NHL Anti-Thread: Bad Business Decision Aggregator

The_Admiral

Screen_Shot_2014-12-06_at_9.30.02_PM.0_z
On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

The Panthers had a pregame video that mocked the snowstorm in Buffalo, you know, the one that killed people. Nice ship you're running. Hope it sinks, you pricks.

Is it fair game for the Sabres to make fun of South Beach when a Katrina-like storm wipes out the greater-Miami area because of climate change?

Fantastic little OITGDNHL story from Uncle Bob, on just how slapdash and last-minute the Florida/Anaheim expansion/Bruce McNall-engineered dick-waving contest was:

http://www.tsn.ca/mckenzie-no-one-should-be-caught-off-guard-by-expansion-1.154730

• Like 1
On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I was gonna post that. I can't decide which part is my favorite: the continued insistence on Las Vegas at all costs, NHL functionaries dumping a bunch of crap out of a bag, or an ill-composed Michael Eisner pacing around old-money Palm Beach in a flop sweat.

• Like 1

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Are they actually considering Las Vegas??? I thought it was just some cute idea. But LAS VEGAS???? Phoenix and Miami have been massive failures. Even Dallas, the 4th largest metro area in the country has had it's troubles after winning a Stanley Cup. They think Vegas is actually going to have some slim hope of success? Do owners get to vote on this?

sig.png

From the BoG meetings (from my ESPN app notification): NHL allows potential Las Vegas owner the right to hold ticket drive to gauge interest

So basically, this thing is real, folks.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

If they're looking for any excuse to put a team in your market, the ticket drive requires no money. If they're looking for any excuse to keep a team out of your market, you have to make a three-year commitment.

• Like 1

This literally can't go worse than the season ticket drive for Hamilton. Las Vegas just has to check a box yes or no. Hamilton put actual money down and now they're banned for life because Balsillie didn't say Mother May I.

Also, "My Name Is Jonas" is one of the few Weezer songs I actually like.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

https://twitter.com/WHLFacts/status/541819843830632448

17,543 - The @WHLHitmen attendance was also higher than all 4 NHL games tonight (4,000 more than in Raleigh for Carolina/Detroit)

But small Canadian markets are useless, you know, other than selling out every NHL game and every minor game as well.

• Like 1

sig.png