NHL Anti-Thread: Bad Business Decision Aggregator

The_Admiral

I could go for some Hardee's, but only because there's none anywhere near here, save for one on the Indiana Toll Road. Totally the novelty/scarcity factor. I bet if I went out and got some, though, it would be just awful.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Phoenix, Nashville, and Florida have this weird triumvirate of really obnoxious power play announcements where they make a big deal out of saying "POWER PLAAAAYYY!!!!!" and sometimes the crowd joins in and then kind of politely applauds itself for successfully saying "power play" together. This must be like when p.a. announcers for NBA games would say "TRAAAA-VELIIIIIINNG!!!!! 'Traveling' is when you don't dribble the ball" or whatever it was.

This Nashville Predators Powerplay is brought to you by Hardee's!

Not as bad as the Kings:

"Ladies and gentlemen, it's a DISC Sports and Spine power play!"

Phoenix, Nashville, and Florida have this weird triumvirate of really obnoxious power play announcements where they make a big deal out of saying "POWER PLAAAAYYY!!!!!" and sometimes the crowd joins in and then kind of politely applauds itself for successfully saying "power play" together. This must be like when p.a. announcers for NBA games would say "TRAAAA-VELIIIIIINNG!!!!! 'Traveling' is when you don't dribble the ball" or whatever it was.

This Nashville Predators Powerplay is brought to you by Hardee's!

Not as bad as the Kings:

"Ladies and gentlemen, it's a DISC Sports and Spine power play!"

I have no clue if the Preds powerplays are sponsored by Hardee's. I just love the idea of sponsored powerplays. But yes the Kings one is hilariously bad.

1zqy8ok.gif

I could go for some Hardee's, but only because there's none anywhere near here, save for one on the Indiana Toll Road. Totally the novelty/scarcity factor. I bet if I went out and got some, though, it would be just awful.

It's not that bad really. It's not gourmet dining, but when is fast food gourmet?

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Where would you rank it, as far as national mass-market fast food goes? I mean, Burger King is just the worst, McDonald's is pretty decent, Wendy's is fairly good, and White Castle is kind of a special case unto itself.

Side note: I got Subway for lunch today, because my mom gave us a couple of $5 gift cards as stocking stuffers. I had a bite of roast beef that tasted vaguely of fish, which differed from all the others that just tasted of unspecified animal protein. God, that place is a sandwich atrocity.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Flyers have the "PECO Powerplay", which makes at least a little sense since PECO (Philadelphia Electric COmpany) is a power company.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Where would you rank it, as far as national mass-market fast food goes? I mean, Burger King is just the worst, McDonald's is pretty decent, Wendy's is fairly good, and White Castle is kind of a special case unto itself.

Side note: I got Subway for lunch today, because my mom gave us a couple of $5 gift cards as stocking stuffers. I had a bite of roast beef that tasted vaguely of fish, which differed from all the others that just tasted of unspecified animal protein. God, that place is a sandwich atrocity.

With the exception of my time at IU, I've never lived in a town with a White Castle (and then it was on the other side of town from me), so I've never really had it and can't weigh in.

For the others that might class as major, my personal hierarchy of taste/value would line up as...

Wendy's

Arby's

Hardee's

McDonalds

Long John Silver's

KFC

Subway

*gap*

Super Bong Burger Taco Bell

Burger King

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I used to love Carls Jr and their Spicy Chickens, but I always felt sick to my stomach the next morning and had to take dumps. I eat a lot of Taco Bell and other restaurants, yet I haven't felt that bad afterwards.

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

Personally, I would pick Hardee's over Wendy's. they're both good though. BK, uggghg. McDonald's is McDonald's.

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

I've had mostly good experiences with Subway. Spicy Italian with pepper jack cheese, jalapenos, pepperoncini, giardiniera, oregano, sweet onion sauce, I mean any meat ambiguity is masked by the peck of pickled peppers I put on it, so really it all works out fine.

Portillo's is the best, if that counts. Culver's is probably the next best, but too expensive for what it is, and I never come away from the food itself like "I'm really satisfied with having eaten that." The frozen custard is good, though. I like Beef-a-Roo when I'm in the beautiful Rock River Valley.

