NHL Anti-Thread: Bad Business Decision Aggregator

The_Admiral

• 1 month later...

[James] Duthie: ...there’s a team that is 2-13-1 to start the season, and going to be kicked out of their home in Glendale, without a new arena being built, so what’s going to happen next season and beyond? 

[Chris] Johnston: Well, they’re still working on that. But I can say with certainty that they’re confident they will be in Arizona next season and beyond. On the front burner is trying to get an arena project, a permanent arena built in Tempe, Arizona. That’s going to take a few years, so the Coyotes have to be creative. And among the things they have considered for future temporary homes is Chase Field, home of the Arizona Diamondbacks, it’s a domed stadium that [is] in downtown Phoenix, they feel they can put an ice surface in there and play. And there is a precedent for this, many years ago the Tampa Bay Lightning did this while they were getting their own permanent rink built.

https://www.tsn.ca/insider-trading-how-close-are-the-sens-to-returning-to-play-1.1723083

IbjBaeE.png

It's an interesting idea but I don't see it happening. What, are the Coyotes gonna start and end each season there on a long road trip, both to let the Dbacks get settled in to start their season and just in case they make the playoffs? And what if the Yotes themselves somehow end their tank rebuild early and make the playoffs themselves, let alone go on a big run? It worked for the Lightning because the Devil Rays didn't exist yet, but I just don't see this working out at all.

• Like 2

And there is a precedent for this, many years ago the Tampa Bay Lightning did this while they were getting their own permanent rink built.

Do the letters "HVAC" mean anything to this guy. holy crap

• Like 2

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

3 hours ago, the admiral said:

Do the letters "HVAC" mean anything to this guy. holy crap

That’ll be another bill that’ll be thrown into the shredder with the one from Glendale.

Let’s talk logistics. This worked because they were able to have seats conform to the rink.

JcjQ89A.jpg
This can’t even accommodate a football field.

bHmhD03.jpg

(Although if it comes out from Brooklyn Honky will have a lot more room to frolic)

• Like 1

VmWIn6B.png

No, they need to blast the air conditioning year-round for a gigantic stadium that has 7,000 people packed around an ice rink in the corner. Think of how this could inconvenience the Red Wings, for God's sake.

• Like 6

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

• 2 weeks later...

a529e2800e2443b7b06556ebb0399d07f17537f0

• Like 2
On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

You just KNOW that they're going to screw this up. The NHL will bypass Quebec and Houston interests to sell them to a group wanting a NHL team in Biloxi, Mississippi because ... SUN BELT!

• Like 2

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

They just released a statement through text message to a few of the radio outlets in  that they’re not for sale, never going to be for sale and that they’re staying in Arizona for the unseeable future.