NHL Anti-Thread: Bad Business Decision Aggregator

The_Admiral

has Kane been booed when he is playing.

He's played before extremely welcoming crowds. No boos.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Should be interesting? We're long past interesting and at least thirty miles into the Twilight Zone.

been busy with a work and have not read a lot (other then what might have happened).

TL;DR

Ryan Braun but with rape and semen instead of steroids and home runs.

• Like 3
"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

The more I look into this, the more I feel like Kane's going to walk and perhaps have his name cleared. Not because I want him to as a fan, not because the victim isn't telling the truth, and not because Kane is innocent. He's going to walk because either:

1. Kane's lawyer is a no-holds-barred brilliantly evil mastermind

2a. The alleged victim's attorney is a moron.

2b. The alleged victim's attorney wasn't nearly prepared to counter the depths his opponent was willing to sink.

Kane is "winning" this thing because it's been handled brilliantly. There's been no evidence whatsoever presented within a courtroom. None. Perhaps never will be. All we've had is abundant rumor:

• Kane's DNA found only under her fingernails and shoulders
  • multiple counts of non-Kane semen inside/on victim
  • tons of random & unproven reports of legal teams meeting to discuss settling

...all of which paint the portrait of Kane as a victimized millionaire being attacked by a slut who wants his money.

All of that evidence could be dissolved as total bullcrap if you simply kept your case & evidence under lock and key until trial. However what we've got now is bedlam.

The evidence bag being torn and placed at the home of the victim's mother suggests that the chain of custody is ruined, rendering any findings from the kit (be it for or against Kane's innocence) as questionable, if not outright inadmissible. By going to the media outright, the victim's attorney is calling the entirety of the Buffalo & Erie County justice system out as corrupt, while also leaking the name of his client. This whole thing used to be in shades of gray, but thanks to this thing it's black and white -- somebody is blatantly lying here.

And I'm guessing it's not the girl.

• Like 1
"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Here's the bag, also:

ZemWgIj.jpg

Something about this stuff being placed in a crappy paper bag seems really weird to me.

twitter

Should be interesting? We're long past interesting and at least thirty miles into the Twilight Zone.

been busy with a work and have not read a lot (other then what might have happened).

TL;DR

Ryan Braun but with rape and semen instead of steroids and home runs.

But they don't even have Kane's semen! Allegedly. I'm guessing someone played a prank on the accuser and fabricated the bag. The police are saying they have the evidence fully accounted for in its original bags, so someone's either lying or has been hoodwinked.

Really, if a rape kit is done and finds no Kane DNA, and if Kane has denied that they even had sex (which we don't know), no charges were going to be brought. No matter the origins of this bag, I think the lawyer held this press conference to put the "tampering with evidence" story out there to influence potential jurors in the eventual civil case. He knows this one is closed if it's true that no Kane DNA was found around her genitals.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

If Kane does not go to prison, and it seems like he won't, tell you what, he's gotta sell that mansion in Buffalo and NEVER GO BACK TO THAT AWFUL PLACE. He needs to be kept in Chicago all year for the duration of his contract and never let out of the sights of various WirtzCorp hired goons. Remember when Derrick Rose's brother made him live in a house in Deerfield and pretty much keep to himself so he'd stay out of trouble (which failed when he cut his hand slicing an apple because being poor he didn't know how to eat fresh fruit)? That has to happen again but with Kane. He shouldn't be able to take off his goddamn pants without an off-duty cop undoing his belt for him.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

If Kane does not go to prison, and it seems like he won't, tell you what, he's gotta sell that mansion in Buffalo and NEVER GO BACK TO THAT AWFUL PLACE. He needs to be kept in Chicago all year for the duration of his contract and never let out of the sights of various WirtzCorp hired goons. Remember when Derrick Rose's brother made him live in a house in Deerfield and pretty much keep to himself so he'd stay out of trouble (which failed when he cut his hand slicing an apple because being poor he didn't know how to eat fresh fruit)? That has to happen again but with Kane. He shouldn't be able to take off his goddamn pants without an off-duty cop undoing his belt for him.

I'd say trading a literal prison for a virtual one sounds fairly likely. It sounds nice to prophesy him being in some sort of team-imposed house arrest, but he'll be on the road w/ the team and no doubt at some point he'll find the drugs and booze again. The guy is what he is, and there's no changing that. Best thing for everybody in the Blackhawks organization is to give him a half-season to play, stay healthy, and let the dust settle on the scandal. Once things are settled a bit, trade him away to some dumbass franchise as soon as humanly possible.

Then spend the next several months subtly distancing yourself from him and selling things to the press about how the locker room is healthier, leadership blahblahblah, and unified team mentality, etc. See Marshall, Brandon.

twitter

Big difference in value to the team (in play and revenue) between Brandon Marshall and Patrick Kane. Of course, there's also a big difference between being a general moody nutjob and a plausible rapist, so I dunno. Team's probably done winning Stanley Cups for the time being, so I guess it doesn't matter too much if they trade him. I'd lean toward no, unless they plan on drafting first overall again soon.

Big difference in value to the team (in play and revenue) between Brandon Marshall and Patrick Kane. Of course, there's also a big difference between being a general moody nutjob and a plausible rapist, so I dunno. Team's probably done winning Stanley Cups for the time being, so I guess it doesn't matter too much if they trade him. I'd lean toward no, unless they plan on drafting first overall again soon.

Definitely. You couldn't ask for two more disparate franchises than the Bears and Blackhawks, so maybe I erred in that comparison of players, but I feel like if the return is even remotely approaching fair, you act.

What irritates me most, as concerns the Blackhawks only, is that they stupidly gave Kane to the press. They took a stance, of sorts. All I think anyone wanted was silence.

I dunno. I'm going to eat nachos until I feel better.

twitter

But they don't even have Kane's semen! Allegedly. I'm guessing someone played a prank on the accuser and fabricated the bag. The police are saying they have the evidence fully accounted for in its original bags, so someone's either lying or has been hoodwinked.

There is a potential gap here, in that the evidence was transferred from local PD in Hamburg to the Erie County Sheriff. So it's possible that the bag was compromised in Hamburg, its contents resealed, and County has had it in that packaging for all its time. Not that any of this matters now; Kane's walking without indictment on this, and everything else is just a matter of how ugly we care to find out it all gets.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Here's the bag, also:

ZemWgIj.jpg

Something about this stuff being placed in a crappy paper bag seems really weird to me.

What is this? A brown bag lunch?

What reality am I living in anymore?

"And then I remember to relax, and stop trying to hold on to it, and then it flows through me like rain and I can't feel anything but gratitude for every single moment of my stupid little life... You have no idea what I'm talking about, I'm sure. But don't worry... you will someday." 

I've read evidence from crime scenes is put in paper bags, not plastic/sandwich bags like they do on TV and movies. So it might not be as weird as it seems.

I could be wrong about the evidence though.

Nope, paper bags are the norm.

It is and it isn't. Can we properly monitor an evidence room and make sure that sensitive material is properly disposed of when necessary? No. Can a mid-sized municipality roll A MOTHERF-CKING TANK down the street? An emphatic yes!

Obvious solution: run Patrick Kane over with a tank

• Like 1