NHL Anti-Thread: Bad Business Decision Aggregator

The_Admiral

We need a Zod-like finish to this, where we put the franchise into some infinite space-traveling shard, ne'er to be seen or discussed again.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

NO WE CAN NEVER HAVE ANOTHER SOUTHERN ONTARIO TEAM

Not this London...

london.jpg

THIS London...

383185_London-England.jpg

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

I'm racist, so all Londons look the same to me.

• Like 2
On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Well, it's good to know that Seattle's utter lack of preparation has Quebec City still in play.

It's not really Seattle's fault. Arena dimensions and ice capacity aside, I'm not sure they actually aspired to have an NHL team.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I love how it says that Bettman doesn't have a plan B "ironed out yet". You are the freaking commissioner, Bettman...don't you think you should have a plan B in place? What an idiot.

This truly is the song that never :censored: ing ends.

If, hypothetically, a solution for Glendale would be to miraculously combine the Coyote franchise with another bleeding franchise (ala North Stars-Barons/Seals in the 1970s) and expect all their financial woes to dissapear, Bettman would approve this in a millisecond.

My God, the sheer regression of logic coming from the commissioner and all involved with Phoenix/Glendale is truly amazing.

NO WE CAN NEVER HAVE ANOTHER SOUTHERN ONTARIO TEAM

Not this London...

london.jpg

THIS London...

383185_London-England.jpg

What about this one?

20061103_TENUNITED_0497_JL_Red_Blazer_cropped.jpg

How about this London:

London-Tipton-london-tipton-22974941-300-450.jpg

Or this one:

london-keyes-xbiz-awards-show-2013-VBzCOn.jpg

...with Robert Englund as co-owner

Englund_Krueger.jpg

So Glendale has revised its offer to say that, if RSE gets an out clause after 5 years, well, so does the city. Apparently this was sprung on RSE without notice, and is leading to speculation that the city has slipped in a poison pill. Delightful.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

So Glendale has revised its offer to say that, if RSE gets an out clause after 5 years, well, so does the city. Apparently this was sprung on RSE without notice, and is leading to speculation that the city has slipped in a poison pill. Delightful.

Mr-Burns-Saying-Excellent.gif

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Mr-Burns-Saying-Excellent.gif

If this is the case I am about ready to have a party and for once I'm finally proud of Glendale. I mean horrors, they've asked for the same deal the team is asking for. How dare they...

So Mike Smith seems to think it will either be Seattle or Phoenix and that is why he signed the contract.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)