MLB Teams That Have Never Had a Cursive Font on Jerseys

RZF

I can only think of the Diamondbacks, the Red Sox, the Cubs, and the Angels as the only teams to have never had cursive on their jerseys. I am counting BP jerseys as well (that's why the Reds aren't part of this list). Can you think of anyone else?

I don't think the Yankees have ever used cursive on their jerseys. If you're not counting throwbacks, the Rays. Also the Rockies.

The Yankees had a BP jersey (maybe they still do) that has a cursive "Yankees."

The Mariners and Blue Jays are two other teams that have never used a cursive font on their jerseys.

Is this considered cursive?

940-miller-justin.jpg

tby803ilrbabrnmux6rs1jakf.png

It's a form of cursive, so yeah.

I can only think of the Diamondbacks, the Red Sox, the Cubs, and the Angels as the only teams to have never had cursive on their jerseys. I am counting BP jerseys as well (that's why the Reds aren't part of this list). Can you think of anyone else?

Chicago+Cubs+1200.jpg

From Dressed to the Nines:

1931 & 1932

nl_1931_chicago.gifnl_1932_chicago.gif

1933 & 1934

nl_1933_chicago.gifnl_1934_chicago.gif

Looks like the Reds had these in 1936....so you don't even need to stretch it to BP jerseys:

nl_1936_cincinnati.gif

I don't think the Yankees have ever used cursive on their jerseys. If you're not counting throwbacks, the Rays. Also the Rockies.

They did? When?

They've never worn a curvise Yankee font on any jersey. They've only worn "New York" or NY on batting practice jerseys.

They did? When?

None that I recall. He must be thinking of the old satin dugout jackets with "Yankees" in cursive. I sure miss that.

They did? When?

None that I recall. He must be thinking of the old satin dugout jackets with "Yankees" in cursive. I sure miss that.

Yes. Those were great. I wish the Yankees, White Sox and Cubs at very least could still wear satin jackets. I loved the Sox' jacket back in the day. They were iconic, to me anyway, and the team wore them for close to a decade. I still see those on old men at games or around town. Those jackets seemed like they were part of the uniform rather than templated click-and-fill stuff that was designed for all teams because, well, they were.

il_340x270.741418705_q5ps.jpg

Also, I've warmed to your idea for them to use the late '80s script on dugout jackets, but only if they're satin.

Archived