Texas Rangers Rebrand

mth_05

Love the Rangers but hate so much about their current look so I tried to create something that felt in line with some of the history and not a complete ground up redo. Very much inspired by some of the modern retro threads that have gone on around here. Anyways I'm a long time lurker for the most part, so C&C is welcome on my first thread post.

First things first, here's the New Logo:

3nYniUq.jpg

Home Unis:

7M3rDaK.png

Road Unis:

7qrAjMA.png

Here are my problems with this:

The roundel is plain, it needs text in it.

I would rather see this Rangers wordmark used as primary and the other one as a throwback alternate.

Single-colored red numbers don't really look very good on the white set

But overall, you have a pretty good concept!

It's not a very unified set. The home jerseys script is a different color from the number, and the Nob and back numbers are red. However on the away, the NOB and back number are different colors. Also the away back number is outlined while the home jersey isn't. I suggest making the NOB blue on the home jersey and making the back number on the away jersey a single color. Also, kind of looks like the cubs.

Nice start though

Edit: also have the pant striping go all the way to the top.

LOVE what you've done here! I've always loved the late 80's/early 90's version of the Rangers script! THE RANGERS JERSEYS SHOULD ACTUALLY SAY "RANGERS" ON THEM!!! I love the sheriff's badge logo too! Very reminiscent of the seldom seen late 90's one, which is way better looking, and way more creative than just a letter "T" with a generic baseball background to it! (I would agree with MCH925 that it needs the team name around it though.) I would love to see a red version of the home jerseys too, and maybe some red socks to go along with both red jerseys! I would also add some outline to the numbers on the home white jersey, but there's nothing wrong with the name and numbers being a different color than the front script. Great template too BTW.

2281.gif187.gifgdm7egmgv3tsspc6f1gym7cwz.gif

We Are Cardinal Nation. Bleed Blue. Indiana's Game, Indiana's Team

9857qg.jpg

As a Rangers fan, I'd have to say that this is a step back from their current set. If you're making a Texas Rangers badge (the police unit), I'm inclined to say the roundel for this set needs to be much, much thicker. The color variation in names, number, etc. has already been mentioned. And having the 'star and T' combination for the hat is way too similar to Houston's 'star and H' hats.

The star may have already been in the background of the 'Stros logo but there was no circle. Plus theirs was just a plain star, wheres the Rangers logo was meant to represent a sheriff's badge. Also with every Texas team using a star for their logos anyway, the whole idea hardly seems original.

2281.gif187.gifgdm7egmgv3tsspc6f1gym7cwz.gif

We Are Cardinal Nation. Bleed Blue. Indiana's Game, Indiana's Team

9857qg.jpg

It's not a very unified set. The home jerseys script is a different color from the number, and the Nob and back numbers are red. However on the away, the NOB and back number are different colors. Also the away back number is outlined while the home jersey isn't. I suggest making the NOB blue on the home jersey and making the back number on the away jersey a single color. Also, kind of looks like the cubs.

Nice start though

Edit: also have the pant striping go all the way to the top.

You can see that he was inspired by the Dallas Cowboys :upside:

But with all seriousness, for that logo: add some stars for championships. You also might want to separate it from the Astros more (especially that cap one). I don't really have any complaints about the uniforms except for that side stripe. Make that continuous (is that the right word?)

Archived