NHL Anti-Thread: Bad Business Decision Aggregator

The_Admiral

I think DiCaro has been doing some world-class bear-poking the last day or so and is coming dangerously close to making herself the story.

That does genuinely worry me. It's Bernsteinian in the worst of ways.

---

If you're missing out on the AD's press conference this morning, you're missing OUT. This is ridiculous.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

While traces of splooge may live that long, I'm certain they'd be able to tell the difference between relatively fresh goo and years-old jizz. Also, that she had other jiz in her underwear didn't do anything to hurt her story. That Kane's spunk was not there hurts it (if actually true). And I've now used

Also, the idea the friend wouldn't testify because she was 19 has got to be pure BS. There would be absolutely no repercussions for her. She's not going to get a ticket for claiming to have had an under-aged drink three months earlier. I don't buy that line one bit.

Also, the "cut rape kit short because equipment didn't work," thing sounds just unfathomable. If the equipment didn't work, I'm sure they could have transported the accuser to another hospital or police station to get the sampling done. If it were true that they said "This machine's not working. Whatevs." it'll be the worst thing to come out of this.

• Like 1
OldRomanSig2.jpg

Gotta update with what is happening at the presser.

• The victim's mother's motives are apparently part of a hoax
  • The victim changed her shirt at home before the rape kit was administered
  • The evidence bag presented is not remotely connected to the case. There is video evidence that definitively shows the handling of the kit and the evidence and it's storage/etc.
  • Unsure of whether charges will be filed against the mother
  • Accuser's mother refused to take a polygraph test, allegedly
"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

What this press conference is demonstrating is that the natural Buffalo accent is like someone from Chicago trying to "do" a Chicago accent. DEY DOAN COME IN BAAHHHXES DEY COME IN BAAAAGS. Now I'm waiting for the district attorney to announce that the Bears should bring back Ditka.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I think DiCaro has been doing some world-class bear-poking the last day or so and is coming dangerously close to making herself the story.

I'm guessing that's the point. I don't listen to the Score outside of occasional White Sox and Illini games, but I can't imagine she's any better than she was when I read her crap in the RedEye a few years back. She's somehow established now as a legal and rape expert. And she might very well have extensive knowledge of both, but the press has made a her "the person" through this. She has been featured and quoted in Deadspin. Considering 1) her politics are in line with the Score and Deadspin; and 2) her presence allows the dude-bro boys club to excuse away more of their sexist buffoonery, she's going to get a long career out of this.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Her game last night was pretty obvious: draw out people saying "you said Kane was guilty!", say "when did I do that?", and just go on frustrating people who can't pin her words down until they flip out and say something crappy, then run and alert the authorities that she's being threatened. Bernstein must teach seminars on this.

This just keeps getting worse for future accusers, and it sounds like a lot of that is on the mom mucking up the legal process, not Rape Culture.

Her game last night was pretty obvious: draw out people saying "you said Kane was guilty!", say "when did I do that?", and just go on frustrating people who can't pin her words down until they flip out and say something crappy, then run and alert the authorities that she's being threatened. Bernstein must teach seminars on this.

This just keeps getting worse for future accusers, and it sounds like a lot of that is on the mom mucking up the legal process, not Rape Culture.

If you quote shocking tweets and respond to them on your account, it smacks wrongly for me. She's awful about this as are many media members. The mute function should be lovingly embraced.

twitter

I get what she's doing, in that female media members, especially those in sports, get walloped with crap like this even when they aren't covering a star athlete rape case. She probably got sick at some point of absorbing the blows like everyone else and decided to start swinging. But I also get that when her RTs are just an unrelenting minute-by-minute trash parade, it does more to inoculate the reader than anything. "We get it, Julie, people are :censored: , please stop constantly reminding us."

If the alleged victim was assaulted (and now, we're guaranteed we'll never know), imagine what it's like to have your own mother take the already-slim hope of getting legal justice and shoot it right to hell. Oh, and your lawyer name-drops you nationwide and very publicly can't find his own ass with two hands. Good times all around.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

She probably got sick at some point of absorbing the blows like everyone else and decided to start swinging.

