NHL Anti-Thread: Bad Business Decision Aggregator

The_Admiral

If I remember the sketches correctly, the whole thing is going to look kind of like a big wood-paneled jellybean. Those are probably just big support columns that will be built around later. I like the idea of big watchtowers, though. They should have steeples!

The artists' renderings and models on the project's official website do seem to indicate that the towers will not be visible in the finished structure. I don't know whether that's changed or not.

exterieur_0.jpg

Image1.png

I loved the '90s IHL as much as anyone. No.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I'd think they'd be thirsty since they have no Cups to drink from. Am I right?

OK, I'll see myself out.

• Like 1

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

The whole "WE'RE A HUNGRY UNDERESTIMATED TEAM IN A NON-TRADITIONAL MARKET AND A COSCH WE BEEEELIEEEEVVVEE IN AND WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT THAT!?!?!?!?" routine was already used by the Lightning. What happened? They sucked and the coach the organization organized a circle jerk over got fired.

All of that is just bluster from an angry franchise with a chip on its shoulder, the sports equivalent of a teenager who's angry his parents don't "respect" him.

That video's going to be hilarious if viewed after a few games of uninspired trap-based Coyotes hockey.

The problem is that the whole campaign is running a year late. Yeah, you went to the conference finals and lost. In 2012. That's yesterday's news. Last year you sucked and missed the playoffs and the attendance was so bad that the cameramen weren't allowed to do wide shots of the arena coming out of commercial breaks. And I laugh at the notion that Shane Doan has ever been able to outthink a non-sessile animal.

And I do believe they used a not-actual Rangers logo. Tee-hee.

EDIT: also, what "new home"? A new subsidy =/= a new home.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

They proved hockey belonged in the desert...

...Just don't ask them how or when.

Antarctica is a desert. Let's move the team there! I bet their attendance would skyrocket compared to being in Glendale.

They proved hockey belonged in the desert...

...Just don't ask them how or when.

Antarctica is a desert. Let's move the team there! I bet their attendance would skyrocket compared to being in Glendale.

I wouldn't put it out of the question. Penguins have been known to bandwagon.

• Like 1

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

and HFboards is already deleting posts critical of the commercial, of course they are

LOL. Are they Phoenix....I mean Arizona Coyotes fans there?

I'm betting that that name will have no impact whatsoever, IMO.

97uyh0.jpg

Bruh check out my last.fm

And my Rate Your Music

Fantasy Teams: Seattle Spacemen (CFA)

Signature credit to Silent Wind of Doom

Their policy, as best I can suss it out, is that you're not allowed to hurt a fanbase's collective feelings, but because people in, say, Hamilton and Quebec don't have teams, they can't constitute fanbases, per se, and so they don't have collective feelings to hurt and subsequently manage. It was open season on Winnipeg fans before they had their team, and the mods didn't let them retaliate. So by saying "this commercial sucks" or "there are major rhetorical flaws and errors which I would like to point out," you are flaming an entire fanbase, I guess.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