NHL Anti-Thread: Bad Business Decision Aggregator

The_Admiral

There's something kind of cozy about that west end (girls). That mezzanine doesn't seem so bad. Upper deck sightlines must've sucked, though.

I vaguely remember before the last Coyotes game at America West Arena, they said that you could only see about 70% of the rink from the upper deck on that side.

Old Winnipeg Arena was like this too. The overhang on each side was such that you couldn't see the side of the ice you were sitting on. There were TVs situated along the balcony for you to see the action, but still.

But oh, the memories.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Or a tweaking of this. Colours obviously first, the logo has some good.

1995-96Nordiquesjerseys.png

I remember when I first saw these however many years ago I freaking loved them. Now I look at them and feel like we really dodged a bullet. These things are soaked in 90's and don't fit in with the regal feel of Quebec City.

A stylized FDL as the main crest logo, ala the New Orleans Hornets, and their lighter blue with red would look great. Hockey needs brighter colors.

PvO6ZWJ.png

I think they should use a logo that combines a national symbol, the military, and their corporate overlords. Worked well last summer. Fleur-de-lis on top of an outline of the Citadelle with a Videotron logo at the top, gonna sell like mad!

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

The Quebec Citadelles an NHL ready look.

preview_550_35364.jpg

53-f.jpg

That was a brilliant identity all-around. Shame that it was relatively short-lived.

Shame they could make that into some sort of secondary logo for the Noveau-Nords. Did they have a mascot before? if not I think we've got a contender.

6893352392_587cf4e9eb_n.jpg

Take it for what's it worth....

http://translate.google.com/translate?sl=fr&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.univershockey.ca%2F%3Fp%3D1652%26fb_source%3Dmessage&act=url

"There is never smoke without fire, but when you see flames, it becomes downright plain."

"I can tell you, in fact, you CONFIRM that Quebec City will have his NHL team next season."

baltimoreravens.png

*breaks out Nordiques jersey, pops finest French champagne*

WOOOO! Winnipeg in 2011-12, Quebec City in 2012-13. The NHL is back to normal.

I think I speak for most Bruins fans when I say that I'm elated to have Quebec City return to the NHL.

spacer.png

Fun With Google Translate:

Nicolas St-Pierre @ ckoi_st_pierre Reply Retweet Favorite · Open

@ jf_the_chief Quebec is running as plausible the NHL can not afford to return an unnatural walk

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Adding more fuel to the fire... This was in Glendale's city council meeting on Tuesday via the HFBoards.

"Glendale apparently faces a $30 million budget deficit this coming fiscal year, but obviously don't want to cut services. Councilor Alvarez mentioned the Coyotes...

Quote:

Alvarez said she hears that the city doesn't have the money yet it is allocating $20 million in next fiscal year's budget for Jobing.com Arena, home to the Phoenix Coyotes.

"I know somebody is going to come back with the defense we need to have the Coyotes, we need to pay for the arena," she said. "But then we forget the community, the people who pay taxes, the kids who don't have the pools, the kids that don't have recreation. What we are doing is hurting our kids."

Given the looming deficit, and the credit downgrade by Moody's, I just don't see how they can pull off another year with a $25 million subsidy."

Sell the team already....

baltimoreravens.png

http://www.leaderpost.com/sports/Five+other+cities+vying+franchises/6352708/story.html

Interesting report from a website speculating which teams are in the hat for a new team, or the existing Coyotes. 5 cities according to these!

Saskatoon, and Kansas City deserve facepalms...

Yeah I agree, KC is only on the list because they have a state-of-the-art arena with no major professional tenant, and Saskatoon for the sheer fact it's a relatively large city in Canada and doesn't have a professional hockey team within 250 miles...

As for Hamilton, QC and Seattle, well they all are good options (maybe not Hamilton in the current situation), but QC and Seattle are probably the front runners to get an NHL team in the next 5-10 years (hopefully a lot sooner for QC :fingerscrossed:).

Yeah, I'd cross off QC due to it not being an Amurrican TV market.

And Winnipeg is?

Americans by and large don't care much either way, but generally, it's better if English is the primary language.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Is anyone in Arizona really going to miss the Coyotes other than die hard hockey fans?

Like I said, I'll miss them, but I'm a die-hard hockey fan. I like going just to see the game (and when the Ducks are in town).

There is a fair amount of people that will miss them. Now mind you these people that miss them also dont go to games for the most part. Actually, most of the kids in my generation (18-23) that were born/raised here that I've met out here in college are Coyotes fans. They've never not know Phoenix sports without the Coyotes (or DBacks for that matter). When I go to the games, I find that most of the Coyote fans are young adults or the older Canadian snowbirds rooting for the home team. There will definitely be people that miss them. (I don't want to say definitively more than there were in Atlanta because I couldn't say that for sure, but gauging my feel, I suspect that's the case. Just an opinion, don't flame down upon me Atlanta fan.)

Most of the rational thinking fans out here see the endgame too. They'll miss them, but they'll understand for the most part. And really, it's nobody's fault but their own and Glendale's. The NHL has been fighting hand over fist for this team to work in Arizona, but it sadly just isn't.

Ah well. Allez les Yotes.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Yeah, I'd cross off QC due to it not being an Amurrican TV market.

And Winnipeg is?

Americans by and large don't care much either way, but generally, it's better if English is the primary language.

Il ne fait aucune différence pour moi. ^_^

But, have the Jets been broadcast in the States on NBCSN or NBC? Should it matter? Quebecois will go to le Colisee and watch the games on French TV. Winnipeggers have gone to the MTS Centre and watched the games on TV. I don't think it'll be any different, really.

They'll certainly make more money in Quebec City than they did in Glendale.

spacer.png