NHL Anti-Thread: Bad Business Decision Aggregator

The_Admiral

Maybe, his secret investors are really Quebecor and all this keeping the Coyotes in Arizona is a short term option while the new arena there is built. Its a thought a rather stupid one at that. I'll be honest, since the league took over the team, I have felt that they should've been actively (not publicly) trying to move the team and finding someone in a viable area to buy the team.

https://twitter.com/...237638628167682

Bill Daly m'assure que la vente des #Coyotes n'est pas retardée par le possible lock-out. #Jamison semble encore avoir des problèmes...

Bill Daly assures me that the sale of the Coyotes is not slowed by a possible lockout. Jamison seems again to have problems...

Sounds like it means that Jamison's failure to close isn't that he's ready but simply waiting out the labor negotiations. Oh, if it's not one thing, it's another!

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Yeah, and nobody can ever seem to find the guy, either, to say nothing of his "partners" whose identities he will not disclose. I mean, with Hulsizer, he was going around running his mouth and sending faxes from time machines for a while before ultimately disappearing. And that was fun! Jamison just popped up once or twice a few months ago, said he would buy the team and save the arena by staging American Idol concerts, and then went into hiding.

Jamison's partners could be a sock puppet and a crack addicted hooker and Bettman would still try to pass it through.

Now that's insulting to the sock puppet and hooker!

Jamison's mystery partners DISCOVERED

SUCKERS

Jamison's partners could be a sock puppet and a crack addicted hooker and Bettman would still try to pass it through.

SUCKERS

I feel like I've waited 9 years for a Sifl & Olly reference to drop on these boards. This completes me. Nominatin'.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

He's gonna have until August 2013 to get the scratch together.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Hasn't there seemingly always been problems with Jamisons deal?

Yes, primarily that he doesn't actually have any money.

You would think that would be a deal-breaker when it comes to wanting to buy a pro sports team, but here we are.

Legacy

The Spano fiasco was highly embarrassing to the NHL, which was still reeling from revelations that former NHLPA head Alan Eagleson had lied to his clients and enriched himself by skimming off the union's pension fund.

The NHL was particularly shaken after it was revealed that it spent well under $1,000 evaluating Spano's credentials (estimates range from $525[3] to $750[2]); most leagues spend well over $30,000 to evaluate prospective team owners. When Spano bid for the Stars, the team was satisfied by a letter supposedly from Comerica attesting to his net worth. Prospective NHL owners are now vetted by Ernst and Young and a New York City law firm.

These safeguards were not enough, however, to prevent John Rigas from buying the Buffalo Sabres, only to have the league take over the franchise after his arrest for fraud. Seven years later, the Nashville Predators were sold to a group that included William Del Biaggio who was later revealed to have fraudulently obtained $110 million in loans from two NHL owners and eight banks in order to purchase a stake in the Predators, a crime for which he was sentenced to eight years in prison on September 8, 2009 and ordered to sell his share of the team.[9][10]

the beat goes on

SUCKERS

Gregy J. Gregy J. Making lots of suckers in Glendale everyday.

baltimoreravens.png

I guess the court ruled in favor of Glendale on the petitions against the sales tax increase, too. When you have this many instances of the government "unexpectedly" siding with the government, it's no wonder Arizonans get so ornery and paranoid about everything.

Word trickling out that this was overturned in the appellate court. This could be bad news for the Precious Roy Investment Group.

I guess the court ruled in favor of Glendale on the petitions against the sales tax increase, too. When you have this many instances of the government "unexpectedly" siding with the government, it's no wonder Arizonans get so ornery and paranoid about everything.

Word trickling out that this was overturned in the appellate court. This could be bad news for the Precious Roy Investment Group.

tumblr_ltlorwUSSl1qfqcmfo1_400.gif

Round and round it goes, where it stops nobody knows!

http://www.azcentral...uling-0824.html but you have to zoom your browser in a lot just to read it

The superiorcourt agreed with the Clerk that the description of the proposedmeasure contained in the petitions was misleading and, thus,denied SGN relief.

¶2

We disagree with the superior court and hold thesummary was not misleading.

See infra

¶¶ 6-11. We also holdSGN substantially complied with other statutory requirements,

see infra

¶¶ 12-13, and timely filed the petitions with theClerk.

See infra

¶¶ 14-19. We thus direct the Clerk to fileand process the petitions in accordance with applicablestatutes, reverse the superior court's denial of relief, andremand for further proceedings consistent with this order.

So basically "no, dumbass, you can't throw it out because they didn't write a serial number on it." Also seems to say that the city clerk can't be trusted as the arbiter of what is and isn't valid. Looks like this will go to a ballot.

bosrs, you're a law-talkin' guy, right? Can you laymanize any of that for us?

EDIT: ooh, this is good too

Here, two factors cause us to conclude SGNsubstantially complied with A.R.S. § 16-902.01(F). First, theserial number was recorded on one portion of SGN’s statement oforganization, as amended, although SGN did not include it in thename block on the statement.

"You get a zero for not writing your name on your worksheet."

"Yes I did."

"But not where it says Name __________________"

3rdgradedale.