NHL Anti-Thread: Bad Business Decision Aggregator

The_Admiral

Can the new council revoke the lease deal? Or must they honour the January 31st date set by those previously in office?

I'm not sure, but I THINK they have to honour the deadline. That being said they probably won't extend the deadline like the last council constantly did.

They could pull out but it might lead to a lengthy legal battle if they do. However if Jamison doesn't get his deal done in the next two weeks the new council is under no obligation to extend the deal and in fact were elected claiming they didn't want this deal and opposed it. So hopefully Jamison doesn't get this done by Jan 31.

If it gets all the way down to January 31st, and the new city council actually does tell him to put up or shut up, the league is going to "loan" him the money to buy the team. Continue the omnishambles!

That's if they tell him anything. If I'm not mistaken the deal simply lapses on Jan 31 unless extended by the new council. Who presumably wouldn't do so since they don't want this deal. So they don't have to say anything. If Jamison doesn't close by Jan 31 it's over.

I find it amusing that noted Arena Management and Sports Financial Genius™ Greg Jamison supposedly can't finance this without resorting to middle eastern oil tycoons and loans from the entity he's buying the team from.

I mean if this guy's the money making genius he's purported to be then finding investors shouldn't be an issue, right?

I find it amusing that noted Arena Management and Sports Financial Genius™ Greg Jamison supposedly can't finance this without resorting to middle eastern oil tycoons and loans from the entity he's buying the team from.

I mean if this guy's the money making genius he's purported to be then finding investors shouldn't be an issue, right?

Even the best salesman in the world can't sell smart people bags of dog :censored: while telling them it's gold.

So I guess investors that want to move the team north of the border should be able to soon? Or is there more red tape that needs to be cleared with before that?

First there have to be no bailouts or extensions (or successful investor finding, but who are we kidding?) before Jan 31. Then there needs to be no bailouts or extensions for a good while longer. Then Bettman and the owners have to allow TALK of relocation. Then the QC group will be put through an unreasonable amount of scrutiny, considering how little Glendale scrutiny there has been. If that's before whatever the relocation and rebranding deadlines are, then maybe it will happen. I would guess that we get one more year of hockey in the desert due to newly invented barriers to relocation.

So I guess investors that want to move the team north of the border should be able to soon? Or is there more red tape that needs to be cleared with before that?

Assuming Jamison doesn't get the deal done by the 31st, and assuming Bettman can't convince the new council and mayor to extend the deadline, then maybe.

Remember, at the end of the day the NHL owns the team, so it's entirely up to them who gets to make offers. The key players are the league's money makers. Bettman's been able to convince them to go along with all of this as long as they have because he's been able to use Glendale's money to write off any losses the league takes running this financial black hole of a team. If that money is no longer available due to the new council taking the deal off the table (assuming Jamison doesn't pony up the cash on the 31st) then the league's money makers may finally decide they've had enough of Bettman's vanity project.

This is the GDNHL though, so I expect at least one more scheme of questionable legality from Bettman to try and save this if Jamison can't get things settled by the 31st.

When this thing finally flies off the rails it's going to be bloody.

I'm probably not the only one who thought of Newman's rant at the start of the Seinfeld finale when reading that post:

:P

A bit old of a post, but still.

I really don't know how the Coyotes stay with a CoG council that's decidedly anti-throwing-public-funds-away. But the Coyotes have proven me (and most of us) wrong thus far...

Edited by DustDevil61

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

Positive news regarding the Coyotes here. As dismal as their television ratings are, they still more than double up the Panthers.

http://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/Journal/Issues/2012/04/09/Media/NHL-RSN-ratings.aspx

Despite being in the playoff race the entire season, the Florida Panthers once again limped into the end of the season with the league’s lowest rating (0.21) and viewership. An average of 3,000 homes tuned in to FS Florida for each Panthers game. Phoenix Coyotes games on FS Arizona drew an average of 7,000 homes for each game.

The Penguins get 101,000 in a medium-sized television market. The Blackhawks get 108,000 in a big one. Bruins, 112,000. 7,000 TVs in Phoenix! And less than half of that in South Florida!

"don't worry the team is an awesome loss leader for all the other events so they're never gonna move derp derp derp derp derp" YOU GUYS CAN GO TOO

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

When this thing finally flies off the rails it's going to be bloody.

I'm probably not the only one who thought of Newman's rant at the start of the Seinfeld finale when reading that post:

A bit old of a post, but still.

I really don't know how the Coyotes stay with a CoG council that's decidedly anti-throwing-public-funds-away. But the Coyotes have proven me (and most of us) wrong thus far...

MARK MY WORDS BETTMAN, YOUR DAY OF RECKONING IS COMING!

Joyce Clark has a twitter feed and it seems to consist entirely of her talking to that George Fallar creep. She also posted a photoshop of the council member who voted against this (and was also behind the Vast Mexican Conspiracy), handing Greg Jamison a novelty check.

BAXgOPbCYAAutf1.jpg

I mean that's not even good shooping, to say nothing of the incredible immaturity of being an old woman trolling another old woman on twitter because you made her suck at her job.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Now that Seattle is back in play, thereby giving Bettman another US market to fall back on, the odds of the Coyotes ending up in Quebec probably just dropped by an order of magnitude.

CCSLC signature.png

Now that Seattle is back in play, thereby giving Bettman another US market to fall back on, the odds of the Coyotes ending up in Quebec probably just dropped by an order of magnitude.

Depends on if there's a willing ownership group there.