NHL Anti-Thread: Bad Business Decision Aggregator

The_Admiral

Bea Wyatt, I believe, is the girlfriend/wife of noted creeperoo George Fallar, who was behind the Coyotes PAC and, if some conspiracy-theorizing HFboarders are to be believed, has started running Joyce Clark's infamous twitter account.

I know too much.

Speaking of Fallar.....

https://twitter.com/gfallar

http://nebulousverbosity.com/

http://nebulousverbosity.com/?p=2992

Shane Doan is, apparently, worthy of admiration greater to or equal to that of Teddy Roosevelt. These people are idiots and deserve to lose their hockey team.

EDIT- I want "Grumpy Coyotes Grinch" on a t-shirt.

http://nebulousverbosity.com/?p=2760

Edited by Ice_Cap

Shane Doan wants the salary cap to allow for more flexible buyouts so that the salary cap can allow for his buyout when he bitches his way out of moving with the team. More of that patented Shane Doan Heroism, sacrificing for the greater good of Shane Doan.

This, of course, is to operate under the premise that some Bible-thumping jock outwitted one of the best labor (or, more accurately, anti-labor) lawyers in the country. Mmhmm.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

It's kind of like jumping on the grenade but with the team strapped to your chest.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

I actually feel kind of uncomfortable when I read Fallar's blog beyond just the weird feeling you get when you're reading the extended works of a conspiracy theorist. Something about the fact that he doesn't just rant on the internet but actually makes it part of his life is unsettling. I rant about this stupid situation but otherwise go about the rest of my life. I don't form a political action committee.

For what it's worth Jamison is claiming he'll complete the sale by Wed or Thursday of this week. But he's not sure exactly when. Here's hoping his watch is still set to Pacific time coming from the Bay Area and he files an hour late.

http://www.azcentral.com/insiders/westsideinsider/2013/01/28/phoenix-coyotes-announcment-due-this-week-prosective-owner-says/

Thursday or bust for out free $300 million, says Glendale's mayor.

You can almost hear the money being flown in from league headquarters now.

Then again, the mayor hints he could be open to drafting a new deal instead, so this thing could drag on ad infinitum.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Then again, the mayor hints he could be open to drafting a new deal instead, so this thing could drag on ad infinitum.

The Never Ending Story

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Not with Jamison it won't. If he cannot close under these ridiculously favorable terms he won't jave a chamce in hell under whatever modified terms the new council concocts.

Then the league will just drag in Ice Edge again, or try to convince Glendale that Jerry Reinsdorf is really super-serious about wanting to buy the team, for reals, you guys.

I just don't see this ending Thursday. It's been too stupid for too long. We're fast approaching 15 years of "People not wanting to own the Phoenix Coyotes".

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Ugh. There you have it. Mayor open to drafting a new deal. I knew that someone we wouldn't get out of this thing.

I don't know if the league would loan him the money. I mean, OITGDNHL, but this would be more-than doubling down on the failure that is the Coyotes. Jamison presumably has no money, so let's say the league gives him $150 million. They know very well that it is impossible to make money on the team, and because he wouldn't be able to pay NHL loans, they would essentially be giving him the franchise for free. We know how much of willing accomplices the owners have been when Bettman said, "trust me, I got this" the past four years, but I think when it comes to giving away the team for free, we would see some Khrushcheving at the next owners' meeting.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Then the league will just drag in Ice Edge again, or try to convince Glendale that Jerry Reinsdorf is really super-serious about wanting to buy the team, for reals, you guys.

I just don't see this ending Thursday. It's been too stupid for too long. We're fast approaching 15 years of "People not wanting to own the Phoenix Coyotes".

I don't think Glendale's new leaders care so much if Reinsforf comes in. Sure they're willing to draft a new deal, but it looks like the gravy train as we knew it is over. It'll have to be a deal that makes financial sense for the city. Which is impossible for them to do and placate any ownership group, even Ice Edge. Remember this is the city council who buys the premise that the city would lose less money without the Coyotes than with them. I can see this council, unlike the last one, being ok with the team leaving town.

The end may be near. It won't be quick, but it'll happen.

Sure they're willing to draft a new deal, but it looks like the gravy train as we knew it is over. It'll have to be a deal that makes financial sense for the city.

Then the team won't be viable. A massive and ongoing public subsidy is the only thing that could keep the Coyotes out of the red.

They'll need that, increased revenue sharing, charging for parking, getting all the concession money, so on, so forth, and even then.

I can't tell which way the needle is moving on revenue sharing. They've increased the pot. That's good! They've also eliminated disqualifications for the Ducks, Islanders, and Devils. That's bad. But the payouts are now determined at the discretion of Gary Bettman. That's good! The revenue sharing contains potassium benzoate. Can I go now?

Sure they're willing to draft a new deal, but it looks like the gravy train as we knew it is over. It'll have to be a deal that makes financial sense for the city.

Then the team won't be viable. A massive and ongoing public subsidy is the only thing that could keep the Coyotes out of the red.

Which is why I said not to worry. The new council knows the city keeping the team is a bigger money loser than dumping them. So if it comes down to it they'll use their mandate (having all been voted in as gravy train opponents) and let the team go.