NHL Anti-Thread: Bad Business Decision Aggregator

The_Admiral

If each of you were more interested in your personal local governmental authority and in Robert's Rules, as opposed to the issues of the elected officials of Glendale, North America would be a slightly better place.

This just sounds like Jim Rome undressing an emailer after the usual "make the world a better place" spiel.

spacer.png

I remember the good admiral mocking Sharks (whateverthehell) guy Brodie Brazil. Add this to his ledger:

brodiebrazilCSNtwitter_bird.png

Can't imagine the fate of your team being determined by a city council vote. Good news: the

#coyotes are staying in AZ by a 4-3 count.

Sharks and 'Yotes are still in the same division, right? Enjoy going to the desert and getting owned by Mike Smith three-six times a season again.

4 shutouts in his last 6 games against the Sharks. Great.

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

By the way, should we change the thread title to Arizona Coyotes now?

Arizona Coyotes Episode II: The Blundering

Coincidentally, the most famous "Episode II" nomenclature (Star Wars) was the worst-performing of its corresponding series.

If each of you were more interested in your personal local governmental authority and in Robert's Rules, as opposed to the issues of the elected officials of Glendale, North America would be a slightly better place.

This just sounds like Jim Rome undressing an emailer after the usual "make the world a better place" spiel.

"...by getting rid of soccer, the worst sport in the history of the universe."

-Jim Rome

Motion to put my balls in your mouth?

• Like 6

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

In summary then, a town so in debt that it is 31 policemen and a whole fire station short of what it should have has voted to continue to pump money into a hockey franchise, in order that they can be anchor tenant on, and therefore 'save', a strip mall which is currently failing even with them there.

Seinfeld-Leaving.gif

1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

sorry sweetie, but I don't suck minor-league d

CCSLC Post of the day September 3rd 2012

You are not an original Tampa kid like I am, the CIT (Community Investment Tax) has hurt Hillsborough County more than it helped.

In summary then, a town so in debt that it is 31 policemen and a whole fire station short of what it should have has voted to continue to pump money into a hockey franchise, in order that they can be anchor tenant on, and therefore 'save', a strip mall which is currently failing even with them there.

Seinfeld-Leaving.gif

You forgot to mention that attendance statistics indicate that no one in the immediate area actually seems to care about said hockey team existing.

You are not an original Tampa kid like I am, the CIT (Community Investment Tax) has hurt Hillsborough County more than it helped.

Original Tampa Kid™? OTK for short, I take it? OH NOES!!!!!!!!!

Seinfeld-Leaving.gif

FWIW Westgate had its best performance during the lockouts. Probably because visitors weren't pissing their money away on discounted hockey tickets and vending.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Stop worrying about another community and look towards how your local tax money goes away or jobs lost.

And your handle seems to imply to me that you live in the Dallas-Fort Worth area now. Certainly doesn't seem to be Tampa anymore.

You at least knew how and when to get the hell out. I'm still trying to figure that whole operation out.

spacer.png

Seinfeld-Leaving.gif

FWIW Westgate had its best performance during the lockouts. Probably because visitors weren't pissing their money away on discounted hockey tickets and vending.

When people buying discounted tickets and vending is considered "pissing away" money, you know your community has a horrible finance department.

Or you know your community is in Arizona.

So....the other carrot was a promise to sort of make Glendale whole when the team moves in 5 years. Out of curiosity, does that obligation vanish if you declare bankruptcy?

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

So....the other carrot was a promise to sort of make Glendale whole when the team moves in 5 years. Out of curiosity, does that obligation vanish if you declare bankruptcy?

I think there is a good chance we will get to find that out

Stop worrying about another community...

Someone has to. Their own elected representatives don't seem to. And the Coyotes' most vocal supporters, including Squeaks4 here, are leaches in the worst possible way. They don't even live in Glendale, yet they want the city to bankrupt itself to fund their precious hockey team. It's morally repugnant. Sure, I live in a different city in a different country, but guess what Original Tampa Kid™? My concern over what Glendale's doing to itself is more sincere then what the despicable fans of this albatross of a team want.

and look towards how your local tax money goes away or jobs lost.

What does that have to do with ANYTHING being discussed here? Or did you throw that in just to be difficult?

As an Original Northwest Suburban Chicago Kid it's unbelievable that people don't memorize Robert's Rules of Order for their daily lives when Mike Milbury is able to attack people because we as a community need to delicious paint fumes.

• Like 1

Stop worrying about another community and look towards how your local tax money goes away or jobs lost.

Thing is, the reason why I've been so strongly against this is that something similar may, one day, end up happening in a community I reside in.*

While odds are small that a Glendale-magnitude situation happens again, who's not to say that some city, somewhere, goes this far to "save" a given money pit, whatever it is? What if this becomes the precedent for pro teams in the future? Do we want to see other municipalities possibly go bankrupt so they can "save" a given pet project? I don't.

*OK, it probably wouldn't be sports-related, but I would want to make sure public money--my money--goes toward something that's beneficial to the community.

Edited by DustDevil61

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

Stop worrying about another community...

Someone has to. Their own elected representatives don't seem to. And the Coyotes' most vocal supporters, including Squeaks4 here, are leaches in the worst possible way. They don't even live in Glendale, yet they want the city to bankrupt itself to fund their precious hockey team. It's morally repugnant. Sure, I live in a different city in a different country, but guess what Original Tampa Kid™? My concern over what Glendale's doing to itself is more sincere then what the despicable fans of this albatross of a team want.

and look towards how your local tax money goes away or jobs lost.

What does that have to do with ANYTHING being discussed here? Or did you throw that in just to be difficult?

NIMBY is an acronym since it is not your backyard.

Let them do what they want to do.

While you are a Canadian, there is still a reason why there are state's and community rights to handle their money.

Not sure who else is keeping tabs, but the city of Chicago is closing public schools left and right (but mostly south) while using TIFs to divert tax money into building a--you guessed it!--sports arena and surrounding shopping and entertainment district, which will host DePaul basketball in an area that is geographically incompatible with DePaul basketball because no one can get to the games if they even wanted to anyway which they don't. Government-financed arena-mall in an asinine location for a crappy sports team while cutting off essential city services. DOES THIS SOUND FAMILIAR.

• Like 2