Hand-drawn baseball league (8/32)

kcoslett17

Just found this thread, welcome to the boards, I always love to see more hand-drawn concepts. Here are my thoughts on the teams you've posted so far:

Utica: I really don't like green and royal blue as a color scheme in general because I don't like the way they contrast, but I think you executed it fairly well. I think I like it if the two colors are separated by white as much as possible. I seem to be alone on this, but I don't hate the letters in the sock. I do think it's a little awkward the way they are cuved, it might look better if you straightened the sock a little and went with a diagonal script (like your profile pic).

Worcester: I really like this set, but the tornado logo is a little thinly lined, I would draw it a little bigger so you can thicken the lines.

Dover: I don't think the flag logo is necessary. I'd stick with just the primary and the "R flag." Other than that, this is a great set.

Atlantic City: Simple and classy. I love it.

Duluth: I think all of your script wordmarks would look better if they were slightly thicker. This is most noticeable in the Duluth "D" logo, it looks really thin. I think the wordmark is a little too busy, I don't think the light beams have to cover the full length of the text. Just cut them off at around the T and the N. Add a thin light blue border around the white to the brown alternate, and it might be my favorite jersey in the thread, but I like the brown and white too. Also, I do like the Orioles style hat, but I think you may be using it for a few too many teams.

Lafayette: I love the epaulet on the shoulders, but it's kinda hard to tell what it is on the G logo. The Blue alternate is a thing of beauty.

Oshkosh: The crossed axe and bat logo looks to much like an X, and it's a bit forced. I would go with a standalone axe with a red outline, or (imo the better option) just go with the circular blade as the primary, especially since it's already on the hats. The white alt says "loggers," is that an intentional throwback uni or a mistake? The striping is awesome, great idea.

Really enjoyed looking through all these, can't wait for more.

CottonBowl_zpsc664d73a.png

4vAzk2u.png

Star championship signature credit to packerfan21396

Thanks for the feedback, Spartan, I really appreciate it. I'm going to go back and do some revising in the next few days so I'm definitely going to take what you said into consideration. And, to answer the "Loggers" question, it was an intentional throwback. If I was getting more in-depth into creating backstories or fictional scenarios then I would've made it a past team in a different league or something, kind of like how the Angels and Mariners have done PCL throwbacks.

The next team in the series is the Kalamazoo Legends. There is a certain, recently retired shortstop who hails from Kalamazoo, and it honestly just made too much sense not to run with it.

Kalamazoo%20Legends%20logos_zpsf174zkk4.

Also, the jerseys should look somewhat familiar with some minor tweaks, especially the lone alternate jersey, which pays homage to the team name.

Kalamazoo%20Legends%20jerseys_zpsszxpqbu

Love the home jerseys for Kalamazoo. Is the legend you are talking about Jeter? I really like the script for the Legends too. Good Job.

Acts 16:31 - And they replied: "Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you will be saved, you and your household."

John 3:16 - "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him shall not perish, but have everlasting life."

John 14:6 - Jesus said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father, except through me."

Thanks for the comments guys. I used the text in the logo because the old Blue Sox logo did, and I also liked the look of it. I'll definitely keep that in mind when I go back and make adjustments later on.

I want to move on with the series, and next up is the Worcester Whirlwinds. This seems like an unlikely nickname for a town in Massachusetts, but the nickname has meaning. Marshall Taylor was an African-American cyclist who won the world championship in 1899, becoming the second ever African-American champion in any sport. The local papers nicknamed him the "Worcester Whirlwind," and that is where the inspiration for this team came from. This is one team I know for sure that I will revisit with an alternate jersey or two, maybe a nod to the inspiration behind the name. I decided to not go the bicycle route with this identity because I have it planned for another team later on. I chose the red and green color scheme because those are the colors of the Worcester city flag and seal, and it worked well with the identity of the team. So, let me introduce the Worcester Whirlwinds.

Whirlwinds%20logo%20sheet_zpsxpo521ow.pn

I went the simplistic route with the jerseys, only using little piping and details. Like I said before, I plan on revisiting this team down the line and introducing one or two more jerseys and hats. The first two sets are the home and away, followed by the home alternate (white with "w") and the home or away green jersey.

Whirlwinds%20home%20and%20away%20jersey_

Whirlwinds%20home%20alt.%20and%20green%2

are the helmets supposed to be white?

9tDPlnT.png

pSIx9so.png

2lx6s6o.jpg

Archived