Charleston Palmettos

- South Carolinian history all over that one

Vancouver Mounties

- Sounds most realistic and appropriate for Canada

Fort Worth Enforcers

- That should be pretty interesting to see

New Mexico Suns

- An identity using the zia (the symbol on their beautiful state flag) would be awesome

Las Vegas Tycoons

- Invaders just sounds a bit too silly :P

Iowa Oaks

- Sounds easiest to the tongue

Can't wait!

When the Oakland Oaks of the Pacific Coast League folded they moved to Vancouver and became the Mounties. So I like it. As an aside - I think in real life the Royal Canadian Mounted Police have some sort of lock on the name Mounties. I do know that Canada Rugby League chose the name Mounties to represent the national rugby league team, but abandoned the name in favour of Wolverines. No reason was given for the change, but whispers were that the name wouldn't be acceptable if the group hoped to attain any funds from the government.

For the Oaks nickname, I did want to be like that for a possible history. I did know that it had existed in previous years. As for Vancouver, I'll see what I can do to add another name for them. I did not know that the RCMP had control over that. But, it will still be a possibility.

spacer.png

Visit my website at SSmith Designs (google.com)

When the Oakland Oaks of the Pacific Coast League folded they moved to Vancouver and became the Mounties. So I like it. As an aside - I think in real life the Royal Canadian Mounted Police have some sort of lock on the name Mounties. I do know that Canada Rugby League chose the name Mounties to represent the national rugby league team, but abandoned the name in favour of Wolverines. No reason was given for the change, but whispers were that the name wouldn't be acceptable if the group hoped to attain any funds from the government.

The Vancouver Grizzlies were going to be the Vancouver Mounties until the RCMP said no.

rATMcmK.png

Archived