NHL Anti-Thread: Bad Business Decision Aggregator

The_Admiral

It's like the grand finale where everyone comes out in a chorus line.

rim_1247409c.jpg

"Hey, kids it's me!

I bet you thought that I was dead...

But when Bettman blocked me we were 10 posts in and now we're already on the fourth thread!"

reinsdorf_060906.jpg

"Look, guys, I refuse to sing.

And I still don't want this team.

Buying the Coyotes would be a nice fling,

but turning profit would be a pipe dream."

I'd nominate this for POTD if RIM (now BBRY) hadn't lost virtually all of its value since this began...

Regardless, now I have Billy Madison in my head.

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

It's like the grand finale where everyone comes out in a chorus line.

hi-res-88785799_crop_exact_zps794b992c.jpg

"One day more to relocation, we will nip it in the bud!"

I swear after nearly 23 years...I still do not know exactly what the phrase means.

http://youtu.be/ZNDi9URMBoU

Skip 1:53 for the reference.

• Like 1

GLENDALE, ARIZONA --- The Phoenix Coyotes announced today a new ticket package called the GOALden Ticket. The GOALden Ticket allows fans to purchase one of two ticket packages to attend anywhere from one to 10 of the Coyotes final 2012-13 regular season home games in lower level seats (regularly priced at $75) at Jobing.com Arena. The package will go on sale to the public on Monday, February 18.

By purchasing the first ticket package for $100, a fan will receive five (5) goals on their GOALden Ticket. Beginning on March 9 versus the Dallas Stars, fans will be able to see up to 10 Coyotes home games until the team gives up five (5) goals at Jobing.com Arena. Once that happens, the GOALden Ticket is void.

If the Coyotes had started this promotion with the Blackhawks game the other night, it would have failed before second intermission. B)

B) B) B)

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

If they wanted to truly recreate the full Phoenix Coyotes Experience, they'd let the fans make this gamble with other people's money.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Oh man, this is such a bad idea. There's also a $250 option that lasts until they give up 25. Oh hey, no pressure, Mike.

I find it odd that they're tying team performance to ticket prices. Especially when Phoenix has shown they don't give two :censored:s about how the team performs. Desperate times, I guess.

GLENDALE, ARIZONA --- The Phoenix Coyotes announced today a new ticket package called the GOALden Ticket. The GOALden Ticket allows fans to purchase one of two ticket packages to attend anywhere from one to 10 of the Coyotes final 2012-13 regular season home games in lower level seats (regularly priced at $75) at Jobing.com Arena. The package will go on sale to the public on Monday, February 18.

By purchasing the first ticket package for $100, a fan will receive five (5) goals on their GOALden Ticket. Beginning on March 9 versus the Dallas Stars, fans will be able to see up to 10 Coyotes home games until the team gives up five (5) goals at Jobing.com Arena. Once that happens, the GOALden Ticket is void.

If the Coyotes had started this promotion with the Blackhawks game the other night, it would have failed before second intermission. B)

B) B) B)

Wow, I've heard of "novel" ticket ideas. But this one takes the cake.

Wouldn't it make more sense to base something like this off of how many goals the team scores, not how many they allow? This way, the team sucks for a game and you're cut off. So not only did the game you saw likely suck, but you made a bad "investment". That equals a happy fan? If your ticket lasted until the Coyotes scored five goals, you're balancing out "team doing well" versus "seeing more games".

That's pretty neat, actually. And if it garners any extra tickets sold, it's better than none.

No matter what game you buy tickets to, you run the risk of the game being a stinker. I've driven 7 hours to Tampa (and 7 hours back, all in the same 24-hour span) to see the Thrashers lose 7-1, and I've driven 6 hours to Memphis directly after a full workday with the Thrashers for a UGA football bowl game the next afternoon, a game where the team wasn't too interested in playing the postseason game and lost 10-6 in what's easily the ugliest football game I've ever seen, either in person or on TV.

No matter what game you buy tickets to, you run the risk of the game being a stinker.

Yes, but only in Glendale do you run the risk of paying more to go to a game specifically because it sucked.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

How is that allowed? A promotion that gives incentive for the team to do poorly? You can't control how many goals you score, but you can control how many you allow. I can't imagine that there wouldn't be anyone suspecting crooked behavior in this case.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

How is that allowed? A promotion that gives incentive for the team to do poorly? You can't control how many goals you score, but you can control how many you allow. I can't imagine that there wouldn't be anyone suspecting crooked behavior in this case.

When it comes to this franchise, wouldn't the crooked behavior just be assumed at this point?

That's pretty neat, actually. And if it garners any extra tickets sold, it's better than none.

No matter what game you buy tickets to, you run the risk of the game being a stinker. I've driven 7 hours to Tampa (and 7 hours back, all in the same 24-hour span) to see the Thrashers lose 7-1, and I've driven 6 hours to Memphis directly after a full workday with the Thrashers for a UGA football bowl game the next afternoon, a game where the team wasn't too interested in playing the postseason game and lost 10-6 in what's easily the ugliest football game I've ever seen, either in person or on TV.

You must've not seen the PSU/Iowa game when I was a freshman at Penn State in 2004.

Iowa 6, Penn State 4.

No joke.

You must've not seen the PSU/Iowa game when I was a freshman at Penn State in 2004.

Iowa 6, Penn State 4.

No joke.

Holy crap, I can't believe you weren't kidding.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Iowa 6, Penn State 4.

No joke.

You were at that game?!

*salutes*

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Iowa 6, Penn State 4.

No joke.

You were at that game?!

*salutes*

It was miserable. And this is coming from someone who's had Jets season tix his entire life and can remember seeing the Rich Kotite teams of the mid-90's.

And for the record, once I graduated I haven't watched or been to a PSU (or any college game) except for the 2009 Rose Bowl which I went to because hey, why not? Not a college football guy.

http://boards.sports...ack-in-the-game

A classic thread. Poke around and notice how things have and haven't changed. There were more pro-Coyotes people in May 2009 than there are now.

"What a tool. I'm mocking you! You don't dare mess with a Christian."

And that's only page 2!

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags