NHL Anti-Thread: Bad Business Decision Aggregator

The_Admiral

After what became of this whole situation, was there any other way this could have ended?

This whole thing was a mess and now there isn't really closure for some people. They are still going to think he did it and others are still going to think she's trying to take his money.

Kane's attorney expects the alleged victim will file a civil suit, as I guess she's got a new specialty lawyer & the previous negotiations fell through:

It's unclear whether the woman will file a lawsuit against Kane, though Cambria has predicted she will do so. She has hired an attorney who specializes in personal injury cases.

The Tribune has reported that Kane's attorneys at one point were working to resolve the case in a manner that benefited all involved parties, including his accuser. Sources, who spoke on the condition of anonymity, had described a delicate negotiation in which both Kane and his accuser refused at times to acquiesce because both viewed themselves as the wronged party.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/ct-patrick-kane-rape-case-decision-20151105-story.html

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

After what became of this whole situation, was there any other way this could have ended?

In the more general outcome of him not being tried but having a cloud hanging over his head, no. But I expected it would end more like the Jameis Winston case, with the DA not filing charges and the accuser adamantly pressing on and declaring his guilt. I guess this is the best resolution for all, short of the accuser saying "jk I made it up, LOLZ!"

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Admittedly I gave on following this circus. I just thought the eye roll over EA's decision was ridiculous. They have to worry about their own asses and were in no way contractually obligated to have Kane on there in the first place so removing him really wasn't a big deal.

So just accuse a person of something, then sit back and enjoy how that person loses everything, without being found guilty ? Your co worker or neighbour could be plotting stuff right now . America :censored: yeah !

Wow. Putting words in my mouth much?

You know what ... I'm gonna stop here. I could go on and on and bring in things from my personal past that are relevant but I won't. I don't feel like feeding this troll.

tumblr_ngah3fnPVC1qcjdp7o1_500.gif

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

Bonkers story coming out of the OHL tonight. The Flint Firebirds, playing their inaugural season, won 4-3 in overtime over Oshawa. After the game, ownership fired the entire coaching staff. In response, the entire roster quit.

EDIT: Apparently the owner canned the coaches because they weren't giving his son enough playing time. This is wonderful.

http://www.wingingitinmotown.com/2015/11/8/9694696/report-flint-firebirds-coaching-staff-fired-immediately-after

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Bonkers story coming out of the OHL tonight. The Flint Firebirds, playing their inaugural season, won 4-3 in overtime over Oshawa. After the game, ownership fired the entire coaching staff. In response, the entire roster quit.

EDIT: Apparently the owner canned the coaches because they weren't giving his son enough playing time. This is wonderful.

http://www.wingingitinmotown.com/2015/11/8/9694696/report-flint-firebirds-coaching-staff-fired-immediately-after

Yeah, the entire roster, including his son!

I saw, I came, I left.

Wow, Peter Karmanos sold this team and they got more dysfunctional, there's one you don't see every day.

• Like 1

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Bonkers story coming out of the OHL tonight. The Flint Firebirds, playing their inaugural season, won 4-3 in overtime over Oshawa. After the game, ownership fired the entire coaching staff. In response, the entire roster quit.EDIT: Apparently the owner canned the coaches because they weren't giving his son enough playing time. This is wonderful.http://www.wingingitinmotown.com/2015/11/8/9694696/report-flint-firebirds-coaching-staff-fired-immediately-after

Wow, Peter Karmanos sold this team and they got more dysfunctional, there's one you don't see every day.

Alternate Reality: Players walk across Flint to some other rink and become the Flint Tropics, first sports team run completely by the players...

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

So this is from a guy on Reddit, take that as you will.

A friend of mine works at a news station in Flint, hasn't gotten the "official" stamp yet, as he says it's now a race to see which news station gets the "official" stamp, but:

"The owner bought the team so his son could play in the OHL because he knew he wasn't talented enough to make it on his own. He then drafted his son and two of his friends on the OHL draft. Head coach John Gruden was forced to keep him on the roster but Gruden wouldn't play him. So tonight, Gruden was fired."
Pretty much reaffirms what everybody is saying, but with a couple added details.
Coach John Gruden?

IEI5Tg1.png

Firebirds may be one-and-done, though. Apparently the owner (who also owns the arena) bought the team primarily to get his son (and two of hus buddies) OHL ice time, so his special little boy could get into the NHL despite a relative lack of talent. He's a Marinovich for a new era.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.