NBA switching to Nike in 2017

gosioux76

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

nike_curry.png

Gotta send logoman back home and stitch the Swoosh on the opposite side.

Most Nike affiliated NCAA teams do the same, with their conference logo on the left, Swoosh on the right.

6uXNWAo.png

I'd be shocked to see the Nike swoosh on the player's left shoulder, as college and international jerseys both have it on the right. Personally, I think the right shoulder is the best possible location for it, especially since we are now used to seeing it there on other Nike jerseys.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

I'd rather see a miniscule 2-inch Swoosh than the alternate.....

draft_king_james.png

"The alternate"?

What on Earth makes you think it's an either/or? Or that adding the Nike swoosh now makes your vision even the tiniest bit less likely?

Not saying the NBA is 100% saying "no" to ridiculous soccer-style ads on their jerseys, but having Nike pay $2359275359 for a simple Swoosh definitely remedies the need to so do.

Jersey ads will definitely be on the table as the owners likely get to pocket that revenue for themselves as opposed to league shared revenue.

There's no way the players union would be OK with that.

Owners would not get to pocket that ad revenue for themselves under the current CBA and revenue-sharing system.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

It was the league that moved the logoman, Nike does not have a word in this matter.

Yes, Nike has a word in the matter. Moving and placing its own logo on the back is completely different than placing a corporate logo.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

If the Swoosh (or Jumpman) is going to be inevitable (or worse, guaranteed), where would you like to see it placed?

How about on the inside of the jersey.

I always appreciated that there was no manufacturer logo on the NBA jerseys. It's the last domino to fall for the gateway level of logo creep. So it is as disappointing as something this non-surprising can be.

I am always stunned to see people happy about such things. To me there is no such thing as tasteful sponsorship; just less-egregious sponsorship. This is, of course, less egregious than a corporate roundel but it's in no way a positive.

But as the post asks, since it is inevitable, then I would say shorts. OK, fine...left shoulder. I did not leave the photos in the quote, but the one on the center of the jersey is definitely most jarring.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

It was the league that moved the logoman, Nike does not have a word in this matter.

Yes, Nike has a word in the matter. Moving and placing its own logo on the back is completely different than placing a corporate logo.

This would have been subject to the negotiating process and written into the contract.

It was reported that when Nike too over the NFL contract, they wanted to move the manufacturer logo to the chest, as it appears in college, but the league refused. So it remains on the sleeves.

I'm happy of that change and in the same time I'm a little bit disappointing of UA attitude, I was hoping for a better fight between this two companies, but it's looks like UA losing by a TKO in first round.

Say goodbye to a sleeves, dedicated warm-ups this is what I looking for. Also Rev30 will probably replaced by a laser cut holes like in soccer or NCAA.

4r2eer.png

Why in the world is that a good thing? I mean, maybe if it was the choice between the manufacturer logo and, say, Xerox, but it's not. We'll get corporate sponsors *and* swooshes.

Because for people who play basketball, the swoosh has actual cultural value.

:rolleyes:

So does Converse. And Adidas. And pretty much every company which made basketball shoes.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Converse has it for my dad's generation and certainly not mine. Adidas has it for Europeans and maybe other parts of the world, along with their Superstars again having it for my dad's generation, but not for mine. Things could be changing now though, idk. Are kids growing up wanting to be Damian Lillard?

"The pictures looked good on the computer," Will Brown explained

XCUfRbB.jpg

I was thinking more along the lines of the '80s and Run DMC with the "cultural value" of Adidas.

It's not the '80s anymore. Nike, UA and even foreign companies like Peak have long since dethroned them. Adidas is seen as making low quality sneakers and some people even think they make you more injury-prone than the other brands.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Archived