NHL Anti-Thread: Bad Business Decision Aggregator

The_Admiral

5 minutes ago, BBTV said:

Is there any lease that they're bound to?  Or once they pay up their taxes (how does it even get to this point?) are they free to just leave?

The city of Glendale has previously informed the Coyotes their presence is no longer welcome or needed after June 30, 2022.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Just now, Sodboy13 said:

The city of Glendale has previously informed the Coyotes their presence is no longer welcome or needed after June 30, 2022.

wonderful-perfect.gif

• Like 4

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

9 minutes ago, BBTV said:

I've got nothing against a Houston Aeros team (provided their logos are nice), but the prospective return of the Nordiques makes me wet downstairs, as long as we don't get the dumb wolf logo.  I'd even be down with a KC team (if they even still want one) over the Loserdale Coyotes.  Is there any lease that they're bound to?  Or once they pay up their taxes (how does it even get to this point?) are they free to just leave?

I don’t mind a team being in Houston but I hope they go with something different than Aeros just to differentiate from the jets. They are just alittle too close for my liking.

• Like 1

This timing is way too good to be coincidental.

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

If this team became the Houston Whatevers overnight, almost nobody would notice or care at this point.  OITGDNHL. 

Take this out back and shoot it already. 

• Like 1
"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

The person who wrote this statement was definitely wearing a hot dog suit.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, BBTV said:

I've got nothing against a Houston Aeros team (provided their logos are nice), but the prospective return of the Nordiques makes me wet downstairs, as long as we don't get the dumb wolf logo.  I'd even be down with a KC team (if they even still want one) over the Loserdale Coyotes.  Is there any lease that they're bound to?  Or once they pay up their taxes (how does it even get to this point?) are they free to just leave?

If the rumours about the team being for sale are true, the league's priority would be to find new owners who are committed to keep the team in the market. If there isn't anyone willing to buy them & stay in the Phoenix area, then we get into an Atlanta situation.

They're getting kicked out of Glendale at the end of this season, regardless of whether or not they pay what's owed. The team is in the process of trying to get a new arena built in Tempe, so I can't see any relocation news happening as long as that proposal is still on the table.

The league is stupid (I guess hence the title of this thread). They should be committed to finding an owner in a market where the team can succeed and be truly profitable without milking the government for public subsidies every year just to cover payroll. 

Put the damned team in Des Moines for all I care. 

• Like 6

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

The Coyotes have been in the Phoenix area for 25 years and have never been in the black (full disclosure, this was information that was reported when the Coyotes were for sale back in 2011 when they were rumored to be heading back to Winnipeg). From a sport financial point of view, if you haven't made money in 25 years in , shouldn't you pull the plug and relocate to a city that will make you money?  I can't imagine that an owner of a sports team would want to continue to lose money like this. This has got to be showing Bettman's arrogance over the entire Phoenix situation and how much control he actually has on this... And after reading the article on Wikipedia about the WHA Aeros trying to get into the NHL over the Whalers, Jeremy Jacobs was the one who didn't want Houston in the NHL. If he didn't want them then, can't imagine he wants them now... He's also the one who is the biggest opposition of the NHL returning to Quebec City. 

• Like 4

Tune in next week, when vendor bills come due again.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, CS85 said:

A nation celebrates. 

The sum includes some combination of money found under the mattress of the general manager of the Westgate Johnny Rockets and the sale of the platelets of the nonbelievers.

• Like 2

VmWIn6B.png

43 minutes ago, LMU said:

The sum includes some combination of money found under the mattress of the general manager of the Westgate Johnny Rockets and the sale of the platelets of the nonbelievers.

Or between the walls where a random worker magically finds 10 million dollars and 25,000 fans. But I am a fan of this team. Been following this team and gone to countless games and can already tell you that doesn’t matter where they go in the greater Phoenix area. This team will never make a profit and even if the team does build a Arena in Tempe. It’s going to be the same as it is in Glendale. Basically means that this team will still be in red. As it stands East Valley teams will travel to Glendale as it is for the Cardinals and not the Coyotes. They can win a Stanley Cup and I say half the people here will care. So honestly if they leave it’ll maybe effect a quarter of the people. It’s time for them to go or just extract the team and start fresh somewhere else.

• Like 1

I'm pissed because we lost a decade in Seattle waiting for the new Key and the Kraken. Could have had the Coyotes way back then and would be that much closer to an NBA franchise.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags