NHL Anti-Thread: Bad Business Decision Aggregator

The_Admiral

Once again, the deal between Quebecor and Quebec City is not about building the arena. The deal is for naming rights and facilities management.

Quebec City and the provincial government have already announced their financial participation in funding the $400M arena. The city is simply taking into account the money that Quebecor will pay into what they can afford, and that's why they say they can't go forward without that deal. They should build something within their financial means, but of course, that's not going to happen.

Four times IHL Nielson Cup Champions - Montréal Shamrocks (2008-2009 // 2009-2010 // 2012-2013 // 2014-2015)

Five times TNFF Confederation Cup Champions - Yellowknife Eagles (2009 CC VI // 2010 CC VII // 2015 CC XII // 2017 CC XIV // 2018 CC XV)

I wonder if all this ownership stuff is going to lead us to a very simple DET to WIN division trade as a stopgap two or three year solution until we figure out where a few franchises will be playing long-term.

"I did absolutely nothing and it was everything I thought it could be." -Peter Gibbons

RIP Demitra #38

http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/console?hlg=20112012,2,158

this looks really bad get out of my league

I will say that Winnipeg vs Florida on a Halloween Monday night in Sunrise doesn't sound like the most enticing of match-ups to try and sell to the Panthers Red Zone at Lexus Ice at the BankAtlantic Center sponsored by Iams Dog Food presented by Bud Light.

But yeah that looked pretty damn bad. However, it was 11,855. Beating out Phoenix, even with the tarped upper deck.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

I will say that Winnipeg vs Florida on a Halloween Monday night in Sunrise doesn't sound like the most enticing of match-ups to try and sell to the Panthers Red Zone at Lexus Ice at the BankAtlantic Center sponsored by Iams Dog Food presented by Bud Light.

But yeah that looked pretty damn bad. However, it was 11,855. Beating out Phoenix, even with the tarped upper deck.

Yeah, that's not even 11,855 if the Florida State Board of Elections is counting. That "We See Red" campaign sure makes for an easy setup. Yep, we sure do see it! On the upholstery of all your empty seats!

For what it's worth (damn little, as it turns out!), Mockba walked up to the BankAtlantic Center for this game and scored a $260 seat on the glass for $50. From the box office.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

That's actually not even the worst I've seen for that place. A couple of years back I was watching a weeknight Wild @ Panthers game for God knows what reason, and the place looked like a Cleveland Indians game at the beginning of "Major League." The game you posted looks like a sell-out compared to that one.

Yeah, that's not even 11,855 if the Florida State Board of Elections is counting. That "We See Red" campaign sure makes for an easy setup. Yep, we sure do see it! On the upholstery of all your empty seats!

For what it's worth (damn little, as it turns out!), Mockba walked up to the BankAtlantic Center for this game and scored a $260 seat on the glass for $50. From the box office.

So they got $50 for a seat that otherwise would have gone unsold. It's like airline tickets....if you wait long enough, you can buy an expensive ticket for cheap. To the airline (and Panthers, in this case), it's better to get a little money out of it than nothing at all. It's not like Mockba was gonna go home if he couldn't buy a glass seat for $50. He was obviously going to buy a ticket, and likely spend some money on concessions inside the building. Both parties came out winners: Mockba got a good seat for cheap, and the Panthers got a little money out of it instead of no money.

I was also at the Jets/Panthers game Monday night. Felt like a Thrashers game, and now I know that there's a NHL/NBA arena that has a more-outdated JumboTron than Philips Arena.

I was also at the Jets/Panthers game Monday night. Felt like a Thrashers game, and now I know that there's a NHL/NBA arena that has a more-outdated JumboTron than Philips Arena.

Would you say there were 11,000 people there.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I take it you haven't been to the Nassau Coliseum.

scoreboard111209.jpg

Fun fact: my high school had a field trip the night this thing was unveiled in 1998 so I was there. We got to meet Gino Odjick before the game. I just looked for my autographed ticket stub but it is lost. How sad for me.

Personal bugbear: it's a belated happy birthday. The birthday itself isn't late, the well-wishing is.

I wonder how many people will be in attendance for Blackhawks-Panthers. Boy, there's a win I want more than usual, just to stick it to that farce of an operation and the beloved Crusty Old Hockey Guy running it, probably mumbling some tired crap about getting the Panthers to play "Panther hockey." Ugh.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I take it you haven't been to the Nassau Coliseum.

scoreboard111209.jpg

Fun fact: my high school had a field trip the night this thing was unveiled in 1998 so I was there. We got to meet Gino Odjick before the game. I just looked for my autographed ticket stub but it is lost. How sad for me.

Wow that is horrendous. I'm pretty sure the Cumberland County Civic Center has a better one.

They didn't even update the Pepsi logo (unless this pic is pre-logo redesign).

spacer.png

6,738 announced at the Jobber tonight.

On Saturday, they're undercutting what should be a money night for a middling franchise by making it $1 hot dog, pop, and beer night. Begging people to come to the arena on a weekend by offering dollar beers. Even CHL teams don't have to resort to that.

Perhaps it'll all turn around on the 10th for John McCain Bobblehead Night, which sounds like something mean I made up, but of course it's real, because OTGDCoyotes.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

The bobblehead is John McCain wearing a suit with a coyotes jersey over it. It's like they were at one point Matt Hulsizer bobbleheads and he dropped out so they said, "What are we gonna do with all these Matt Hulsizer bobbleheads? Uhhh.........John McCain night! Just paint the hair gray."

matthew-hulsizer-2011-4-21-0-30-58.jpg

PvO6ZWJ.png