NHL Anti-Thread: Bad Business Decision Aggregator

The_Admiral

Actually, I'd like to see Hulsizer back in that role. Just dress him up again and play "future owner" again. Better yet, just put an actor or any guy off the street in a luxury box with a brand new Coyotes jersey and cap and put him on the jumbotron with "FUTURE OWNER?" underneath him. Save it for when the team really needs a boost, then the non-Blackhawks fans can go nuts and ask each other if that was Greg Jamison. :)

Actually, I'd like to see Hulsizer back in that role. Just dress him up again and play "future owner" again. Better yet, just put an actor or any guy off the street in a luxury box with a brand new Coyotes jersey and cap and put him on the jumbotron with "FUTURE OWNER?" underneath him. Save it for when the team really needs a boost, then the non-Blackhawks fans can go nuts and ask each other if that was Greg Jamison. :)

But only if he is wearing the jersey over a shirt and tie.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

I'm throwing a PotD nomination your way for this :D

http://www.azfamily.com/news/Coyotes-win-as-Glendale-Council-pledges-more-money-148626725.html

Monday, during an eight-hour budget session, the Glendale City Council voted to budget another payout for next season.

During the same meeting, the Council also voted to raise property taxes and the sales tax. Council members said the Coyotes fund is not directly related to the tax hike, but another city official called it a "contributing factor."

Hmm, complete 180, the saga continues

baltimoreravens.png

http://www.azfamily.com/news/Coyotes-win-as-Glendale-Council-pledges-more-money-148626725.html

Monday, during an eight-hour budget session, the Glendale City Council voted to budget another payout for next season.

During the same meeting, the Council also voted to raise property taxes and the sales tax. Council members said the Coyotes fund is not directly related to the tax hike, but another city official called it a "contributing factor."

Holy crap, this is gonna go on another year, isn't it?!

Holy crap, this is gonna go on another year, isn't it?!

Preferably much longer B)

PopHeading-1.gif

How the hell can they justify that? Property and sales tax hikes while they're pissing money away to a hockey team that shouldn't be there? Wonder how long the current council will be in place until they're voted out.

How the hell can they justify that? Property and sales tax hikes while they're pissing money away to a hockey team that shouldn't be there? Wonder how long the current council will be in place until they're voted out.

I don't know, but...maybe until November? I thought I heard something along that timeline (general election and so on...).

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

http://www.azfamily....-148626725.html

I don't know, but...maybe until November? I thought I heard something along that timeline (general election and so on...).

FWIW, currently, Glendale has the third highest combined (state+county+city) sales tax rate in of any metropolitan area* in the USA at 9.5%. Their current city sales tax rate is 2.2% (it is 1.8% for groceries). If you dine in a restaurant, add another 1%.

As far as November 2012 elections, their city council has three council seats up for election PLUS the office of mayor.

*-Glendale was counted separately than the city of Phoenix, but six of the top 15 highest taxed were in metro Phoenix.

Edited by dfwabel

Councilwoman Yvonne Knaack explained her 'yes' vote.

"We own that arena," she said. "We have the debt regardless of the Coyotes. The best case scenarios is the Coyotes stay here to play the games and bring 500,000 people to the arena."

500,000 people. That's 12,000 a game. The "best case scenario" involves being dead last in league attendance by a wide margin. Keep on reaching for the stars, Yvonne.

These people are dumber than dog :censored: .

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I'm throwing a PotD nomination your way for this :D

Wow. Thanks. It's an honor just to be nominated.

Now, too bad reality is even more bizarre than that scenario. Is there any way possible that the NHL passes up the headache and just heads to Quebec City anyway for the good of the game? ... Nah, even I don't believe that they'd pass up a handout that justifies staying in Bettman's favorite pet market.

I normally feel sorry for the people of a city when a team leaves. Now I feel bad for Glendale that they are staying. The cost & quality of life are going in the wrong directions.

So should we be worried about another team being sacrificed to the hockey gods of Quebec City?

What the...

That only makes sense if they know there won't be a season next year...

Which is impossible unless...

Wait a minute, the CBA is expiring?

:censored:

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

What the...

That only makes sense if

You made your fatal mistake when you tried to make some sort of sense out of this.

Councilwoman Yvonne Knaack explained her 'yes' vote.

"We own that arena," she said. "We have the debt regardless of the Coyotes. The best case scenarios is the Coyotes stay here to play the games and bring 500,000 people to the arena."

500,000 people. That's 12,000 a game. The "best case scenario" involves being dead last in league attendance by a wide margin. Keep on reaching for the stars, Yvonne.

These people are dumber than dog :censored: .

Pretty sure the "500,000 people" was a generalized guesstimate and a sort of blanket statement when talking to the media. Her math is all about positive cash flows not actual calculations.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.