NHL Anti-Thread: Bad Business Decision Aggregator

The_Admiral

Hope Logan Wade is there, with a five o'clock shadow on his face and a plug of Kodiak in his cheek.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

The Winnipeg Jets had a compensatory draft pick at #59 on Sunday because the Thrashers failed to sign their 2008 first-round pick, whom they drafted out of Junior B. You don't want the Thrashers back.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

The Winnipeg Jets had a compensatory draft pick at #59 on Sunday because the Thrashers failed to sign their 2008 first-round pick, whom they drafted out of Junior B. You don't want the Thrashers back.

Uh, yeah I do. I haven't watched hockey in two years, and won't until it comes back to Hotlanta.

PHI ALPHA! SIGMA ALPHA EPSILON. CAROLINA GAMECOCKS. ST. LOUIS CARDINALS. ST. LOUIS BLUES. ORLANDO CITY SC. JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS.

sc_gamecocks_sig1.png

If Bettman and Daly are there tonight, then you'd have to think Sherwood got the council to give the nice men their money so no one gets hurt.

That's because Atlanta...

maxresdefault.jpg

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Uh, yeah I do. I haven't watched hockey in two years, and won't until it comes back to Hotlanta.

You've got the Gwinnett Gladiators. That's all you're getting. Ever. Go support them.

If Bettman and Daly are there tonight, then you'd have to think Sherwood got the council to give the nice men their money so no one gets hurt.

They've allegedly got the votes for the plan 4-3, but if the agreement they approve still has the municipal out clause, RSE won't sign on for it.

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

You've got the Gwinnett Gladiators. That's all you're getting. Ever. Go support them.

They've allegedly got the votes for the plan 4-3, but if the agreement they approve still has the municipal out clause, RSE won't sign on for it.

Could it be? Could this be the end then? Because as I understand it if they haven't dropped the out clause by today by law they cannot vote on a plan w/o the clause today.

Now it's coming out that Global Spectrum (a division of Comcast, the owner of the Flyers and the NHL's media overlord) is signing on to be Ice Edge's arena manager. And now it's clear why they were conspicuously uninvolved in the bidding for the job.

Now it's coming out that Global Spectrum (a division of Comcast, the owner of the Flyers and the NHL's media overlord) is signing on to be Ice Edge's arena manager. And now it's clear why they were conspicuously uninvolved in the bidding for the job.

Why is it clear they were absent from the bidding process?

Also found the city's analysis that they'll lose less money short term without the Coyotes pretty damning if they do vote for the 'Yotes version of the plan.

http://www.azcentral.com/community/glendale/articles/20130701coyotes-deal-facing-vote.html

And seriously, who uses a first-round pick on a guy in :censored:ing Junior B? Well, Don Waddell, I guess. The Jets inherited the most understaffed, underqualified hockey-ops department in the league. It could take another five years to turn that thing around, and they don't even seem like they're in a hurry. It never ends for that place.

Count didn't want them involved in the process to run the arena without the team, obv.

And seriously, who uses a first-round pick on a guy in :censored:ing Junior B? Well, Don Waddell, I guess. The Jets inherited the most understaffed, underqualified hockey-ops department in the league. It could take another five years to turn that thing around, and they don't even seem like they're in a hurry. It never ends for that place.

Count didn't want them involved in the process to run the arena without the team, obv.

Oh I see what you're saying. Makes total sense they'd hang back if they were secretly in bed with RSE already. Wonder if that has any impact on the city's vote. They're paying RSE to pay someone else to run the arena is essentially what voting for RSE would come down to.

I WANT THE THRASHERS BACK!!!

Messiah-1.jpg

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

If you really want to get the conspiracy theories going, Global Spectrum also runs the arena (Copps Coliseum) here in Hamilton.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Brilliant backdoor plan, really. If the NHL can't get tax dollars out of Glendale, the NHL will just have to settle for getting tax dollars out of Glendale.