NHL Anti-Thread: Bad Business Decision Aggregator

The_Admiral

My favorite was Brendan Shanahan not remembering the names of any of the players who told him they feared for their lives when CTE first came to light. If that's true, then he should probably also be a plaintiff in the CTE lawsuit.

• Like 3

Don Cherry yelled at Bettman on TV about Quebec City not getting its expansion team. Bettman got all twitchy and said "there are logistical problems." You see how screwed up this whole situation is? It made Don Cherry support Quebec!

• Like 5

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

• 2 weeks later...

OITGDNHL or 4chan: Mike Hoffman's girlfriend trolled Erik Karlsson's wife on the internet about her dead baby. Hoooooooooly crap this is just toys-in-the-attic crazy. Why? Why?

• Like 2

That being said, if the Hawks could trade for Mike Hoffman at a bargain-basement price, I'd love it, of course. He's not the one who's a crazy-ass bitch.

20 hours ago, the admiral said:

OITGDNHL or 4chan: Mike Hoffman's girlfriend trolled Erik Karlsson's wife on the internet about her dead baby. Hoooooooooly crap this is just toys-in-the-attic crazy. Why? Why?

Absolutely disgusting and bonkers. Like what in the hell.

And after Hoffman said they were "150 percent" not involved, a bunch of current/former Sens wives/girlfriends vouched for how nuts this girl is.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, his info blurb on the NHL's press release was laughable.

Somehow, they failed to include his biggest legacy of three (could well run into four) separate lockouts, including the cancellation of a full season. But hey! He moved the Jets from Winnipeg! to Phoenix Glendale Arizona! where they've failed thrived! and begrudgingly graciously gave Winnipeg another Jets!

• Like 5

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

I'm just gonna point out that the only reason Bettman got the job in 1993 was because President Gil Stein resigned in disgrace after nominating himself to the Hall of Fame. I'm not saying that's what happened here, but maybe wait until he's out of the job before considering him for the Hall?

• Like 4

54 minutes ago, mcj882000 said:

I'm just gonna point out that the only reason Bettman got the job in 1993 was because President Gil Stein resigned in disgrace after nominating himself to the Hall of Fame. I'm not saying that's what happened here, but maybe wait until he's out of the job before considering him for the Hall?

that would be a good rule to have.  

so long and thanks for all the fish.

Gary has been great for the sport. I mean, moving a team to Arizona was a freakin no brainer. But then to oversee the franchise to make sure they wouldn’t move anytime

soon? Good guy. Hartford? Please. North Carolina is a great hockey state. No one in Hartford even cares about hockey. Sunrise, Florida? Naturally! Oh, and don’t get me started on Vegas. Such a smart move. I can’t wait to see how much success they have in 5 years. Great fans in Nevada! Now of course there were a few bumps. Winnipeg should NEVER have a team. And how has Mexico not gotten a team? They ARE in the Sun Belt, so they need a team! Its just Manifest Destiny! #DesertHockey #Sunrise,FLHockey

#MoveSouth

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Cardsblues02 said:

Gary has been great for the sport. I mean, moving a team to Arizona was a freakin no brainer. But then to oversee the franchise to make sure they wouldn’t move anytime

soon? Good guy. Hartford? Please. North Carolina is a great hockey state. No one in Hartford even cares about hockey. Sunrise, Florida? Naturally! Oh, and don’t get me started on Vegas. Such a smart move. I can’t wait to see how much success they have in 5 years. Great fans in Nevada! Now of course there were a few bumps. Winnipeg should NEVER have a team. And how has Mexico not gotten a team? They ARE in the Sun Belt, so they need a team! Its just Manifest Destiny! #DesertHockey #Sunrise,FLHockey

#MoveSouth

You know what, I think you might not mean exactly what you wrote. 

spacer.png

• 2 weeks later...

Coyotes are back on their bullsh-t, trading for dead cap space, but this one's a real doozy:

They're paying $200,000 in real money for $5,275,000 in cap hit. EVERYTHING'S FINE

• Like 2

http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/walmart-sauce-hockey-paul-bissonnette-nhl-t-shirts-1.4742380

Some hockey t-shirts had some attached copy about the habits of puck bunnies. This surprised me because I'm not used to jokes about gangbanging teenage girls being so out in the open like this. But what really surprised me was this part:

The current owners of Sauce Hockey also expressed surprise and dismay over the descriptions.

"It's offensive and sexist. There's no question," said Daryl Jones, one of the company's investors.

He said he and a group of fellow investors took over the company three years ago, and they had no knowledge of the product descriptions.

YEAH IT'S THE ICE EDGE GUY THEY NEVER GO AWAY

• Like 1