NHL Anti-Thread: Bad Business Decision Aggregator

The_Admiral

Nordiques.jpg

Brave soul.

I bet a quarter of the people there didn't even know what team he was wearing

As much as I think the Coyotes being placed in Phoenix was a bad idea, that guy is out of line and exhibiting very poor form. Not unlike this scuzbag who watched the Kings play the Wizards in DC the other night.

BBvljNHCAAAbrCK.jpg

I'm all for being happy that you're possibly getting a team. But going to the games of that team before it's finalized and while they're still playing in their current city just reeks of douchebaggery and dancing on other people's sorrow (more so in the Kings case since they are a great fan base that has done all that was asked of them and still may get the shaft). But even for the 'Yotes it's still pretty classless even if not as blatant or solid as the Kings/Sonics thing is currently. And it could be even worse later this week if Jamison falls through.

I think the Sonics guy is much worse than the Nordiques guy because the Kings are on the verge of moving.

This is a shame because many (but not all) Sonics fans are understanding of the suffering of losing a team and are trying to be sensitive about the situation.

"I did absolutely nothing and it was everything I thought it could be." -Peter Gibbons

RIP Demitra #38

Two things from today:

Mike Sunnucks is reporting that Jamison has scrounged up the money from somewhere, and will make the purchase just under the city's deadline.

Elliotte Friedman is reporting the league intends to expand to 32 teams, which would pretty much seal up all of the potential markets the Coyotes could relocate to.

None of this fixes the main problem with the Coyotes (no one wants to watch them play and they lose $25M+ a year), but it does throw quite a wrench into them going anywhere.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Elliotte Friedman is reporting the league intends to expand to 32 teams, which would pretty much seal up all of the potential markets the Coyotes could relocate to.

He also made it sound like the situation could be Seattle/Quebec/GTA 2...in some combination of expansion and relocated Coyotes.

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

meet the new page, not the same as the old page.

They'll need that, increased revenue sharing, charging for parking, getting all the concession money, so on, so forth, and even then.

I can't tell which way the needle is moving on revenue sharing. They've increased the pot. That's good! They've also eliminated disqualifications for the Ducks, Islanders, and Devils. That's bad. But the payouts are now determined at the discretion of Gary Bettman. That's good! The revenue sharing contains potassium benzoate. Can I go now?

So you're saying Gary Bettman has a switch on his back set to "evil"? And if we reset it, he'll act logically when it comes to the Coyotes?

Two things from today:

Mike Sunnucks is reporting that Jamison has scrounged up the money from somewhere, and will make the purchase just under the city's deadline.

None of this fixes the main problem with the Coyotes (no one wants to watch them play and they lose $25M+ a year), but it does throw quite a wrench into them going anywhere.

Jesus just what the NHL needs, more expansion.

Two things from today:

I can't see how they sold expansion to the owners when they just loaned Jamison Quebecor's expansion fee in its entirety.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Two things from today:

G-ddamn it. This league deserves to die.

• Like 1

Sharks majority owner Hasso Plattner buys out shareholders Kevin Compton and Stratton Sclavos.

There's your Coyotes money. Greg Jamison's puttin' the band back together. You know, like that movie. Blues Brothers 2000.

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

League incentives?

http://espn.go.com/nhl/story/_/id/8898939/greg-jamison-main-suitor-phoenix-coyotes-produce-capital-purcahse-team-according-sources

ESPN reporting that Jamison doesn't have the money but A Secret Unnamed Mystery Group does OH FOR THE LOVE OF CHRIST

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

http://espn.go.com/n...cording-sources

ESPN reporting that Jamison doesn't have the money but A Secret Unnamed Mystery Group does OH FOR THE LOVE OF CHRIST

I swear to God if that group doesn't speak French....

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

THN's Ken Campbell cites a nebulous "source close to NHL ownership" as saying Greg Jamison was never able to raise a single dollar. So much bull :censored: , I can't even. Why would you, as a member of the Glendale City Council believe a single damn word the NHL says to you the next time they trot a "prospective owner" in front of you?

THN's Ken Campbell cites a nebulous "source close to NHL ownership" as saying Greg Jamison was never able to raise a single dollar. So much bull :censored: , I can't even. Why would you, as a member of the Glendale City Council believe a single damn word the NHL says to you the next time they trot a "prospective owner" in front of you?

Hopefully they won't. This new council seems like they have half a clue unlike their predecessors.