NHL Anti-Thread: Bad Business Decision Aggregator

The_Admiral

Welp, RSE invoked the firefighters and is dropping random numbers to indicate the team will be a financial success. If the council folds on the out clause issue they should be executed for gross public malfeasance.

Why would they invoke the firefighters? And which ones did they invoke. Invoking Glendale's is a bad move because they'll take even bigger cuts WITH the team than they will without it, the city's own analysis backs that. And if they brought up the 19 who died they should be dragged out of that meeting and beaten.

Well I hope you have a stick handy because its the latter.

Are you kidding me? What a bunch of no class :censored:tards. What was the context they brought them up, not that ANY is acceptable when they're begging to suck money from the public teat.

To provide convenient crocodile tears.

-------------------------------------------------

We seem to be relying a lot on parking fees here. It's a good thing I think public transportation is illegal in Arizona, or if it isn't Glendale's too broke to build a public transportation system.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Birnbaum here has basically said in ten different ways that this is a terrible deal. Watch it pass anyway. SHANE DOAN IS THE BESTEST EVERRRR *^__^*

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Welp, RSE invoked the firefighters and is dropping random numbers to indicate the team will be a financial success. If the council folds on the out clause issue they should be executed for gross public malfeasance.

Why would they invoke the firefighters? And which ones did they invoke. Invoking Glendale's is a bad move because they'll take even bigger cuts WITH the team than they will without it, the city's own analysis backs that. And if they brought up the 19 who died they should be dragged out of that meeting and beaten.

Well I hope you have a stick handy because its the latter.

Are you kidding me? What a bunch of no class :censored:tards. What was the context they brought them up, not that ANY is acceptable when they're begging to suck money from the public teat.

To provide convenient crocodile tears.

-------------------------------------------------

We seem to be relying a lot on parking fees here. It's a good thing I think public transportation is illegal in Arizona, or if it isn't Glendale's too broke to build a public transportation system.

Problem is they're only relying on parking after the first 2000 cars.

Birnbaum just said something along the lines of "in my 37 years of practicing law, I've never seen a case where their risks have to be our risks" or something. I dunno; I got lost. He goes on. But he's not a fan.

"if we could pause this for a couple weeks"

OH NO! TWO WEEKS!!!!!!!!!!

And $hit like that is why being a City Manager at any level is one of the most thankless, contract jobs in the USA, and also why Glendale has not filled their opening. The contracted wo/man gives the elected all the information they need (most often with a recommendation) and the elected do not want to make a decision, but to fire the City Manager for poor work.

I am serious about what I said earlier though. If Glendale amends and then goes bankrupt in 3 years they should start cutting off the heads of councilmembers. The Chinese have the right idea on this front.

• Like 1
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Mike Smith- Vezena Trophy winner! AHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Also these people worship Shane Doan. F all of them.

God damn. The madness of this day. The madness which is Phoenix/Glendale, Arizona.

What in blue hell is in that tap water down there???

Watching this city council and stuff, including when they were confused over the ambulance issue protocol before the Coyotes, has drawn me to one conclusion

....Tom Goes to the Mayor takes place in Glendale.

Members of the council knew that the public in attendance were there to possibly talk in the "public forum" about the NHL issue, rather than any other agenda item and wanted them to be able to speak as soon as possible. The city staff could have numbered better, but not a big deal. For those who have had to present in front of towns/cities or a non-profit BoD, most involved need an initial course or refresher in Robert's Rules.

NOBODY ON THIS COUNCIL KNOWS STANDARD CITY COUNCIL PROCEDURES OH MY GOD THIS REALLY IS THE SETTING OF TOM GOES TO THE MAYOR

Remember, they have no sitting City Manager. If they did, a course in Robert's Rules would have been given in a workshop or retreat with the new Council. It looks bad, but everybody dropped the ball here.

Robert's Rules are pretty d@mn complicated and especially when you are a part-timer as a politician.

People on hfboards are saying this guarantees expansion to Seattle and Quebec like it's a good thing. WHAT THE :censored: ?!

Today, we are all otaku.

People on hfboards are saying this guarantees expansion to Seattle and Quebec like it's a good thing. WHAT THE :censored: ?!

Wrong thread; please go to the Bad Thought Aggregator.

Everyone's smartphones suddenly start playing the EAS sound. It's B-A-N-A-N-A-S and for the love of god don't click the link

• Like 3