I don't think so. She dug her heels in on this weeks ago and has seemed perfectly happy to spar with twitter idiots. I don't know what her official job requirements are beyond being an update anchor, but I suspect that she is not being harassed within the capacity of her job with CBS and that her twitter-fighting is something that she's doing on her own time.

The Score has really embarrassed themselves across the board with their coverage of this story. It's been clear for years that they don't have the same respect for the Blackhawks that they have for the Bears, White Sox, Bulls, and now that they're on WBBM and under new management, the Cubs. If that's the tack they want to take with the Blackhawks, that's fine, that's their call, but it's been hard not to put their coverage in the context of their longstanding belief that the Blackhawks need to be kept at the bottom of the pecking order.

I'm pretty sure this ordeal has done it's job and guaranteed we get Hawks/Sabres at Buffalo as a part of Wednesday Night Rivalry.

"And then I remember to relax, and stop trying to hold on to it, and then it flows through me like rain and I can't feel anything but gratitude for every single moment of my stupid little life... You have no idea what I'm talking about, I'm sure. But don't worry... you will someday." 

She probably got sick at some point of absorbing the blows like everyone else and decided to start swinging.

I don't think so. She dug her heels in on this weeks ago and has seemed perfectly happy to spar with twitter idiots. I don't know what her official job requirements are beyond being an update anchor, but I suspect that she is not being harassed within the capacity of her job with CBS and that her twitter-fighting is something that she's doing on her own time.

The Score has really embarrassed themselves across the board with their coverage of this story. It's been clear for years that they don't have the same respect for the Blackhawks that they have for the Bears, White Sox, Bulls, and now that they're on WBBM and under new management, the Cubs. If that's the tack they want to take with the Blackhawks, that's fine, that's their call, but it's been hard not to put their coverage in the context of their longstanding belief that the Blackhawks need to be kept at the bottom of the pecking order.

I didn't mean weeks ago; I meant well before this case.

As for the rest of your bellyaching about a radio station not paying due respect to your team: #pleaselikemysport

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

The Score used to be much more blatant about it, even when the Blackhawks were on their airwaves. It always surprised me once they got good how they tried to elevate it after years of "talk hockey!" mockery ... but it has been a struggle.

I listen more often than I should, but not to Bernstein anymore. Whoever said he became a parody of himself nailed it.

And as far as Twitter, it drives me nuts when people retweet their worst followers -- sometimes people with one tweet and an egg. We can all go in your mentions if we are curious just how horrible people can be.

It's pretty sad that there are actually people out there, including right here, who believe that there's no possibility that he could be innocent. I get that the guy is a massive jackass off the ice who really needs to lay off the booze, but the rush to condemn him and hang him is really inappropriate. Yes, the court of public opinion isn't bound by the Constitution, but for God's sake, the man hasn't even been charged with a crime, much less convicted.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Well, back when the Hawks were on The Score, they were a) buying airtime and B) eating ass.

As for the rest, I've listened to The Score on my drives to and from work for the past week after not listening with any regularity for nine years-ish, and I'm not hearing what you all are saying. However, you all listen far more than I do, and therefore you would be far better qualified to notice patterns in opinion and analysis, so I'll defer.

EDIT: I forgot that b + closed parenthesis = cool sunglasses smilie, but I like the end result and stand by it.

SECOND EDIT/RESPONSE: Possibility =/= likelihood. Putting all your chips on "this rape allegation was fabricated" is like dropping a stack on a single number in roulette. Is it possible you're right? Yes. Is it likely you are?

• Like 1

Apparently, rape kits in Erie County never go into paper bags; they go into cardboard boxes. Why in the hell did they let everybody freak out for two days before letting that slip?

They didn't. The police released a statement shortly after the initial paper bag press conference stating that the chain of custody of the evidence was, in their words, unassailable. The media and certain social media posters just chose to ignore that because it gets in the way of them condemning Kane no matter the result of the case. If the evidence doesn't fit your narrative, just ignore it!

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)