NHL Anti-Thread: Bad Business Decision Aggregator

The_Admiral

Restraining order has been filed, how exactly does that work?!

Request for a TRO has been filed. They've also filed for expedited discovery and for "several hundred million" in damages.

If they are granted the TRO business as usual will be the order of the day until the court decides the case.

Shame Matthew Hulsizer's bid fell through; he would have sued for "$ elvenety bilion DOLLARS."

• Like 1
On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

TRO was going to happen anyway. now let the real fun begin.

so long and thanks for all the fish.

One thing I learned in reading all that jazz: the NHL schedule's supposed to be out June 25th... :)

If I'm in the NHL leadership, I'm frantically trying to work out a way to take as many Glendale dates out of that schedule as possible for 2015-16: Phoenix, Las Vegas, Salt Lake City, Kansas City, Seattle, Quebec... anywhere viable. Take the Coyotes on a San Juan Expos-like season.

nav-logo.png

Did this get merged with some old Panthers thread? I found myself in the middle of a 2014 Florida discussion on page 226 of a 286-page thread. "Last read post" and all, I guess. Megathreads, man...

Yeah, the same thing happened to me yesterday; I got directed to a page from 2012. Weird.
  • Like 1

I think all the OITGDNHL/Coyotes Annual Tribulations threads got megasquished.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

There were never as many threads as there seemed to be; I just edited the title a lot and settled on this one once the thread/anti-thread nomenclature seemed to gain currency.

• Like 1

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

There were never as many threads as there seemed to be; I just edited the title a lot and settled on this one once the thread/anti-thread nomenclature seemed to gain currency.

I'm kinda surprised that you haven't changed the name of the thread again in the last couple of days with the events in Glendale and all.

• Like 1

Sporting Venue Count (for games): OHL: 19 (28 Total)- 770 games (after 18-19),

MLB: 13 (15 Total), NHL: 4

And it still didn't even get a "Here We Go Again" subtitle?! :)

I'm kinda surprised that you haven't changed the name of the thread again in the last couple of days with the events in Glendale and all.

I'm normally not one to toot my own horn around here, but I did name the initial "Here We Go Again?" before it eventually morphed into the Winnipeg Jets Appreciation Thread. ;)

That said, I did love the changing titles and lines and Admiral's accompanying wit, though I'd imagine it becoming taxing. May I suggest if--and I stress IF--Admiral renames the thread, something along the lines of "Gather 'round Children, it's time to point and laugh at the Coyotes again?"

However, does anyone think that the next Coyotes Vs. Glendale hearing (around June 29th or so) may conflict or affect with the NHL's schedule release?

Edited by DustDevil61

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

So Sportsnet got an interview with Ronda Pearson, aka the angry nurse/season ticket holder from North Phoenix. LINK

She had some gems in her answers:

SPORTSNET: Why did you decide to show up at council last night?

Pearson: I’ve been very active when it comes to knowing about this team and keeping them in Arizona. There were lots of people who put time, energy, and effort into drafting a lease agreement.

Yes. You showed up to defend the sanctity of the lease agreement. The agreement that lots of people put their energy into, none of them you or any other Coyotes fans.

SN: What has the reaction been like after Wednesday night?

It’s very overwhelming. My Twitter has not stopped beeping. A lot of support. I haven't seen anyone or anything negative. Lots of people said I said what they were feeling. And that means a lot.

1) She obviously hasn't seen this thread or HFBoards or Deadspin or Olbermann or sports media in the last two days. 2) Define "lots" 3) What city do those people live in? Not-Glendale like you?

SN: How long have you been a Coyotes fan? What got you into hockey?

I was born and raised a (Boston) Bruins fan. ... I used to be die-hard Bruins fan and now this is my team. Love them or hate them, I support them.

So what jersey do you wear to Bruins/Coyotes games? She said in an earlier answer mentioning the Super Bowl, she was from New England and would kill for those tickets. Are you a Cardinals fan now too?

SN: How do you think this plays out now?

...the City will create more financial difficulties and I'm worried. I don't live there. I live in Phoenix, but it's all going to trickle down. We're like a family. It's like a brother running into financial issues and you will probably be supportive and it will all trickle down throughout the state.

No, you don't live there and that's not how it works.

SN: Do you think the team could relocate?

Our ownership group made a deal with Glendale. The arena (we have now) is beautiful. Westgate (Entertainment District) is amazing. What happens to all the mom-and-pop businesess if the team leaves? They’re all going to close down. Then, no one has any reason to go to Glendale. I doubt we'll get a Super Bowl here in the future. The Cardinals have what? Eight games a year?

Westgate isn't that amazing. The "mom-and-pop businesses" aren't in Westgate, were there before the Coyotes, were fine and will continue to be find. No one really has any reason to go to Glendale as it is outside of the Cardinals games and if you like kitschy Old Town. And again, Glendale was doing just fine with what it had before Westgate and the Coyotes.

And my favorite, the piece d'resistance:

SN: How has the fan base reacted to the ongoing support from Commissioner Bettman?

Its an old saying that Arizona is the only place where we boo (Wayne) Gretzky and cheer for Gary Bettman. No matter your personal feelings about the guy, we're eternally grateful. How would you not want the team here? He's been nothing but supportive... I've had the pleasure of meeting and shaking his hand. It was an honour. I hope this works out before it gets to the courts. I hope and pray for the City of Glendale.

Oh yes, that old Arizona saying: "Boo Greatness, Cheer Failure!" Everything else in that quote speaks for itself. Also, a little presumptuous to type out "honour" when quoting an American there, Sportsnet.

There's some other blabber about Shane Doan's greatness, and I will give her credit on knowing her stuff on Coyotes prospects and potential draft picks though. I was actually kind of impressed with that little bit.

---

Now really, I know it's easy to rag on people like her, but I do feel for people like this lady that are actually Coyotes fans or have shown even a little passion for the team. Especially because I know how I feel about my hockey team and who's to say how I would react if they were in the same situation. If the City of Anaheim just cut out of a deal with the Ducks on a loophole because the deal sucked for them, I might think it was a dumb thing but also I don't pay the consequences other than losing a toy I really like. Like for most of us, I doubt the majority of us actually live in the exact city our team plays in. And if it was a civil squabble that could potentially exile our team, some of us might want to show up and speak from the heart on it. For the people that are actually Coyotes fans, I know this whole thing sucks and I do feel sorry for them.

I don't know what I'm trying to get at there, because I kinda just want this dumb exercise to end. The whole thing has been some strange kind of mess ever since the team left Phoenix for Glendale. I guess I just wanted to say I'm sorry that the Coyotes fans that there are have to be dragged around through this mess again. I hope you can keep your team in some capacity back in downtown or in Scottsdale or whatever, but it needs to be done in Glendale. And if being done in Glendale means off to Quebec or something, then I'm sorry Yotes fans. I'll miss the easy road trip, but it'll be for the greater good.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Also, a little presumptuous to type out "honour" when quoting an American there, Sportsnet.

Well, I mean, if their house style as a Canadian publication is to spell it "honour," then they have to do it that way no matter whose mouth it came out of, don't they? It's not a different word altogether.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