NHL Anti-Thread: Bad Business Decision Aggregator

The_Admiral

N3u2qKe.jpg

Starsies are talkin' a big game for a team averaging 3.32 goals against and with five missed postseasons in the last six years. Hope the conversion rate on Internet Cool Points to Conference Standings Points helps you pass Winnipeg.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Why is Cartman a Kings fan when he lives in Colorado ?

Matt Parker and Trey Stone live in Manhattan Beach. At some point, they became Kings fans. (I'll give them credit. It was before the Cups.) So then they worked with the Kings to make the animation.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

What a weird combination of sites to be hacked.

The websites of the Independent, the Daily Telegraph, OK magazine, the London Evening Standard and Americas National Hockey League have been hacked by the Syrian Electronic Army, the pro-Assad Syrian hacker group.

The article goes on to that it was through the ads on the sites.

IbjBaeE.png

Also,

http://nypost.com/2014/12/01/barclays-center-sale-buzz-builds/

AEG believes Yormark is paying too much to keep the arena booked, sources said. It was Yormark who guaranteed $50 million a year to the New York Islanders once they move to Barclays next season.

“AEG sees the Islanders deal as too risky,” the source said.

After roughly five years, Barclays can get out of the Islanders contract, sources said.

AEG declined to comment.

Time to start exploring construction of a new Nassau Coliseum or other new hockey-specific facility in Queens, Nassau, or western Suffolk, with the understanding that AEG (Kings ownership in a roundabout way) will stop paying the Islanders $50MM a year to exist. They could even use some of that silly money to finance the construction of their new arena that will allow paying customers to watch the hockey game they're at.

Like so many Long Islanders, they can move to Brooklyn, realize it wasn't for them, and go back to the suburbs to raise a family where the schools are good.

If I'm not mistaken, isn't MSG going bye-bye at some point in the foreseeable future? What would be the odds of the Isles and Rangers building a shared arena ala Jets-Giants or Lakers-Clips? Knicks would have to go too.

I'm going to say very, very low. Repainting grass on a football field once a week and switching out tiles pieces of basketball court every couple days is one thing. Having to redo the ice surface every couple days (logo, ads etc.) is an entirely different beast.

IbjBaeE.png

That part, of course, being the part of you that is a fan of the New York Islanders? Because other than the absurd annual payments to play there, the Brooklyn thing sucks.

I see where the Long Island Rail Road might finally provide service to the Nassau Coliseum now that the team is gone. God, Long Island is all about closing the barn door after the horse is out, isn't it?

If I'm not mistaken, isn't MSG going bye-bye at some point in the foreseeable future? What would be the odds of the Isles and Rangers building a shared arena ala Jets-Giants or Lakers-Clips? Knicks would have to go too.

I thought it would cause some issues. They could always go with an NHL shield at centre ice, sort of what like the Jets and Giants do. The ads are probably easy enough to switch, but then you have two storied franchises which probably want their presence known. Nevermind.

sig.png

So...what exactly is the point of this and the other anti-sports season threads? Are we supposed to be putting links to news that disparages the NHL or what?

"And then I remember to relax, and stop trying to hold on to it, and then it flows through me like rain and I can't feel anything but gratitude for every single moment of my stupid little life... You have no idea what I'm talking about, I'm sure. But don't worry... you will someday."