NHL Anti-Thread: Bad Business Decision Aggregator

The_Admiral

I have been paying attention since the late 80s. But keeping the Coyotes and Panthers in their respective locations becomes more laughable with each passing year. Now Las Vegas may really come to fruition? That's more laughable than hockey in South Florida and Arizona.

http://www.sbnation.com/nhl/2014/11/12/7210411/nhl-expansion-las-vegas-owners

The Aloof family is one of the prospective owners of a Las Vegas expansion team.

The NHL has pulled off the impossible, how frickin dumb can you be even thinking about putting those clowns in as owners.

Well actually having money has never been a requirement for owning a NHL team before. Why start now?
Not just that, but were universally panned as being the worst owners in the NBA, if not all of sports, and pretty much gave the middle finger to the fanbase for the last 6 years of their ownership.

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

Be honest, if you had to pick one player who was most likely to infect opponents with a disease that has been nearly eradicated in the western world, you'd probably pick Corey Perry.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Well, mumps can be transmitted by saliva, so maybe he went ATM with Wildwing.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

In a league that at the time included Sterling, Dolan, Kohl, Cohan, Bennett, and Sarver, the Maloofs were considered the worst owners in the NBA during most of their time in the league. In GaryWorld, this apparently makes them a qualified candidate.

You're still new to this NHL thing, so I'll give you some free advice. Never underestimate the depths to which the NHL will sink to in order to land owners. Sad as it may be? I wasn't surprised in the least to hear the NHL was considering the Maloofs.

In a league that at the time included Sterling, Dolan, Kohl, Cohan, Bennett, and Sarver, the Maloofs were considered the worst owners in the NBA during most of their time in the league. In GaryWorld, this apparently makes them a qualified candidate.

You're still new to this NHL thing, so I'll give you some free advice. Never underestimate the depths to which the NHL will sink to in order to land owners. Sad as it may be? I wasn't surprised in the least to hear the NHL was considering the Maloofs.

...unless your name is Jim Balsillie.

Sporting Venue Count (for games): OHL: 19 (28 Total)- 770 games (after 18-19),

MLB: 13 (15 Total), NHL: 4

...unless your name is Jim Balsillie.

In that case Bettman's ignorance clouded his poor judgment to the league's benefit. Tell me, has RIM hit penny stock levels yet?

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Oh, I know all about Spano, Boots DelBiaggio, Kokusai Green, et al. The Maloofs getting serious consideration is not a surprise.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

If Vegas gets into the NHL wouldn't that mean that the Sun Belt would have more teams than all of Canada?

That just seems a bit out of whack to me unless there is something I'm missing then please explain it to me.

2nn48xofg0hms8k326cqdmuis.gifUnited States (2016 - Pres)7204.gif144.gif