I don't go to any other fast food chains.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

A hockey thread that's gone on a tangent about fast food? Don't mind if I do...

Hardee's is really good, quality food for fast food. If you want a burger (and you're not specifically in the mood for a White Castle slider or a McDonald's patty) or chicken strips, I'd suggest Hardee's. I don't go that often, but it's good when I do. Now, their Red Burrito menu is just whatever. It's not awful, but it's not really a big draw for me.

I'm not particularly picky, though. I enjoy all of Jack In The Box, McDonalds, Hardee's, Burger King, Taco Bell, KFC, and Wendy's. Should put Culver's in the mix too.

Arby's has some okay stuff, but now that I live back in St. Louis, I'll rarely if ever eat there again. Not with Lion's Choice being an option. Someday they'll expand beyond St. Louis and the world will be forever grateful.

And I specifically don't understand the BK hate. They're not amazing. Seems like all their new ideas are copies of someone else's, and sometimes they're not as good, but when I ate fast food more frequently and needed a change of pace, I was never against going there.

I'll mention Chick-fil-a and say the food is good, but I'm one of those that has stopped eating there since the anti-gay equality views were expressed by their owners. And hey, I don't eat Little Caesar's because Illitch owns them and the Red Wings (and the Tigers—not that I care), so I'm consistent on discontinuing my patronage once I discover I'm unhappy with the parent company/owner. (Not that I'm remotely comparing the two issues.)

When I lived down in Alabama, I enjoyed Zaxby's chicken on occasion.

For sandwich shop, I'm not a big fan in general. Subway is ok. Jimmy John's is ok. Now that I've discovered the more gourmet style sandwiches from JJ's, I give them a little more business. Plus they deliver and have drive thru's sometimes.

And if you're putting that build-your-own sandwich style place in fast food, do Chipotle, Moe's and Qdoba make the conversation too? If so, I like them all but in reverse order. Love Qdoba, Moe's is good, and Chipotle is better than I give them credit for (I think I'm just being a rebel—everyone goes nuts over them).

And I think I'll cut off my fast food analysis there.

Flyers have the "PECO Powerplay", which makes at least a little sense since PECO (Philadelphia Electric COmpany) is a power company.

Don't 100% remember if they're doing it still this year, but the Blues have done similarly with Ameren UE power company sponsoring their power play, I believe.

Don't 100% remember if they're doing it still this year, but the Blues have done similarly with Ameren UE power company sponsoring their power play, I believe.

Yes they do. I still don't get why a monopoly needs to advertise.

The craziest sponsorship I've seen was at a Blues game during intermission. They bring the house lights, scoreboard, LED screens, and sound down to make it seem like a power outage. Then they start playing "I've got the power" by Snap and then everything comes back up and there is a commercial for Peabody Energy (a coal company). Scared the crap out of me first time I was there for it. Sometimes I am convinced the Scottrade Center only has music from the day it opened in 1994. (90s Jock Jams songs).

"I did absolutely nothing and it was everything I thought it could be." -Peter Gibbons

RIP Demitra #38

Yes they do. I still don't get why a monopoly needs to advertise.

The craziest sponsorship I've seen was at a Blues game during intermission. They bring the house lights, scoreboard, LED screens, and sound down to make it seem like a power outage. Then they start playing "I've got the power" by Snap and then everything comes back up and there is a commercial for Peabody Energy (a coal company). Scared the crap out of me first time I was there for it. Sometimes I am convinced the Scottrade Center only has music from the day it opened in 1994. (90s Jock Jams songs).

Busch stadium has done this too, as have others probably. It's a smart if overdone advertisement. Good point about the monopoly, though. Maybe it's a good will thing.

Ahh, I still have memories of Vi Komak and the old yamaha organ singing the anthems at WHA era Jets games. Then Chantal Kreviazuk and her two talents in the NHL. Then the singer of Jenerator, I forget her name, but she showed me her boobs one time at Diamond Club in exchange for a rye and diet.

Carry on.

Welcome to DrunjFlix