NHL Anti-Thread: Bad Business Decision Aggregator

The_Admiral

Seattle and Vegas to the Pacific, Calgary and Edmonton to the central.

So 7/9 division split? I don't think so.

If you do your moves, you'd probably move Colorado to the Pacific as well. (Because you're not going to split Flames/Oilers)

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Jet fuel doesn't burn hot enough to melt parking lots.

• Like 2
On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

http://www.tsn.ca/coyotes-survival-hinges-on-arena-deal-battle-1.283772

What a carnival that whole situation is.

I also laugh at this last paragraph that talks about potential relocation sites:

As for Quebec City or Southern Ontario: "Nope. Both of those cities make the balanced conference problem worse," said the NHL team owner, who declined to speak publicly for fear of being fined by the league. "I think it leaves us with Las Vegas as our best alternative. I could see them moving the Coyotes there when the new arena is done."

So slightly unbalanced conferences (an issue, sure) is a bigger problem than putting a team in a market that WILL NOT WORK and have the franchise become an epic fail. I know it's an owner that said it but all know the head honchos feel that way as well. I don't understand the NHL.

sig.png

Hahaha, I was just coming here to post this. I love that the first comment on the story is "Here we go again...". And every time I think the Coyotes' saga can't get any more ridiculous, by God, they prove me wrong. Funneling the Glendale Hockey Welfare money inappropriately? Losing *more* than the $35 million IceArizona said they did? The new majority owner unwilling to offer any proof he owns the team? This series holds up better over multiple sequels than the "Fast & Furious" franchise. It's the feel-good hit of the offseason!

• Like 1
On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

As for Quebec City or Southern Ontario: "Nope. Both of those cities make the balanced conference problem worse," said the NHL team owner, who declined to speak publicly for fear of being fined by the league. "I think it leaves us with Las Vegas as our best alternative. I could see them moving the Coyotes there when the new arena is done."

tumblr_mxaadrHoPn1qf2y2ko4_250.gif

• Like 1

The Arizona Coyotes' plane was spotted at Boeing field in Seattle this week. That probably doesn't mean much. Probably just some routine maintenance or something like that OR IT MEANS THE TEAM IS HERE FOR A MEETING ABOUT MOVING TO SEATTLE.

PvO6ZWJ.png

tumblr_mxaadrHoPn1qf2y2ko4_250.gif

Then tell Detroit or Columbus to get :censored: ing bent and return to the Western Conference.

• Like 1
On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Guys, Quebec City is getting another team. They'll just have to add more teams to the West to even the conferences out. And since they're the NHL, I'm guessing those teams end up in Boise and Albuquerque. Also, Helena is on deck in case the Jets have a single empty seat next year.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

The Arizona Coyotes' plane was spotted at Boeing field in Seattle this week. That probably doesn't mean much. Probably just some routine maintenance or something like that OR IT MEANS THE TEAM IS HERE FOR A MEETING ABOUT MOVING TO SEATTLE.

Why would it be in Seattle randomly in the offseason? Not like it's got a stop over from Vancouver or Edmonton, unless they were golfing in BC somewhere.

sig.png

http://www.tsn.ca/coyotes-survival-hinges-on-arena-deal-battle-1.283772

What a carnival that whole situation is.

I also laugh at this last paragraph that talks about potential relocation sites:

So slightly unbalanced conferences (an issue, sure) is a bigger problem than putting a team in a market that WILL NOT WORK and have the franchise become an epic fail. I know it's an owner that said it but all know the head honchos feel that way as well. I don't understand the NHL.

"All Barroway says he'll give us is 90 minutes, and he says it has to be in New York," Weiers said in an interview. "I'm not going to New York for 90 minutes. I mean, the team is here in Glendale. What's the problem?"

Cue the Whitesnake...