NHL Anti-Thread: Bad Business Decision Aggregator

The_Admiral

• 2 weeks later...

Tim Hortons Stand at Jobing.com Arena Open Monday Through Sunday from 9 A.M. to 3 P.M.

Fans that purchase a Tim Hortons coffee and Timbits on Monday, March 10 will receive a ticket voucher to be used for two (2) complimentary tickets to the Coyotes game versus the Florida Panthers on Thursday, March 20.

• Like 1

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Oh, FU citizens of Glendale. I was bored a couple of months ago and I could have been watching genuine NHL hockey.

Free tickets for donut. Arizona is the absolute worst.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Tim Hortons Stand at Jobing.com Arena Open Monday Through Sunday from 9 A.M. to 3 P.M.

Fans that purchase a Tim Hortons coffee and Timbits on Monday, March 10 will receive a ticket voucher to be used for two (2) complimentary tickets to the Coyotes game versus the Florida Panthers on Thursday, March 20.

Oh holy hell, they can't even run a coffee shop properly! Most people like to grab coffee on their way to work, which generally starts at 9 AM or before, so opening your Tim Hortons at 9 AM makes negative sense.

The fact that you get two free tickets to an NHL game for buying a single cup of coffee and donut holes speaks for itself.

Don't know whose free hockey ticket promotion is more pathetic, this one or the Panthers whole "trade your losing lottery ticket for a game ticket" promo.

And after reading it again, of course the Tim Horton's promo is for a game against the freaking Panthers!

Your punishment is having to sit through a Panthers-Coyotes game.

All of us having to watch this for the Stanley Cup is Bettman's orgasmic fantasy.

6607123.gif

If the Coyotes won the Cup in Glendale, would he actually be... cheered? I have to imagine it would look like Emperor Palpatine exiting his shuttle on the Star Destroyer.
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The latest on the Panthers' Glendaling attempts:

Sun Sentinel: Arena profit-sharing a sticking point in Panthers deal

http://articles.sun-sentinel.com/2014-03-17/news/fl-panthers-nitty-gritty-20140315_1_florida-panthers-profit-sharing-threshold-club-red

NBC: County officials balk at Panthers requests (with can't-miss Powerpoint screenshots)

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2014/03/18/county-officials-balk-at-panthers-requests/

Deadspin: Six Ways The Florida Panthers Want To Screw Broward County

http://deadspin.com/six-ways-the-florida-panthers-want-to-screw-broward-cou-1546460803

Also, where is the admiral?

What do you want?

Yeah, this deal is absurd, but I can't keep talking about how absurd the NHL is anymore. It never stops. What's left to say? I'm broken. I'm battered. I'm bruised.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

With regard to the recent deletions in this thread...

I can't speak for any other members of the Moderating Team, but amongst the top complaints I find filling my PM inbox on a regular basis from the CSSLC membership in general are those focused on the subject of threads being dragged off-topic. It is easily a "Top 3" beef amongst those members of this community who have turned to me when voicing their discontent. So, that being said, one of the moderating tasks that I try to undertake whenever possible is to keep threads focused on the subject at hand.
In a best-case scenario, I'll not only delete posts that have absolutely nothing to do with a thread's stated topic, I'll also post a brief reminder of what said thread's topic is and request that CCSLC members make every effort to stay focused on that topic. That said, there are days - many of them, in fact - when I find my career pursuits draw me away from regular visits to the CCSLC via my desktop or laptop computers. At such times, I'll engage with the CCSLC via my smartphone, which - mea culpa - isn't necessarily the latest and greatest generation of said devices.
I bring this up because when a need to engage in CCSLC housekeeping catches my eye at such times, I'll sometimes engage in a "quick-and-dirty" clean-up (sorry about the oxymoron). Whether because my time or the efficiency of my smart-phone is limited, I'll be forced to cut some corners.
In the case of the recent deletion of comments regarding The Admiral's absence that had appeared this thread, had I been on my home computer with more time available to me, I'd have elected to split said comments off into their own new thread with a post explaining why I'd done so. Unfortunately, I was in between business-related appointments, interfacing with this site via a tiny screen on my painfully-dated smartphone, and - in the moment - I elected to engage in a "quick-and-dirty" edit of said thread's content.
I can assure you that there was no motive for my actions beyond simple CCSLC housekeeping. My sincerest apologies for leaving the reasoning behind my thread-edit unexplained.

Please, feel free to carry on with the task of analyzing L'affaire de Coyotes de Phoenix ridicule.
Brian