NHL Anti-Thread: Bad Business Decision Aggregator

The_Admiral

"Oh, man, flying those guys around with us costs our $1.3bn sports franchise up to $200k! We'll never make a profit like this!" I wonder if Lou dry-humped a Ouija board he bought at Kensington Market and became possessed by Harold Ballard.

Everything about the Leafs' "Oh, they're finally being run by someone with a brain now" movement is going to get completely undermined by Lamoriello, and it is going to be a perverse delight. Has he killed the Leafs' alternate uniforms or fired Babcock and put himself behind the bench yet?

• Like 1
On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

In general, I'm not happy that Tank is suspended as long as he is, but I am glad he's not here to pop in and respond to this little nugget of failed cheapness and alienation with "Lou is a gineas"

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Oh yeah, that's sure going to help ensure an indictment and conviction. There's no way that could blow up in his face at all.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Oh yeah, that's sure going to help ensure an indictment and conviction. There's no way that could blow up in his face at all.

I get my stabbing knife ready and prepare for war. My wife calls and subsequently lies to the cops. Cop isn't a bro.

Putting 2+2+2 together...does this make the Admiral the accused's father?!(?!?!?!) #StabbingKnife #PrepareForWar

:P

Edited by DustDevil61

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

The hat came free with the knife.

Are you sure it wasn't the other way around?

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Sportsmockery? Why they're every bit as unassailable as a Raiders fan!

• Like 1

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Shanny is higher up the totem pole, so he'd better learn to. Shanahan, Dubas and Hunter are steering the ship. There may be some sort of mentoring aspect between Lamoriello and Dubas, who is being groomed for the GM position. Lou is here to make trade calls and buy razors in bulk.

The Leafs drafted, signed, and traded players without a GM. This is Lou's swan song.

How I see it, and how I hope it plays out.

• Like 1

The Islanders have dropped their doofy Brooklyn goal horn, and have announced they're going back to the one they used in Uniondale.

Oh, and come on out for Patrick Kane bobblehead night on January 24th against the Blues! Maybe the Erie County DA's office will have decided not to pursue charges against him by then, maybe not! Either way, it's brought to you by your Chicagoland and Northwest Indiana Chevy Dealers!

If things get worse, they can always cancel it, but with the needle pointing in the other direction more than any sane person ever could have envisioned, it's better to go forth with business as usual.

Here's something interesting. Mismanagement of funds: it's not just for NHL owners anymore!

A complaint filed July 6 with the Internal Revenue Service “asks that the IRS investigate Desert Hockey Development to determine if the IRS agrees that the organization has engaged in prohibited political activities or excessive lobbying while using deceptive and improper fundraising practices for the primary purpose of private benefit of the organization’s principal officer, George Fallar.”

. . .

“The loans and the political activities they funded had no public charity benefit and were in no way related to the exempt organization’s state purpose of providing youth development programs,” says the complaint.

“A section 501©(3) organization may not make a contribution to a political organization,” according to the IRS on its website, “such as a candidate committee, political party committee or political action committee.”

lol @ George Fallar

The Islanders have dropped their doofy Brooklyn goal horn, and have announced they're going back to the one they used in Uniondale.

Well that horn lasted all of three days.

Personally I'm hoping that this is the first step to the reveal that this whole Brooklyn thing is just an elaborate prank and that they'll be opening the season in Nassau County.

Since the horn was in conjunction with the MTA it would have suffered equipment failure eventually and been taken out of service. Better now then later.

Yormark's interview on ESPN 98.7 mae me want to rip his throat out through the live stream. He continues to show he doesn't understand how to deal with the existing Islanders fan base. Just because he was able to market the Nets the way he did does not mean he could do so with the Islanders.

Sounds like no expansion to Quebec City, just Las Vegas. Figures with this league.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nhl/post/_/id/39616/bruins-owner-jacobs-i-dont-know-if-theres-a-desire-for-expansion

Since there are already 16 teams in the Eastern Conference and 14 in the Western Conference, Jacobs did say he would rather see a team in the West.

While Jacobs admitted Quebec has the history and a beautiful new arena with a strong fan base, he believes Las Vegas would be more viable.

"Take a look at what’s gone up in Nevada -- it’s scary. I mean, it really is. It’s a heck of an arena built there, and there’s a strong interest there," Jacobs said. "Balance the fact, Quebec has a great hockey interest, [but] it’s an extraordinarily small market."

When a comment was made that the league wouldn’t want to expand into Quebec because the franchise could then possibly fail, Jacobs said: "No, we don’t want to do it again."

:(

EDIT:

Yormark's interview on ESPN 98.7 mae me want to rip his throat out through the live stream. He continues to show he doesn't understand how to deal with the existing Islanders fan base. Just because he was able to market the Nets the way he did does not mean he could do so with the Islanders.

Listening to this now. The Yormarks are thoroughly repellent people.

EDIT2: he's like "come on, we brought the banners over and everything!" Yes, congratulations on storing the belongings of your tenant, I'm so proud of you.