NHL Anti-Thread: Bad Business Decision Aggregator

The_Admiral

On 10/6/2017 at 4:32 PM, the admiral said:

This Jumbotron is the only way to recoup our terrible losses from Fire Drill Follies. I just don't know what went wrong.

Why does any team think they even need a jumbotron that big, its not like its in the name or anything, but seriously, it probably takes up a bigger land area than any Devil crowd in the past 3 years, well nevermind, thats not that hard to do.

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

13 hours ago, BellaSpurs said:

Why does any team think they even need a jumbotron that big, its not like its in the name or anything, but seriously, it probably takes up a bigger land area than any Devil crowd in the past 3 years, well nevermind, thats not that hard to do.

Gotta be keeping up with the Jones’s. Had this discussion with my father the the home opener, how are these things practical? It is admittedly nice to see replays in such magnification and definition but necessary it’s not. And the one here in Tampa isn’t even close to the biggest anymore. To be quite honest it’s a little unsettling being beneath it if you’re on the ice surface! 

6 hours ago, twi said:

Gotta be keeping up with the Jones’s. Had this discussion with my father the the home opener, how are these things practical? It is admittedly nice to see replays in such magnification and definition but necessary it’s not. And the one here in Tampa isn’t even close to the biggest anymore. To be quite honest it’s a little unsettling being beneath it if you’re on the ice surface! 

A jumbotron that big would be perfect for Barclay's Center and their obstructed view seats.  Almost like you were really at the game.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, jmac11281 said:

Please tell me again why there is a hockey franchise in Raleigh, NC?

Because there couldn't be one in Auburn Hills or a disused hangar outside Columbus.

• Like 2

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

14 minutes ago, jmac11281 said:

Please tell me again why there is a hockey franchise in Raleigh, NC?

I will never root for a city to lose their team, but the Hurricanes continued existence makes less sense than the Coyotes. Its not even a major market.

• Like 1

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/new-rockets-owner-interested-bringing-nhl-team-houston/

Looks like the Houston Hurricanes dream is still alive. Knowing the NHL, they'll be an expansion team because the game still needs to grow in Raleigh.

Sporting Venue Count (for games): OHL: 19 (28 Total)- 770 games (after 18-19),

MLB: 13 (15 Total), NHL: 4

IMG_20171010_224430.jpg

• Like 3
On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

1 hour ago, the admiral said:

Well, at least moving the team to Houston would open a slot in the East for Quebec City.

They'd bump Chicago east to keep the slot open for Seattle.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

True, but you can easily cross a line and go too far into exploitative, cloying, and phony displays, but I think they stayed on the genuine and dignified side.

One thing that stuck out was the PA guy kept saying "One October". Is that how they say dates in the military? 

• Like 1

PvO6ZWJ.png

2 minutes ago, McCarthy said:

True, but you can easily cross a line and go too far into exploitative, cloying, and phony displays, but I think they stayed on the genuine and dignified side.

Their Twitter Dot Com account is pretty funny too, if you ask me.

• Like 1

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396